Avery Bradley to CLE

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,673

Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#41 » by penbeast0 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:12 am

If we are talking about per minute production (the Osman comment), then the best player in the deal is of course Boban Marjanovich who led the NBA in Win Shares/48 in 2016 (players with more than 200 or for that matter 20 minutes . . . yes better than Curry's all time great season) then did it again in 2017. Detroit just has to deal Drummond and give the man 2500 minutes and presto, instant superstar!
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#42 » by Pharaoh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:38 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
You're ignoring the premise I laid out for the offer.

Your premise was:

IF the Pistons are not in the playoff race this coming season & it appears AB won't stay then SVG will flip him for assets.

I don't disagree with the possibility. I disagree with the offer!

Frye is cap filler - expiring just like AB.

The "incentive" offered by you is a protected CLE first.

In that specific situation & the auction is going on do you honestly believe that's the best DET could get?

I think Ibaka went for a very late first & Ross under those exact circumstances. That was less than six months after being traded for two players selected in the lottery.

Frye is not Ross though.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#43 » by jbk1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:42 am

Pharaoh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Your premise was:

IF the Pistons are not in the playoff race this coming season & it appears AB won't stay then SVG will flip him for assets.

I don't disagree with the possibility. I disagree with the offer!

Frye is cap filler - expiring just like AB.

The "incentive" offered by you is a protected CLE first.

In that specific situation & the auction is going on do you honestly believe that's the best DET could get?

I think Ibaka went for a very late first & Ross under those exact circumstances. That was less than six months after being traded for two players selected in the lottery.

Frye is not Ross though.

Yeah, the Magic have to continue to pay him after this season. Again, if you're high on Ross, you'll view it differently. I don't think he's worth the contract he's on.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#44 » by Pharaoh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:24 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Frye is not Ross though.

Yeah, the Magic have to continue to pay him after this season. Again, if you're high on Ross, you'll view it differently. I don't think he's worth the contract he's on.

Fairly young guy locked in to a fairly reasonable deal

Vs

Expiring vet

For Detroit the choice would be obvious after moving from KCP to AB under those circumstances

On one hand CLE fans are pushing for AB in numerous trade proposals

On the other some CLE fans believe AB can be had for next to nothing

Which is it?

Either he's a coveted piece or he's not

Return to Trades and Transactions