General Concepts That Work...

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: General Concepts That Work... 

Post#21 » by Mr. E » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 am

I think that Melo realizing that a trade will not happen is more likely than Melo expanding his list of teams he'll waive the NTC beyond Houston.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,380

General Concepts That Work... 

Post#22 » by jayjaysee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:01 am

So, I can't find the trade idea thread.. So without that..

What about an unrealistic sign and trade Niko for Asik and a 2018 top 8 protected first? Niko agree to a deal anywhere between 10 and 14 mil?

Or Dougie and Singler to NO, Alexis and a 2nd to Dallas, and Harris to OKC? OKC saves money, NO gets shooter(s) and Dallas gets a 2nd?

Or just Alexis and two 2nds to Brooklyn for Joe Harris?

Or Atlanta? Marco for Alexis and two 2nds?

Shrug.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#23 » by ChettheJet » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:06 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
I will say that I see no way for the Bulls to entertain any offer where they take Deng unless some golden prospect is attached...

The concept of moving a capable bench player on a team friendly deal for an EC and minimal pick is an oldie but goodie.

Or the Bulls trade Robin Lopez for a couple of wing players with contracts as long as his that add up to more money than his so they can get a second round pick. This of course includes the projected Bulls lineup that starts the bruising 210 pound Markkanen at the 5.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#24 » by pelifan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 pm

jayjaysee wrote:So, I can't find the trade idea thread.. So without that..

What about an unrealistic sign and trade Niko for Asik and a 2018 top 8 protected first? Niko agree to a deal anywhere between 10 and 14 mil?

Or Dougie and Singler to NO, Alexis and a 2nd to Dallas, and Harris to OKC? OKC saves money, NO gets shooter(s) and Dallas gets a 2nd?

Shrug.

Wouldnt have made a new thread if i saw this

Shrug.

but youre moving the hole of shooting to a hole at center. Id be for a lot of these still though, but NO also cant take on more money in any deal
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,380

Post#25 » by jayjaysee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 pm

pelifan wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:So, I can't find the trade idea thread.. So without that..

Shrug.

Wouldnt have made a new thread if i saw this

Shrug.

but youre moving the hole of shooting to a hole at center. Id be for a lot of these still though, but NO also cant take on more money in any deal

Yeah all of these suggestions were using the idea that Asik can cover any center minutes left behind DMC/Davis.. After reading that thread and learning Asik probably can't.. I don't know if it changes my opinion or not.. Probably not cause I kind of like the Joe Harris and Marco ideas.. And the OKC ideas using Singlers more negative value vs Alexis to get Dougie cheap.. Just random.

Your idea with Asik, a first and CD for Singler and Dougie seems doable.. Just dump Asik on Chicago (or Dallas, Atlanta)

Harris for Asik, a first, and a 2nd
Singler and Dougie for Harris
Asik, a first, and a 2nd for Singler and Dougie

Something like that? I'd want (a lot) less protection than you suggested but understand never going unprotected

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#26 » by basketbob » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:33 am

never going unprotected.

Talk about your general concepts that work
:lol:
More free is better

Return to Trades and Transactions