Gobert to bos w/mil

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

fluffhead
Junior
And1: 33

Gobert to bos w/mil 

Post#1 » by fluffhead » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Bost: horford, Tatum for
Gobert, j.johnson
(Get the best defensive 5 in the game, Johnson expiring who can be instant offense off the bench)

Mi: Parker, Monroe for
Horford
(Get an all star big)

Uta: gobert, johnson for
Parker, Tatum, Monroe
(A Tatum Parker favors front court could be real good, Monroe expiring)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,770

Re: Gobert to bos w/mil 

Post#2 » by Karate Diop » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Given Parker's injury concerns and how unproven Tatum is Utah would be CRAZY to give up Gobert.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#3 » by stitches » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 pm

So Boston clears a bad contract AND gets Gobert for just Tatum? I guess Danny has really managed to convince people Tatum is the next big thing...

Nah. But thanks for asking. *hangs up*blocks number*
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#4 » by Prez » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Don't really need or want Horford that badly on his current deal.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#5 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Gross. Bucks give up a young prospect and an expiring for 3 years of luxury tax hell. No thanks.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 pm

This can't possibly be enough to land Boston Rudy Gobert. We are talking about the best rim protector in the league and arguably its best overall defensive player. And he's young and he's locked up.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#7 » by Cappy_Smurf » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:45 pm

I really want to make an insulting counter offer, but then I'll just have to listen to Chuck lecture.

So I guess I'll just say **** no and **** Boston while we're at it.

<yes, I'm still salty over Haywood>
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#8 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Pretty awful return for Utah. Landing Gobert costs you the best assets on your team, period, not an injured player (who hopefully comes back and is effective, but might not), and a prospect with no NBA track record and major questions around his game (especially since the guy we drafted at 10 looked just as good, if not better in summer league). Furthermore, there is no way we would trade our best player to Boston after our other best player just signed there. Fans would be livid, and rightly so (especially at this price).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#9 » by AingesBurner » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Hmm yeah so probably not and Boston doesn't really have the assets for Utah to send them a top 15 player, so thanks but no thanks.
Ingles is cooked.
Jaw
Bench Warmer
And1: 466

Post#10 » by Jaw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Don't think Gobert will be in trade talks until Utah is able to see what they have, Hayward's departure opens up a vacuum where guys will have the ability to elevate their game and could keep Utah a playoff team. Considering Gobert is only 25, signed for the next 4 years at 94 mill (for comparison Horford will get 86 mill over the next 3 years and is trending in the opposite direction of Gobert at 31) I think this return is definitely on the light side considering Parker's injury and contract situation and that he and Tatum would likely be very redundant. I think its easy to discount Gobert's value since he doesn't do much beside dunks and layups but he is elite at that with a field goal % that was second only to Deandre Jordan last year. Also, he is a force on the defensive end that can singly handily change a team on that end which more than makes up for his modest scoring average.

If I'm the Bucks I don't think I'm even interested in Horford for Parker and Monroe. Value-wise it isn't that bad especially since Parker will likely command 20+ mill next year and Monroe a decent amount himself but Horford doesn't really match the team's timeline and they have a real chance to takeover the East if Lebron leaves with Giannis leading the charge and the rest of their team relatively young.

I don't think its worth the Celtics paying the price it would likely take to get Gobert. They should have faith that Horford ages well and that the Lakers pick could net them a decent pick where they can get a big to be his heir. And hope Tatum can grow his game to become more than the offensive force he already possesses most of the tools to be (needs to work on 3pt shot).
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Post#11 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Maybe try to get DeAndre Jordan instead and leave Utah out of it?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#12 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Jayson Tatum's value has reached an all new level.

Next week there would be trades centered around him for Kevin Durant and people trying to justify it.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#13 » by Mystical Apples » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Milwaukee's obligatory role of contributing extra value isn't exactly well disguised here, not even a little. Their in/out only involves Boston.
geometry
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:I really want to make an insulting counter offer, but then I'll just have to listen to Chuck lecture.

