DET / MIL / NOP: Unlikely... but Impossible?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Re: DET / MIL / NOP: Unlikely... but Impossible? 

Post#21 » by Mykhyn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Smirk wrote:
I'm dying laughing at this comment. As if the Pels wouldn't hang up the phone immediately on this offer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You get more than you gave up with less leverage while dumping a bad contract and Boogie being closer to UFA.

He's not worth that much which has been shown

Monroe could walk just like Boogie could walk.

Middleton is worth more than boogie by himself tbh
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#22 » by Smirk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Cklbmk wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

You get more than you gave up with less leverage while dumping a bad contract and Boogie being closer to UFA.

No.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#23 » by Mykhyn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Smirk wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:

No.

Contract, skill set, position, attitude suggest otherwise.

Theres a reason you guys got Cousins for so cheap. His value didn't magically increase as his contract got shorter.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#24 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Pharaoh wrote:BTW you included Jackson and state PG is a position of need. After this deal we'd have RJ, Ish, Delly & Jackson!

Not enough minutes to go round and Jackson would be the guy to miss out

I meant "position of need" in the context of building for the future. I don't think Reggie, Ish, or Delly would be part of their long term plan. Still a bit crowded short term but it helps that Delly can play the 2.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#25 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Smirk wrote:
I'm dying laughing at this comment. As if the Pels wouldn't hang up the phone immediately on this offer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't see that as a point of contention. I love his fit next to AD but he's pretty much neutral value on his current salary. If he did walk, the Pels spend that money elsewhere in a loaded FA class.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,141

Post#26 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Neither Bradley nor Cousins would be available until after January 1st at the earliest. If they are available, it will be because things aren't working out. If that's the case, then the acquisition price for a half season rental will not be this high.

Edit: Pistons are eating some questionable salary so I'm not sure that deal gets done at any point.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Post#27 » by RiotPunch » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:45 am

Bradley
Brogdon
Giannis
Maker
DMC

Would be very interesting. Prefer cutting out DET though and trying a Parker/Monroe/Wilson for Cousins trade once the wheels fall off in NOLA.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#28 » by Alonzo_Morning » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:03 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Bradley
Brogdon
Giannis
Maker
DMC

Would be very interesting. Prefer cutting out DET though and trying a Parker/Monroe/Wilson for Cousins trade once the wheels fall off in NOLA.

Middleton not Parker please
Djh7475
Pro Prospect
And1: 422

Post#29 » by Djh7475 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Do people really think the Bucks would pass on this type of deal? They get 3 of the 4 best players in the deal as well as by far the best player in the deal. The 3 players they'd be acquiring are all entering their prime. They unload Delevadova's bad contract and avoid having to overpay an injury prone Jabari who will get paid far more than Tobias for comparable play with injury concerns. I consider Parker and Delevadova (who will make $30ishM combined next year) for Tobias (young and cost controlled without injury issues) a fair deal due to contract situations.

Considering Middleton is just a slight upgrade over AB, trading him and Monroe for AB and one of the best centers in the game is a no brainer. With Milwaukee stuck with long contracts going to Henson, Teletovic, and Delevadova, combined with Jabari's extension, the Bucks really don't have the type of opportunity to make the type of improvement this trade would allow them. Do the Bucks really want to be stuck with their current roster, or would they prefer to add 2 top flight role players and a superstar center?

Brogdon, AB, Harris, Giannis, and Cousins surrounds Giannis with elite shooting and a top flight running mate. That roster seemingly fits incredibly well around Giannis and should be very balanced on both ends. If I were building a young team around Giannis in the Bucks' circumstances (no cap flexibility upcoming, no high end assets, primary assets hold more value to them than others - Brogdon and Maker), this is about the best I could hope for. I doubt the Pelicans or Pistons do this deal, but I can't imagine the Bucks not being ecstatic if this were on the table.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#30 » by jbent87 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 pm

this is really fun but as is doesn't make enough sense for DET. Damn.

EDIT: One more thing, how does Jabari keep coming up in these deals as a positive asset? How isn't he in the same realm as Embiid after this latest injury? Is he having the best rehab in sports history right now? It would be one thing to make a move for him now as he's due to get paid, it's another to make that move after his 2nd torn ACL in the same knee.

Return to Trades and Transactions