Jahlil Okafor on the block again

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,492

Jahlil Okafor on the block again 

Post#1 » by My Main Man » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:47 am

So it looks like the Sixers are trying to trade Okafor again. I'm assuming they're asking price is higher than most teams are willing to offer.

Sixer fans - what are you realistically looking to get back for him? Picks? Expirings? Rotation player(s) at a different position?

Fans of other teams - If you're in the market for a player like Jah, what would you be willing to give up for him?

As a Wolves fan, I was just thinking about how I wouldn't mind him off the bench with Tyus to see if they could somehow bring their Duke chemistry into the pros. I'm not sure we have anything to offer though.
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Re: Jahlil Okafor on the block again 

Post#2 » by Takes5 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:54 am

Was he ever off the block?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:54 am

Unless there's a serious locker room issue they shouldn't trade him. The Sixers could use him as a back up given Embiid's injury history. The market for centers is awful. Maybe they can get the Celtics to offer the Memphis pick or at least the Clippers pick.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#4 » by loserX » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:07 am

jbk1234 wrote:Unless there's a serious locker room issue they shouldn't trade him. The Sixers could use him as a back up given Embiid's injury history. The market for centers is awful. Maybe they can get the Celtics to offer the Memphis pick or at least the Clippers pick.

Aldrich + OKC pick? Then Philly gets a stopgap centre and a late pick.
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,492

Post#5 » by My Main Man » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:12 am

loserX wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Unless there's a serious locker room issue they shouldn't trade him. The Sixers could use him as a back up given Embiid's injury history. The market for centers is awful. Maybe they can get the Celtics to offer the Memphis pick or at least the Clippers pick.

That was kind of what I was thinking but that offer seemed potentially insulting, but his value seems to be all over the place. I feel like that would seem like an overpay to some people who hate Okafor.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#6 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:36 am

My Main Man wrote:
loserX wrote:

That was kind of what I was thinking but that offer seemed potentially insulting, but his value seems to be all over the place. I feel like that would seem like an overpay to some people who hate Okafor.

Wolves have no need with Patton and Dieng. Add a 3rd team that wants him but has a PF/SF type.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#7 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:43 am

I think he needs to end up on Knicks next to Porzingis. Maybe Knicks can offer what ever "assets" they get for dumping Melo.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#8 » by dorkestra » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:50 am

Richaun Holmes would be our stopgap center if Embiid got hurt. And we also signed Amir Johnson. I don't think Okafor needs to be kept around for the sake of depth. The main reason I would keep him is that his value is very low. Seems like you could get more for Holmes.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#9 » by Slava » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am

Best be soon, his value tanks to 2nd round status the closer he gets to RFA.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#10 » by Cappy_Smurf » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:29 am

So after all the Noel/Okafor debates, they are going to end up trading both of them.

Sometimes I wonder if we are all just wasting our lives.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#11 » by QRich3 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am

Yeah, I don't see anyone offering a 1st, or a 1st-ish prospect for him. Sixers should make room for Richaun, I've been saying that for over a year, so cutting their losses and just dumping him for little value might make sense.

A team like Chicago could make sense if they deal RoLo for future assets, they can either find a role for him or just make room for him building back some value and flip him again. But I don't think they deal anything of substance either. Pelicans' 2nd or someone like Zipser or Jerian Grant, I'd guess (6ers would probably prefer the 2nd).
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#12 » by patman52 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am

The celtics are not going to offer what is most likely a lottery pick for a back up center. No team is, as you said the market for centers is awful.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#13 » by Aussiepiston1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:20 am

Looks like Dallas will lose Noel after this year and could use a Center haha maybe they send a top 10 protected 1st for him.
uuaarrgh
Senior
And1: 8

Post#14 » by uuaarrgh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 am

Okafor for Jeremy Lamb. Hornets would have a Howard/Okafor Tandem for the Centerspot.

Maybe Lamb could learn and benefit behind Redick.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,822

Post#15 » by Diop » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am

uuaarrgh wrote:Okafor for Jeremy Lamb. Hornets would have a Howard/Okafor Tandem for the Centerspot.

nah we're happy with the Howard/Zeller tandem thanks.

Zeller is Mr Efficient and under rated.

Aren't Atlanta rebuilding? They should give him a fly. Don't know what they would trade for him, he isn't worth a good 1st from Atlanta, maybe if its heavily protected.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Diop wrote:
uuaarrgh wrote:Okafor for Jeremy Lamb. Hornets would have a Howard/Okafor Tandem for the Centerspot.

nah we're happy with the Howard/Zeller tandem thanks.

Zeller is Mr Efficient and under rated.

Aren't Atlanta rebuilding? They should give him a fly. Don't know what they would trade for him, he isn't worth a good 1st from Atlanta, maybe if its heavily protected.

They have the lotto protected Minnesota pick, and Philly has a bunch of 2nds
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#17 » by LofJ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 pm

The Hawks are a good destination for him. They have a good selection of front-court players on expiring deals and an extra pick in this year's draft. The Spurs could use him as well, but I'm not sure there's deal that would be acceptable to both them and the Sixers.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,582

Post#18 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Slava wrote:Best be soon, his value tanks to 2nd round status the closer he gets to RFA.

I think it's already there. I would be shocked if they get a 1st rounder in return for him.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,265

Post#19 » by brackdan70 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:58 pm

On the Celtics board folks are debating Okafor for Yabusele, Nadar and Ojeleye. Seems like most Cs fans would not be in favor of that.

I have a hard time seeing the Sixers getting much of value for him.

I believe that a team trading for him would need to include only 2.8 million in Salary so Yabusele and Nader would be enough. I would actually consider that personally.
Sign here
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,822

Post#20 » by Diop » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Atlanta can absorb him without sending out a contract

Return to Trades and Transactions