So I guess I'll just say **** no and **** Boston while we're at it.

<yes, I'm still salty over Haywood>

Sigh.... I don't like "lecturing" posters any more than you like hearing it. So don't say blank Boston and make me have to remind you that's unnecessary when replying to ideas--even ones you really don't like.

Thanks

Chuck (bad cop)
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Djh7475
Pro Prospect
And1: 422

Post#15 » by Djh7475 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:37 pm

Both teams say no. The Celtics value Tatum as the #1 overall pick (regardless of what Utah thinks), so the minor upgrade from Horford to Gobert wouldn't be worth it. I get that Gobert is better defensively and grabs a lot more boards, but he's never going to make the type of offensive impact Horford does. He clogs the lane, slows down the offense, and ensures the opposing rim protectors will always be around the paint.

I also question how effective Gobert would be going up against a Warriors death squad that takes him away from the rack defensively. If he's not protecting the rim, he doesn't provide much value at all. I actually prefer Horford to Gobert (short term) if the Celtics' only goal is to win a title since he is more mobile defensively and keeps the lane clear and creates for others offensively. On the other hand, neither Horford or Tatum are great fits in Utah. Utah already employs Hood, JJ, Ingles, and Favors as wings/combo forwards, and Horford doesn't fit into what should be a long term timeline in Utah.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#16 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 pm

GobertReport wrote:Hmm yeah so probably not and Boston doesn't really have the assets for Utah to send them a top 15 player, so thanks but no thanks.

Gobert isn't a top 15 player, you can't be a top player in the league without being able to be at least a first or second option on offense. He's an elite defensive center. Also if any team has the assets to get a deal done it's Boston.
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#17 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Jayson Tatum's value has reached an all new level.

Next week there would be trades centered around him for Kevin Durant and people trying to justify it.

Because one poster made a trade suggestion? What other trade suggestions has Tatum been a part of?
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#18 » by Luigi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 pm

I think I am one of the few Jazzfans willing to move Gobert.

You gotta make a stronger offer than that. A couple lotto picks on top of that? Or else get a stronger centerpiece in the return. I like the youth, but we can't afford to trade a tier one player for a couple of lower tier assets. We need to keep things somewhat consolidated at the high end talent if we make the move. We probably don't clear bad contracts without some very sweet additives.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#19 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Hmm yeah so probably not and Boston doesn't really have the assets for Utah to send them a top 15 player, so thanks but no thanks.

Gobert isn't a top 15 player, you can't be a top player in the league without being able to be at least a first or second option on offense. He's an elite defensive center. Also if any team has the assets to get a deal done it's Boston.

Post all-star break Rudy looked like a pretty legit second option (17ppg in 24 games). I don't see why he can't do that in a full season, he's a lot more capable offensive player than he gets credit for. He certainly is in the debate as being a top 15 player. The most impactful post defender in the league, the only defensive player that is really his peer in terms of impact is Draymond. Offensively he is also hyper-efficient. I'm expecting around 16ppg next season on elite percentages again. I wouldn't make a trade of Rudy to Boston for any package that didn't include Kyrie, and Boston would have to add more to that package. I also think that other teams have better packages they could put together if we were dumb enough to trade him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#20 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:57 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Pretty awful return for Utah. Landing Gobert costs you the best assets on your team, period, not an injured player (who hopefully comes back and is effective, but might not), and a prospect with no NBA track record and major questions around his game (especially since the guy we drafted at 10 looked just as good, if not better in summer league). Furthermore, there is no way we would trade our best player to Boston after our other best player just signed there. Fans would be livid, and rightly so (especially at this price).

You mean the same player that couldn't even shoot 40% in summerleague? These summerleague overreactions are getting ridiculous(especially by espn). People do realize there's a big difference between a one and done 18/19 year old and guys like Mitchell and Kuzma who've spent two or threes years at school, playing good in the summer league doesn't equate to success in the regular season, nor does it put you on the same level as a top three pick.

Return to Trades and Transactions