Avery Bradley to CLE

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Snakebites wrote:I know we aren't a good team but that doesn't mean we're going to accept a terrible deal like this.

Poor trade even if I'm sure Bradley is walking.

The Cavs package is good, too good for a 1/2 season rental IMO, but the Clippers just swoop in and take all the value.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#22 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Bakuto wrote:
blazeyo wrote:CEdi Osman by himself is going to be better than Avery by his 2nd year, you heard it here first.

Any reason as to why you think this aside from being a Cleveland fan?

There are no reasons, he hasn't been impressive in his regular season games with Anadulo. He made a few recent athletic plays and people are overating him because that's the only ball being currently being played. It's a bit strange that at three years younger Zizic has looked a lot better overseas but desnt get talked about one bit. If Osman played in this years summer league no one would be talking about him. Little to no chance he's better than Bradley, who was the best highschool player in his class.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#23 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:06 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I know we aren't a good team but that doesn't mean we're going to accept a terrible deal like this.

The Cavs package is good, too good for a 1/2 season rental IMO, but the Clippers just swoop in and take all the value.

So what amounts to prob the 30th pick in next years draft, a second round euro stash, a second round pick, and shumpert is an overpay? I disagree strongly, Bradley would be a pretty good upgrade over shumpert in what could be Clevelands last big run at a title if Lebron leaves. Also if Lebron leaves resigning Bradley could be an option as he's still young. Either way even if Bradley is a rental the price for a player his caliber isn't cheap based off past moves.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#24 » by Pharaoh » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Bradley will be too expensive right now. If he's available at the deadline it will be because things aren't working out in Detroit, they don't expect to retain him, and you can get him with a protected pick & an expiring Frye. Also, if you're trading for him, you might as well put IT or Rose in the out box.

Why would the Pistons trade ABs expiring deal for a protected pick from Cleveland and Frye's expiring?

That would be the absolute rock bottom price tag and if AB is available at the deadline I'd imagine the Pistons could get a better deal elsewhere
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

So what amounts to prob the 30th pick in next years draft, a second round euro stash, a second round pick, and shumpert is an overpay? I disagree strongly, Bradley would be a pretty good upgrade over shumpert in what could be Clevelands last big run at a title if Lebron leaves. Also if Lebron leaves resigning Bradley could be an option as he's still young. Either way even if Bradley is a rental the price for a player his caliber isn't cheap based off past moves.

For a half-season rental of a role player? A good role player but a role player none the less. Ibaka went for Ross & a very late 1st last year. Unless you're a huge believer in Ross, and I'm not, the Cavs offer is better.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Bradley will be too expensive right now. If he's available at the deadline it will be because things aren't working out in Detroit, they don't expect to retain him, and you can get him with a protected pick & an expiring Frye. Also, if you're trading for him, you might as well put IT or Rose in the out box.

Why would the Pistons trade ABs expiring deal for a protected pick from Cleveland and Frye's expiring?

That would be the absolute rock bottom price tag and if AB is available at the deadline I'd imagine the Pistons could get a better deal elsewhere

Yeah I'd be surprised. Morris was the best the Celtics could get for him with an entire year left on his contract.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Un4given
Junior
And1: 483

Post#27 » by Un4given » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Based on OPs assumption (that Bradley is just rental for the Detroit) which I'm not actually buying tbh, I can see proposed Cleveland offer easily being outbid by few teams if it comes down to a bidwar near the DL.

Maybe I'm higher on him than the most, but getting AB relatively cheap for half a season rent would be a nice step towards the Warriors for most teams who are considered having at least an outside chance of making WCF or Finals. Cavs are obviously one of those, but he would make much sense for SAS, OKC, Bucks, TWolves too just to name a few.

Personally, I would like to see him in OKC, easily propelling them to clear #2 in the West. Also, having Russ/AB/PG/Robes at the floor on the same time could work nicely against GSW Death Lineup.

