Cavs/Blazers/Rockets/Knicks Blockbuster.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Cavs/Blazers/Rockets/Knicks Blockbuster. 

Post#1 » by HornetsFan29 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Cavs Get: Lillard,R Anderson,C.Lee,And Ariza.

Blazers Get: Irving & C.Frye.

Rockets Get: Melo & T.Thompson.

Knicks Get: Eric Gordan & Jr Smith.

Why For Cavs? Get Kyrie out of there and to shake up their team and by adding new pieces can maybe help them take out the warriors.

Why For Blazers? Kyrie out to prove himself and blazers do this to shake up their team since the lillard led blazers has not done much.

Why For Rockets? to make their team stronger and go after a title.

Why For Knicks? Get rid of Melo and don't have to take on Anderson's contract which was a deal breaker for them.

What you think?
Like this or not?
NASE
Sophomore
And1: 111

Re: Cavs/Blazers/Rockets/Knicks Blockbuster. 

Post#2 » by NASE » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm

No thank you
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Ryan Anderson and Kevin Love on the same team, don't see it
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#4 » by zapatasblood » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm

No thanks
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Post#5 » by Myth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Easy no from Portland. Lillard is locked up longer, has good chemistry with CJ and Nurkic, and has voiced loyalty to the team many times. Irving wants to leave a losing situation. I can't imagine him being as happy in Portland as Dame seems to be.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#6 » by HornetsFan29 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Myth wrote:Easy no from Portland. Lillard is locked up longer, has good chemistry with CJ and Nurkic, and has voiced loyalty to the team many times. Irving wants to leave a losing situation. I can't imagine him being as happy in Portland as Dame seems to be.

Irving from his comments wants to go somewhere where he can be the man so that sound like he don't really care where he goes aslong as he #1 option leading the team.
dive135
Junior
And1: 227

Post#7 » by dive135 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:50 pm

No way would I trade Lillard who has expressed an interest to build something in Portland, for a disgruntled Irving.

Also even if Portland did decide it was time to move on from the Lillard/CJ experiment, it makes little sense to replace Lillard with a similar player who would have all the same faults.

There really is no value for Portland here, and Irving being disgruntled, and a similar player has less value than Lillard due to the situation, from a Portland perspective, so would need to add value of which Frye isn't.

From Houston perspective they also probably won't gut their team for Melo and Thompson from all indication from previous threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Caramel_Anton
Junior
And1: 97

Post#8 » by Caramel_Anton » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Post#9 » by Myth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:10 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:
Myth wrote:Easy no from Portland. Lillard is locked up longer, has good chemistry with CJ and Nurkic, and has voiced loyalty to the team many times. Irving wants to leave a losing situation. I can't imagine him being as happy in Portland as Dame seems to be.

Irving from his comments wants to go somewhere where he can be the man so that sound like he don't really care where he goes aslong as he #1 option leading the team.

And he still has fewer years on his contract and has no reason to be loyal to Portland, unlike Lillard. Either way, he is demonstrating a lack of loyalty, so this changes nothing about why he would be more attractive to Portland than Lillard.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#10 » by red96 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Getting all teams in a 4 team trade to say no is quite a feat.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#11 » by phraoh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Exactly, I think its an easy NO from all 4 teams !!
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#12 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:41 am

HornetsFan29 wrote:Cavs Get: Lillard,R Anderson,C.Lee,And Ariza.

Blazers Get: Irving & C.Frye.

Rockets Get: Melo & T.Thompson.

Knicks Get: Eric Gordan & Jr Smith.

Why For Cavs? Get Kyrie out of there and to shake up their team and by adding new pieces can maybe help them take out the warriors.

Why For Blazers? Kyrie out to prove himself and blazers do this to shake up their team since the lillard led blazers has not done much.

Why For Rockets? to make their team stronger and go after a title.

Why For Knicks? Get rid of Melo and don't have to take on Anderson's contract which was a deal breaker for them.

What you think?
Like this or not?

Sure Irving has a ring, but it took Lebron coming back to Cleveland to get it. I don't believe shaking the team up to see what Irving can do vs Lillard would have positive results. Like has already been mentioned, Lillard is loyal and Irving may not be. With only 1 year left on his contract, that leaves a lot of doubt for the future of the Blazers. Lillard is a leader and gets a lot out of his teammates. I don't see Irving have that same ability. No way would I even consider this trade for more than 1/2 a second and that would be too long.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:00 am

This is terrible for every team except Cleveland.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,128

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:07 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:This is terrible for every team except Cleveland.

It's terrible for Cleveland too. We'd much rather pay TT than Ryan Anderson. I'd also rather have JR than C. Lee.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions