Players You Realistically Want Your Team To Acquire

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,442

Re: Players You Realistically Want Your Team To Acquire 

Post#81 » by Myth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:20 pm

I'd like to see Portland get in position to draft Luka Doncic and I'm aware McCollum would be needed in such a trade.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,077

Post#82 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Myth wrote:I'd like to see Portland get in position to draft Luka Doncic and I'm aware McCollum would be needed in such a trade.

BKN pick maybe?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#83 » by GimmeDat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:37 pm

There's not many I want to acquire at this stage of our rebuilding process, picks are the one thing on my mind.

Would love to get our hands on some cheap young flyers such as Dragan Bender, Mario Hezonja and Stanley Johnson though (trade stock varies but they're all relatively low buys compared to previous value).

Ivica Zubac, Malik Beasley, maybe Dante Exum some other names as well. Bolden and Korkmaz from Philly?
Myth
General Manager

Post#84 » by Myth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:53 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Myth wrote:I'd like to see Portland get in position to draft Luka Doncic and I'm aware McCollum would be needed in such a trade.

BKN pick maybe?

I think the biggest hang up is at this point we don't know where the picks will end up. If the trade were next summer after the lottery with a top 3 pick, I'd be cool with the trade mostly being based around a McCollum for a pick (assuming McCollum doesn't prove himself way above the pick or the value of prospects changing in that time). But right now, a pick for McCollum straight up would not work because of that pick potentially falling out of place, and potentially being only a mid-lottery pick, which I think McCollum has significantly more value than. So, I'm fine with a BKN pick for McCollum now if the BKN pick comes with significantly more value to compensate for it potentially dropping or being a bust. I'd definitely be game for a version of a trade I've seen floated on this board a few times that were based around Love+BKN pick for McCollum+??? Maybe Love for McCollum+one of our rookies and Portland gets the rights to swap their 2018 pick for the BKN pick?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#85 » by The Rebel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:11 pm

For the Nuggets
Sam Dekker
Cedi Osman
Joe Ingles
Soloman Hill
Kristaps Porzingis
Derrick White
Matt Deladova
Jakob Poeltl
Jeff Withey
Myth
General Manager

Post#86 » by Myth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:54 am

The Rebel wrote:For the Nuggets
Sam Dekker
Cedi Osman
Joe Ingles
Soloman Hill
Kristaps Porzingis
Derrick White
Matt Deladova
Jakob Poeltl
Jeff Withey

Who are the Nuggets giving up for Porzingis?
Kyrie to Matrix
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#87 » by Kyrie to Matrix » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Djh7475 wrote:For the Celtics:

Clint Capella
Gary Harris
Dragan Bender
Nerlens Noel
Rodney Hood
Thon Maker
Malcom Brogdon
Richaun Holmes

All of my targets would fit our young timeline while addressing our need for either (a) a versatile young big man with upside whose contracts is matchable or (b) a young 2-way SG with upside whose contract is matchable. Also, none of these guys would seemingly break the bank to acquire since the 4 most valuable in my opinion (Capella, Noel, Harris, and Hood) are on expiring contracts and due for MASSIVE pay raises.

agree with Bender and Holmes.
I’d like to add RHJ and Portis.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#88 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Myth wrote:
Sam Dekker
Cedi Osman
Joe Ingles
Soloman Hill
Kristaps Porzingis
Derrick White
Matt Deladova
Jakob Poeltl
Jeff Withey

Would need to be Jokic or everyone else.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by The Rebel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Myth wrote:
Sam Dekker
Cedi Osman
Joe Ingles
Soloman Hill
Kristaps Porzingis
Derrick White
Matt Deladova
Jakob Poeltl
Jeff Withey

LOL, the Knicks do not have anything to add to Porzingis to get Jokic. at best Porzingis is going to bring back a couple of lesser prospects and picks, so I would give Harris and Hernangomez, and a 1st or two.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#90 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 am

The Rebel wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Myth wrote:Who are the Nuggets giving up for Porzingis?

LOL, the Knicks do not have anything to add to Porzingis to get Jokic. at best Porzingis is going to bring back a couple of lesser prospects and picks, so I would give Harris and Hernangomez, and a 1st or two.

LOL. You have absolute no shot at KP.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#91 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:02 am

The Rebel wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Myth wrote:Who are the Nuggets giving up for Porzingis?

Lesser prospects and picks.... what are you talking about?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by The Rebel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:46 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Porzingis is not as good as the top prospects, he is not on the same level as KAT, Jokic, or even a healthy EMbiid, he is on the same level as Turner. If the Knicks could sucker someone into giving up a top prospect he would have already been traded but no team is giving up a prospect even on the same level as he is as it is spinning their wheels teams trade for a guy like Porzingis to upgrade.

The closest deal i can remember is the 2nd time Webber was traded just starting his 2nd year in the league where he was a considerably better player as a rookie than Porzingis was even last year, and he brought back Tom Gugliotta (a considerably lesser prospect), and 3 future 1st round picks.

edited to ad:
Carter Williams was also a highly touted prospect that was traded, and while it was known that he was not going to be as good as Porzingis he was still thought to be a future all star type, and he brought back a protected future 1st round pick.

So please justify how the KNicks are going to bring back a better prospect for Porzingis?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#93 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Porzingis is not as good as the top prospects, he is not on the same level as KAT, Jokic, or even a healthy EMbiid, he is on the same level as Turner. If the Knicks could sucker someone into giving up a top prospect he would have already been traded but no team is giving up a prospect even on the same level as he is as it is spinning their wheels teams trade for a guy like Porzingis to upgrade.

The closest deal i can remember is the 2nd time Webber was traded just starting his 2nd year in the league where he was a considerably better player as a rookie than Porzingis was even last year, and he brought back Tom Gugliotta (a considerably lesser prospect), and 3 future 1st round picks.

edited to ad:
Carter Williams was also a highly touted prospect that was traded, and while it was known that he was not going to be as good as Porzingis he was still thought to be a future all star type, and he brought back a protected future 1st round pick.

So please justify how the KNicks are going to bring back a better prospect for Porzingis?

MCW and Zinger aren't in the same conversation on value. Porzingis is closer to KAT, Jokic, Embiid than MCW at that time. He's right below those guys imo, but make no mistake, he's a unicorn, and MCW was deeply flawed.

Return to Trades and Transactions