Spurs-Cavs-Blazers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who says no?

Spurs
6%
Cavs
15%
Blazers
52%
No one
9%
Multiple Teams
18%

Total votes: 33

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Spurs-Cavs-Blazers 

Post#1 » by Mykhyn » Sat Sep 9, 2017 7:48 pm

Spurs out: Aldridge + Kyle Anderson + Forbes
Spurs in: Shumpert + Frye + BKN pick

Cavs out: Love + Shumpert + Frye + Jefferson + BKN pick
Cavs in: McCollum + Aldridge + Aminu + Forbes

Blazers out: McCollum + Aminu
Blazers in: Love + Kyle Anderson + Jefferson

Spurs do it for the pick. Shumperts contract is just cost of doing business. Frye could be waived and Lee resigned.

Cavs get 2 stars that are playable against the Warriors and Aminu to help defend. Forbes is a great floor spacer for spot minutes if needed.
IT/Drose
CJ/JR smith/Korver
Lebron/Crowder/Aminu
Aldridge/Crowder/Aminu/Lebron
TT/Aldridge/Zizic

Great offense, great defense, great spacing

Blazers get a better fit on a good long term contract and get under the tax. Anderson gives them an additional playmaker who can defend the 2-4

Who says no?
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Re: Spurs-Cavs-Blazers 

Post#2 » by Soulyss » Sat Sep 9, 2017 7:52 pm

Blazers say no... They aren't trading CJ for Love... The Blazers are already short for depth at the SG and just drafted two PF/C types. I would just cut Portland out, Keep Love, and play LMA at Center for the Cavs
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#3 » by Mystical Apples » Sat Sep 9, 2017 8:03 pm

Spurs get cut here. A Love-McCollum framework is just easier and cheaper for Cleveland if done directly.
geometry
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#4 » by Rockazoids » Sat Sep 9, 2017 8:52 pm

A back court of IT & CJ would get abused nightly.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#5 » by bigmean » Sat Sep 9, 2017 8:56 pm

if you cut out frye and forbes in the deal , and send aminu to spurs I thinks its a deal for me,

I kinda like this as well

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybt37kkl

Spurs gets Brooklyn pick JR Smith, Al aminu

Portland gets Kevin Love Richard Jefferson Kyle Anderson

Cleveland gets Cj Mccollum, Lamarcus aldridge

Spurs play alot of small ball with Leonard playing the four
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#6 » by lakerhater » Sat Sep 9, 2017 9:05 pm

As a GSW fan I endorse this deal for the Cavs as they end up with a backcourt that simply cannot defend Curry/Thompson and LMA who can't keep up with the W's pace.

I can't see PDX doing this deal anyway as Love does nothing to make them a contender vs GSW. PDX would want the BKN pick if they were to deal CJ to Cleveland.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Post#7 » by DowJones » Sat Sep 9, 2017 9:45 pm

bigmean wrote:if you cut out frye and forbes in the deal , and send aminu to spurs I thinks its a deal for me,

Thst would be amazing for San Antonio. Obviously Cleveland doesn't consider this.
bigmean
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by bigmean » Sat Sep 9, 2017 10:18 pm

I dis agree to gets two all star starters is hard to question

end of games

Isiah Thomas, Cj Mccollum, Jae crowder, Lebron james lamarcus aldridge, with thompson on the bench
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#9 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:21 am

Cklbmk wrote:Spurs out: Aldridge + Kyle Anderson + Forbes

Spurs do it for the pick. Shumperts contract is just cost of doing business. Frye could be waived and Lee resigned.

Cavs get 2 stars that are playable against the Warriors and Aminu to help defend. Forbes is a great floor spacer for spot minutes if needed.
IT/Drose
CJ/JR smith/Korver
Lebron/Crowder/Aminu
TT/Aldridge/Zizic

Blazers get a better fit on a good long term contract and get under the tax. Anderson gives them an additional playmaker who can defend the 2-4

Who says no?

Long story short: EC Alderidge and Kyle Anderson does not bring home a potential #1 pick.