For instance, Ferguson, CHI second + Johnson/Huestis/Grant + Singler (filler) straight up for AB sounds as a better return for Detroit than combo proposed in OP.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Un4given wrote:Based on OPs assumption (that Bradley is just rental for the Detroit) which I'm not actually buying tbh, I can see proposed Cleveland offer easily being outbid by few teams if it comes down to a bidwar near the DL.

Maybe I'm higher on him than the most, but getting AB relatively cheap for half a season rent would be a nice step towards the Warriors for most teams who are considered having at least an outside chance of making WCF or Finals. Cavs are obviously one of those, but he would make much sense for SAS, OKC, Bucks, TWolves too just to name a few.

Personally, I would like to see him in OKC, easily propelling them to clear #2 in the West. Also, having Russ/AB/PG/Robes at the floor on the same time could work nicely against GSW Death Lineup.

For instance, Ferguson, CHI second + Singler (filler) straight up for AB sounds as a better return for Detroit than combo proposed in OP.

I let Pistons fan weigh in on whether the offer is better than the Cavs offer but it really comes down to Ferguson because it will cost you the Chicago 2nd just to dump Singler's contract.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#29 » by Baller1234a » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:00 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Yeah I'd be surprised. Morris was the best the Celtics could get for him with an entire year left on his contract.

And Morris is a solid starter getting paid 5 mill for the next 2 years so I would say AB would fetch some solid pieces
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by jbk1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:07 am

Baller1234a wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

And Morris is a solid starter getting paid 5 mill for the next 2 years so I would say AB would fetch some solid pieces

Mok's a good player off the bench. But he's barely a replacement-level starter IMO. He's well-rounded in that he doesn't have any glaring flaws, but he's not really *good* at any particular skill.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#31 » by A_dub06 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:08 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

The situations are entirely different, Boston had to move AB to make room for the Hayward signing. They were forced into trading him and the pressure was league wide known which strangled the value they would get back. Detroits offer not only got them the space they required but also a very serviceable player in Morris who's on a $5m a year contract for the next couple of seasons.

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if Lebron leaves, the Cavs are still over the cap aren't they? We will have the cap space and SVG has already stated the desire to resign AB. Just because the Cavs + multiple other teams don't have the space to sign him making him a rental, it doesn't mean we are forced to to accept a lesser deal. If other teams want AB they will need to part with a decent asset, and some euro player that as of yet hasn't played in the NBA and is massively being played up by Cavs fans, isn't the "decent asset" I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Un4given
Junior
And1: 483

Post#32 » by Un4given » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:10 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Un4given wrote:Based on OPs assumption (that Bradley is just rental for the Detroit) which I'm not actually buying tbh, I can see proposed Cleveland offer easily being outbid by few teams if it comes down to a bidwar near the DL.

For instance, Ferguson, CHI second + Singler (filler) straight up for AB sounds as a better return for Detroit than combo proposed in OP.

I let Pistons fan weigh in on whether the offer is better than the Cavs offer but it really comes down to Ferguson because it will cost you the Chicago 2nd just to dump Singler's contract.

Sorry, I edided the post before seing You already quoted me adding additional piece of choice for Detroit (and to actually make deal work financially).

But I must disagree that dumping Singler is worth CHI 2nd which is basically a late first round pick. Maybe adding third team and some cash consideration + another 2nd round pick would be required but despite him being totally useless, Singler's contract is not an albatross, especially considering that he can be stretched at some point.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by jbk1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:22 am

A_dub06 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

The situations are entirely different, Boston had to move AB to make room for the Hayward signing. They were forced into trading him and the pressure was league wide known which strangled the value they would get back. Detroits offer not only got them the space they required but also a very serviceable player in Morris who's on a $5m a year contract for the next couple of seasons.

Correct me if I'm wrong but even if Lebron leaves, the Cavs are still over the cap aren't they? We will have the cap space and SVG has already stated the desire to resign AB. Just because the Cavs + multiple other teams don't have the space to sign him making him a rental, it doesn't mean we are forced to to accept a lesser deal. If other teams want AB they will need to part with a decent asset, and some euro player that as of yet hasn't played in the NBA and is massively being played up by Cavs fans, isn't the "decent asset" I'm talking about.

