Eureka, It Works! Simple CLE-NYK-POR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Re: Eureka, It Works! Simple CLE-NYK-POR 

Post#21 » by phraoh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Harkless would definitely have to go to Cleveland NOT NY. Harkless has more value to Cleveland than Turner.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Post#22 » by Myth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:07 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Myth wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:How critical is it to keep Aminu from a POR standpoint if Melo is coming back.

Are any of these guys untouchable?

Aminu Davis Vonleh? Napier / Connaughton / Layman to match up salaries. Left with

None of those guys are untouchable.

Probably the most important thing is not giving up too many future assets (our rookies, 1st round picks) and not taking too much immediate salary given the Blazers seem to be trying to get below the tax now to avoid the repeater tax when we inevitably are in it next year after re-signing Nurkic. Some Blazers fans aren't willing to give up a single 1st rounder for Melo, but I would give up a protected one if we get Melo and give up Leonard. I'm torn on if I'd include a 1st round pick with Turner going out now that Crabbe is gone, because Turner is now effectively our backup SG (unless the Blazers are sold on Connaughton or Layman being ready to step up, of which I am not sold).

Melo for the guys mentioned a single top 10 protected first works for me. I would hope the Knicks would sell off / waive those guys we acquire and just be all about the development the next two seasons.

Do you mean all the guys you mentioned? Or all the guys mentioned between both of us?
Aminu Davis Vonleh Napier / Connaughton / Layman and a 1st for Melo wouldn't work. That is still too much salary coming into Portland, and we would also lack a bench with no money to replace any bench players. Leonard would have to be included for salary purposes, and some of those cheap guys from the list would need to stay to fill out our bench. Something like Leonard, Aminu, Davis, Vonleh, and a protected first. Or some tweaked version of that would work from Portland's end.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Post#23 » by Myth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:09 pm

phraoh wrote:Harkless would definitely have to go to Cleveland NOT NY. Harkless has more value to Cleveland than Turner.

That would make this much more problematic from Portland's end though.

Return to Trades and Transactions