The pick goes to POR, with Shump and Frye. Love goes to SAS, Kyle Anderson can stay home. Jefferson also comes to the Spurs.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,470

Post#10 » by Chinook » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:13 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:

IT/Drose
CJ/JR smith/Korver
Lebron/Crowder/Aminu
TT/Aldridge/Zizic

Who says no?

Long story short: EC Alderidge and Kyle Anderson does not bring home a potential #1 pick.

The pick goes to POR, with Shump and Frye. Love goes to SAS, Kyle Anderson can stay home. Jefferson also comes to the Spurs.

I'd rather keep LMA over Love, but I could understand the desire for more of a long-term play on PATFO's part. The value is good from SA's perspective, though functionally I'm not sure that it makes sense. LMA will almost certainly be the five for huge chunks this year. He can do that defensively better than Love. The big advantage for Love besides contract is that his game is more friendly to the previous version of Spurs ball than LMA's is.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#11 » by mademan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:37 am

Aldridge doesnt have this kind of value. And Portland would rather have the BKN pick than Love and Cavs would rather have Love than LMA; so i'm sure the Spurs get cut out right away.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 am

mademan wrote:Aldridge doesnt have this kind of value. And Portland would rather have the BKN pick than Love and Cavs would rather have Love than LMA; so i'm sure the Spurs get cut out right away.

Without a doubt. Spurs have pieces that IF they continue to improve on a Leonard like trajectory, you could talk yourselves into. But LMA isn't one of them. I think the Spurs could fall of a cliff this year.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,935

Post#13 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:38 am

Aldridge does not net you the BK 1st. And McCollum isn't really a desirable fit for the Cavs, especially if they're sending Shumpert out.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#14 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Chinook wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

IT/Drose
CJ/JR smith/Korver
Lebron/Crowder/Aminu
TT/Aldridge/Zizic

Who says no?

I'd rather keep LMA over Love, but I could understand the desire for more of a long-term play on PATFO's part. The value is good from SA's perspective, though functionally I'm not sure that it makes sense. LMA will almost certainly be the five for huge chunks this year. He can do that defensively better than Love. The big advantage for Love besides contract is that his game is more friendly to the previous version of Spurs ball than LMA's is.

IMO contract and fit are the two reasons that I feel that LMA for Love should happen. Love and Pau would obviously be on the weaker side defensively, but contracts like Love's and Melo's are actually bargains now (since all-stars can make upwards of 30M). As a "core" how to Love and Kawhi fit together you think?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,425

Post#15 » by Myth » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:07 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Chinook wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

IMO contract and fit are the two reasons that I feel that LMA for Love should happen. Love and Pau would obviously be on the weaker side defensively, but contracts like Love's and Melo's are actually bargains now (since all-stars can make upwards of 30M). As a "core" how to Love and Kawhi fit together you think?

I don't know about "bargains." They are still taking up a huge percentage of the cap for mildly moving the needle. At best, Love is mildly underpaid, while Melo is mildly overpaid.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:51 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Chinook wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

The fit is awful for Cleveland. LBJ likes the lane open and a TT/Love front court works really well against every team in the NBA save one. LMA needs to report to camp in the best shape of his career in order for him to rehabilitate his trade value. An athletic LMA might work in a high PNR/small-ball league. The current version does not.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,816

Post#17 » by Fitz303 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Cavs and Blazers say no. Fit is bad for the Cavs and the value is bad for the Blazers.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#18 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 pm

SAs gets so much extra value here that I'm concerned far more with that than with making the fits work elsewhere.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,833

Post#19 » by Domejandro » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:38 pm

bigmean wrote:if you cut out frye and forbes in the deal , and send aminu to spurs I thinks its a deal for me,

No way, the Spurs are already eating value in the trade.
bigmean
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by bigmean » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm

i think it tremendous deal for spurs aminu/bertans is very good compliant tandem powerforward. leonard could also stay at small forward.If anyone get reform smith it's us coach pops

Return to Trades and Transactions