I don't get that argument because a distressed auction is still an auction. If every team knows he's available, and he's a player they want to acquire, then they still have to beat the next best offer and they know it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#34 » by Pharaoh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:51 am

jbk1234 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I don't get that argument because a distressed auction is still an auction. If every team knows he's available, and he's a player they want to acquire, then they still have to beat the next best offer and they know it.

You're attempting to use the circumstances SVG took advantage of to lower ABs value in all these AB to CLE deals that get posted though.

1: SVG has zero incentive to help Cleveland

2: SVG has stated that he wants the Pistons to be a quality defensive team this coming season and a lot if that is due to AB

3: Pistons are just as likely to resign AB as anyone else given his Bird Rights

Bottom line there is a very good reason Cleveland fans are posting AB trades. Do you not think Piston fans know why?

AB is a extremely valuable asset. I don't see SVG flipping him for what amounts to a late first round pick!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by jbk1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:54 am

Pharaoh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:

You're attempting to use the circumstances SVG took advantage of to lower ABs value in all these AB to CLE deals that get posted though.

2: SVG has stated that he wants the Pistons to be a quality defensive team this coming season and a lot if that is due to AB

Bottom line there is a very good reason Cleveland fans are posting AB trades. Do you not think Piston fans know why?

AB is a extremely valuable asset. I don't see SVG flipping him for what amounts to a late first round pick!

You're ignoring the premise I laid out for the offer.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#36 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:57 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Bakuto wrote:
blazeyo wrote:CEdi Osman by himself is going to be better than Avery by his 2nd year, you heard it here first.

Any reason as to why you think this aside from being a Cleveland fan?

There are no reasons, he hasn't been impressive in his regular season games with Anadulo. He made a few recent athletic plays and people are overating him because that's the only ball being currently being played. It's a bit strange that at three years younger Zizic has looked a lot better overseas but desnt get talked about one bit. If Osman played in this years summer league no one would be talking about him. Little to no chance he's better than Bradley, who was the best highschool player in his class.

The one thing I have noticed about Osman that seems intriguing is he is a very solid ball handler and passer. That will prove to be a nice addition in Cleveland if he can play solid defense in the NBA and earn some of Jefferson's or Greens garbage minutes on top of the minutes he gets behind J.R. if Shump is traded as they will look to rest Korver a lot in the reg season.
If the roster stay as is , he will be lucky to crack Ty Lues rotation in year one.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#37 » by Pharaoh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:36 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Your premise was:

IF the Pistons are not in the playoff race this coming season & it appears AB won't stay then SVG will flip him for assets.

I don't disagree with the possibility. I disagree with the offer!

Frye is cap filler - expiring just like AB.

The "incentive" offered by you is a protected CLE first.

In that specific situation & the auction is going on do you honestly believe that's the best DET could get?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Avery Bradley to CLE 

Post#38 » by jbk1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:53 am

Pharaoh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Your premise was:

IF the Pistons are not in the playoff race this coming season & it appears AB won't stay then SVG will flip him for assets.

I don't disagree with the possibility. I disagree with the offer!

Frye is cap filler - expiring just like AB.

The "incentive" offered by you is a protected CLE first.

In that specific situation & the auction is going on do you honestly believe that's the best DET could get?

I think Ibaka went for a very late first & Ross under those exact circumstances. That was less than six months after being traded for two players selected in the lottery.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#39 » by dakomish23 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:03 am

What if they made this a bigger deal?

Bradley Leuer for Frye Shump. Not sure what level sweeteners, if any, would need to be involved at that point.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#40 » by Bakuto » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:05 am

dakomish23 wrote:

What if they made this a bigger deal?

Bradley Leuer for Frye Shump. Not sure what level sweeteners, if any, would need to be involved at that point.

Oh there would be some necessary. Adding Leuer and Shump to a Bradley and Frye deal doesn't take away any sweeteners needing to go to Detroit.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:

Return to Trades and Transactions