Total votes: 39

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Re: Giannis and Porzingis 

Post#41 » by mademan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Swoosh_Stripes wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Parker is coming back from injury, and oh by the way, the teams 2 best players play his positions SF & PF (in this hypothetical). Bucks would be playing him off the bench to showcase him (recovered) for trade before deadline, use his non extended rookie contract, to get themselves more wing help. Even with Parker (injury), team would showcase bunch of new players gelling, with 2 best players being 22/23 -- not sure there ever has been a sure-thing-juggernaut with all of those variables.

Again, unless Love is available from Cavs (to go along with Nets 1st), Bucks can't be cut out. If Nets 1st+Wilson+Zizic+Bucks 1st isn't enough, I get that back and forth discussion -- but I think that value for Porzingis is spot on or real damn close.

The Bucks are retaining 4 out of their 5 starters and KP, Giannis and Parker (if healthy) can all play together with KP playing C, that's not a team that's picking in the teens. Wilson and a late first is not significant enough to prevent the Cavs from making up for it, Cedi Osman and/or Jae Crowder more than makes up for Wilson and a late 1st.

Than we will disagree.

Nets 1st + Zizic + Wilson + Bucks 1st > Nets 1st + Zizic + Osman + Crowder for Knicks (rebuilding team). If Cavs can get equal 1st round draft picks from a third team, that is more of a discussion to be had -- and margin is real close their.

Youre either trolling or you have the highest opinion of a guy I didnt even know existed before this thread started
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#42 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:15 am

mademan wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Swoosh_Stripes wrote:
The Bucks are retaining 4 out of their 5 starters and KP, Giannis and Parker (if healthy) can all play together with KP playing C, that's not a team that's picking in the teens. Wilson and a late first is not significant enough to prevent the Cavs from making up for it, Cedi Osman and/or Jae Crowder more than makes up for Wilson and a late 1st.

Than we will disagree.

Nets 1st + Zizic + Wilson + Bucks 1st > Nets 1st + Zizic + Osman + Crowder for Knicks (rebuilding team). If Cavs can get equal 1st round draft picks from a third team, that is more of a discussion to be had -- and margin is real close their.

Youre either trolling or you have the highest opinion of a guy I didnt even know existed before this thread started

Trolling -- more fake news from you?

Crowder is worth around a mid level 1st. Osman, maybe a mid level 1st too. But for a rebuilding team, both the recent 2017 1st and 2018 1st (limited or unprotected) has more value no doubt.
mademan
RealGM

Post#43 » by mademan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:17 am

I'm done with this convo. Make a poll if you want. NOBDODY will say they would rather have Wilson+1st instead of Crowder. Even if you are a rebuilding team, Crowder has better resale value than that package.
Swoosh_Stripes
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#44 » by Swoosh_Stripes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:19 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
mademan wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Than we will disagree.

Crowder is worth around a mid level 1st. Osman, maybe a mid level 1st too. But for a rebuilding team, both the recent 2017 1st and 2018 1st (limited or unprotected) has more value no doubt.

The 2018 pick from Milwaukee would be a late round first and Wilson is not the commodity you're making him out to be. Draft picks are like new cars once you use them they lose a lot of their value, but at the end of the day the Cavs aren't trading their best trade asset to see another team land the player they want with that asset.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#45 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 am

mademan wrote:I'm done with this convo. Make a poll if you want. NOBDODY will say they would rather have Wilson+1st instead of Crowder. Even if you are a rebuilding team, Crowder has better resale value than that package.

No need for a poll, when someone says NOBODY they are agenda driven. Plus I already know Crowder doesn't carry that value.
mademan
RealGM

Post#46 » by mademan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:08 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
mademan wrote:I'm done with this convo. Make a poll if you want. NOBDODY will say they would rather have Wilson+1st instead of Crowder. Even if you are a rebuilding team, Crowder has better resale value than that package.

No need for a poll, when someone says NOBODY they are agenda driven. Plus I already know Crowder doesn't carry that value.

Dont worry. I'll do it for you
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#47 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm

mademan wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Dont worry. I'll do it for you

Actually you are doing it for yourself. I know the outcome, and since I begged you to -- have at it hoss.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#48 » by Patsfan1081 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:51 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
mademan wrote:

You're really undervaluing Crowder, he has more value than a pick in the mid teens. Some decent play from Osman vs non NBA talent doesn't equate to equal value also. This is all a moot point anyways, if this type of package could land Porzingis he'd be in Boston already. All these trade scenarios with the Nets pick were already shot down when Boston had the pick, it doesn't rise in value just because Cleveland now owns it.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#49 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
mademan wrote:

You're really undervaluing Crowder, he has more value than a pick in the mid teens. Some decent play from Osman vs non NBA talent doesn't equate to equal value also. This is all a moot point anyways, if this type of package could land Porzingis he'd be in Boston already. All these trade scenarios with the Nets pick were already shot down when Boston had the pick, it doesn't rise in value just because Cleveland now owns it.

That is a good point about Nets 1st. I have said same thing in other threads -- RGM over values Nets 1st, on the street not as much true value.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#50 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Seems you're off on your thinking. Already have 3 NOBODYs voting for Wilson+1st. And as Poll continues, I am sure the outcome will still favor fact Crowder is not worth what you think.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#51 » by magnumt » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 am

DeathLineup wrote:Noah, Thomas and Porzingis for Middleton, Henson, Parker, Brogdon, 2018 1st round pick and 2018 2nd round pick
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6946605

Milwaukee get Porzingis and Giannis.
New York use Porzingis to dump contracts meawhile getting nice return.

That's not a nice return for Porzingis. NY doesn't need to 100% dump salary right now (they're not looking at top FAs and visa versa).

The nice thing about Porzingis besides his still Rookie deal, is that he DOESN'T have a NTC. So, NY can deal him to ANY of the 29 teams for the best offer/package it'll receive.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#52 » by Dn4sty » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:18 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
mademan wrote:

You guys can disagree, but the "fake news" comments seems pretty condescending not to mention strange.

I'd guess you can just agree to disagree without stuff like that.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#53 » by lakerhater » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:20 am

I just can't see NYK dealing Kristaps and baggage for injury prone players and a bunch of average assets.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#54 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
mademan wrote:

You guys can disagree, but the "fake news" comments seems pretty condescending not to mention strange.

I'd guess you can just agree to disagree without stuff like that.

No fake news is perfect. Fake news means someone takes what is actually said, turns around and says "you said this," which is their agenda driven version -- a fake and false version (as compared to actual version). And since I was being quoted wrong multiple times, it wasn't just a disagreement. It was a false representation of what I said and my view points. What you quoted above was about the 2nd or 3rd occurrence and shouldn't be taken out of context.

Return to Trades and Transactions