General Concepts That Work...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

General Concepts That Work... 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sat Sep 9, 2017 2:33 am

I think a way to find more agreeable trades is less specific more general concepts. Without listing the specifics of a trade, give a logical concept in this thread. The specifics are for GM's that get paid a lot more than us to determine, but what are some ideas you think will happen this season?

Just mention the teams involved and the general idea...

Some of my ideas:

Dwyane Wade to the Lakers for 2018 cap relief

Carmelo Anthony expands his list and gets traded to Thunder

The Bucks are close enough in the East to trade young pieces for DeAndre Jordan
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Re: General Concepts That Work... 

Post#2 » by Mykhyn » Sat Sep 9, 2017 2:41 am

I'd be surprised if Melo accepted Thunder. I don't see what they'd trade to make it worth while for Knicks even if he did.

Dwade + Pondexter for Deng + Randle + Clarkson is always on the table I suspect

I don't think Deandre Jordan makes sense for the Bucks. They might as well get Marc Gasol if they're going to pay up for a defensive center. At least he can stretch the floor and help pass.
NYG
RealGM

Post#3 » by NYG » Sat Sep 9, 2017 2:47 am

Cklbmk wrote:I'd be surprised if Melo accepted Thunder. I don't see what they'd trade to make it worth while for Knicks even if he did.

I don't think Deandre Jordan makes sense for the Bucks. They might as well get Marc Gasol if they're going to pay up for a defensive center. At least he can stretch the floor and help pass.

What do you think are some good ones?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#4 » by brackdan70 » Sat Sep 9, 2017 2:51 am

team x trades player 1 to team y for player 2, player 3 and a lightly protected first draft pick.

ran it through the trade checker...it works.
Sign here
NYG
RealGM

Post#5 » by NYG » Sat Sep 9, 2017 2:52 am

brackdan70 wrote:team x trades player 1 to team y for player 2, player 3 and a lightly protected first draft pick.

What ideas do you think applies to the Celtics?
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#6 » by basketbob » Sat Sep 9, 2017 5:37 pm

brackdan70 wrote:team x trades player 1 to team y for player 2, player 3 and a lightly protected first draft pick.

The value seems about right, but I'm not seeing the fit. You obviously don't ever watch Team x.
More free is better
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#7 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Sep 9, 2017 7:13 pm

NYG wrote:

What ideas do you think applies to the Celtics?

Julius Randle for a future first? Celtics add rebounding and passing, Lakers add a more liquid asset they can use for future salary dumps?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Sep 9, 2017 7:33 pm

basketbob wrote:

The value seems about right, but I'm not seeing the fit. You obviously don't ever watch Team x.

plus player 2 was the best free agent team y ever signed so they can never possibly trade him because then no free agents will ever, and I mean ever, sign with them again....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#9 » by Mystical Apples » Sat Sep 9, 2017 7:47 pm

Patient 2nd tier EC teams picking up talent on the relative cheap in an over-supplied trade market. Could be from discouraged WC teams, WC teams with fit issues from their newly acquired FA's, teams clearing cap space for 2018, or tanking teams in both conferences.

Milwaukee, Charlotte, and Miami already have solid talent bases and could make serious noise with 1 or 2 nice moves.
geometry
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,888

Post#10 » by Sofia » Sat Sep 9, 2017 10:03 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
basketbob wrote:

plus player 2 was the best free agent team y ever signed so they can never possibly trade him because then no free agents will ever, and I mean ever, sign with them again....

Ugh, typical team Y fan base always over rating their players. Team Y's GM is an idiot, the coach is the worst in the league, their commentators are homers, and quite frankly their court design is garish and not at all pleasant to look at. Team Y should be moved to Seattle.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,888

Post#11 » by Sofia » Sat Sep 9, 2017 10:06 pm

To counter the Bucks/DJ concept, Clippers are not in a space in which they would be looking to acquire "young talent" for DJ. They are still looking to compete.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,490

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Sat Sep 9, 2017 10:21 pm

Sofia wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
basketbob wrote:

Ugh, typical team Y fan base always over rating their players. Team Y's GM is an idiot, the coach is the worst in the league, their commentators are homers, and quite frankly their court design is garish and not at all pleasant to look at. Team Y should be moved to Seattle.

Please don't generalize or attack fan bases like this. Content not the poster..

But I don't like it because Team Y can't send out a pick with light protection at this point. Make it lotto protected at least.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#13 » by KuruptedCav » Sat Sep 9, 2017 10:31 pm

Maybe ship player 3 to team z for a 2nd can $ savings? Team x doesn't need him and it fills Delta need for Team z.

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#14 » by HornetJail » Sat Sep 9, 2017 11:55 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:

Maybe ship player 3 to team z for a 2nd can $ savings? Team x doesn't need him and it fills Delta need for Team z.

bro we already have player 4 for Delta need. gawwwd player 4 is slept on so hard by this forum
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#15 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:00 am

This thread is awesome^^
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#16 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:04 am

NYG wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:I'd be surprised if Melo accepted Thunder. I don't see what they'd trade to make it worth while for Knicks even if he did.

What do you think are some good ones?

I will say that I see no way for the Bulls to entertain any offer where they take Deng unless some golden prospect is attached...

The concept of moving a capable bench player on a team friendly deal for an EC and minimal pick is an oldie but goodie.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
NYG
RealGM

Post#17 » by NYG » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:46 pm

What about Atlanta sending Ilyasova and Belinelli for a lesser talented expiring contract plus incentive?
NYG
RealGM

Post#18 » by NYG » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Mystical Apples wrote:Patient 2nd tier EC teams picking up talent on the relative cheap in an over-supplied trade market. Could be from discouraged WC teams, WC teams with fit issues from their newly acquired FA's, teams clearing cap space for 2018, or tanking teams in both conferences.

Milwaukee, Charlotte, and Miami already have solid talent bases and could make serious noise with 1 or 2 nice moves.

I could see the Heat going all in on some one, but don't see which star is available.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#19 » by melo mvp 15 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Milwaukee seems like they could be some clever move away from really fighting for a top 3-4 seed in the East. Washington and Charlotte too, I just don't think they have the trade pieces to get it done. I don't even know if these teams need to trade for a star.

Milwaukee could use a major upgrade at C and probably has the pieces to nab either Gasol or Jordan if they become available (or Noel?), but we'll see how the season progresses. Washington really just needs health more than another piece IMO. Charlotte could use some spacing, but they might have that in Monk.

I wonder if Minnesota and Milwaukee would talk about Dieng deal. I think a Dellavedova + filler and sweetener for Dieng could work. I think Thibs could probably get a lot more out of Delly than any other coach, he could turn him into his Kirk Hinrich 2.0
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#20 » by melo mvp 15 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:32 pm

I don't know if LAL will get desperate enough for capspace that they do a move like Deng + 2 of their top 4 assets for an expiring.... especially if they want to tank (and Wade hurts the tank), but I don't think they do anymore. I think that's definitely a move they can wait to do. If I was LA I'd try to make Lopez look like an asset so a contender will trade something decent for him at the deadline.

Return to Trades and Transactions