Jahlil Okafor on the block again

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

choccymilkpapi
Ballboy
And1: 8

Re: Jahlil Okafor on the block again 

Post#61 » by choccymilkpapi » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Chris76 wrote:
choccymilkpapi wrote:Courtney Lee, Kyle'Oquinn, 2019 second round draft pick from Orlando, Cleveland or Houston (least favorable)

That seems like a lot of salary for a late 2nd.

Okafor and Porzingis could make a good combination.

Is Philly still trusting the process? I thought it was time to compete. These are two guys to help that cause.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#62 » by Chris76 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:30 pm

choccymilkpapi wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
choccymilkpapi wrote:Courtney Lee, Kyle'Oquinn, 2019 second round draft pick from Orlando, Cleveland or Houston (least favorable)

That seems like a lot of salary for a late 2nd.

Okafor and Porzingis could make a good combination.

Is Philly still trusting the process? I thought it was time to compete. These are two guys to help that cause.

They could help the cause, but Holmes and Amir are like KOQ.

The Sixers already have 4 SGs just like Lee.

Okafor seems focused on being more mobile, I like to see if he can improve.
He could be a very good scoring big off the bench.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#63 » by parson » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:20 am

It was a lousy idea for the Sixers to believe they could keep drafting centers and get trade value from each of the ones they didn't want.

They got a heavily protected 1st from DAL; Okafor is worse than Noel; do the math.

The whole purpose of "the process" was to find Emdiid. Be happy it succeeded and move on.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
mszymko
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#64 » by mszymko » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:44 pm

He'd look good in a Bulls uniform, just not sure we have anything to offer in return.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Re: RE: Re: Jahlil Okafor on the block again 

Post#65 » by Winglish » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm

parson wrote:It was a lousy idea for the Sixers to believe they could keep drafting centers and get trade value from each of the ones they didn't want.

They got a heavily protected 1st from DAL; Okafor is worse than Noel; do the math.

The whole purpose of "the process" was to find Emdiid. Be happy it succeeded and move on.

This.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Re: RE: Re: Jahlil Okafor on the block again 

Post#66 » by BullyKing » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Winglish wrote:
parson wrote:It was a lousy idea for the Sixers to believe they could keep drafting centers and get trade value from each of the ones they didn't want.

This.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

I'm having a really hard time understanding what point is trying to be made. The idea was never to just draft center after center with the plan to trade them. As you recognize, the idea was to find stars ("the whole purpose of the process was to find Embiid"). So in each case, they drafted the player available that they thought was most likely to be a star (obviously not always correct in their evaluation). They didn't keep drafting centers because they thought it would increase the player's value but to the contrary, knowing it would cannibalize some of the value. But it was worth it to them to take Embiid instead of Exum or Gordon despite the fact that it decreased Noel's value.

Let's also not gloss over the fact that when Embiid was drafted, Noel had yet to play a game and when Okafor was drafted, Embiid had not only never played a game but was already out for the entire upcoming season.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#67 » by TTP » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Okafor is awful and likely has no value, so I'd be praying for a 2nd or a bust swap with Hezonja or Baldwin, two other failed prospects I liked.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,484

Post#68 » by jayjaysee » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:26 pm

I think there could be something like

Rolo to Milwaukee
Henson and Milwaukee first to Philly
Jah to Chicago

If Chicago would take Jah over a late first but get to avoid Henson....if Milwaukee would trade a first to upgrade center but cut Maker's minutes...if Philly would take on the 2yr20 mil of Henson.. Maybe send Bayless and a 2nd to Chicago and Grant to Philly? That would keep Roco's cap space..

All of that for a Chicago offer of Bayless, Jah, a 2nd for Rolo and Grant? I think Chicago could do that, but I still like Jah more than most people.. And don't know how Chicago feels about Grant honestly.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#69 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:50 pm

TTP wrote:Okafor is awful and likely has no value, so I'd be praying for a 2nd or a bust swap with Hezonja or Baldwin, two other failed prospects I liked.

I still like Okafors potential on the Magic. Think him and Issac will look great together.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#70 » by Mykhyn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Honestly you cant even call what they got from dallas a protected 1st. I'm pretty sure it was impossible to be a first even if they won out the season
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#71 » by the_process » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Okafor and Anderson to OKC for Singler and Ferguson.
InHinkieWeTrust
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#72 » by InHinkieWeTrust » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 am

A key point in this conversation is that it would be best for the Sixers to not take on any additional salary in this trade. Any salary cap space we save now can be used in Robert Covington's R&E. 6 Million we can give him now is 6 million we don't have to give him over the rest of his contract. A 2nd round pick or the rights to someone stashed overseas would be better long-term than taking on veterans.
Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by Chris76 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 am

InHinkieWeTrust wrote:A key point in this conversation is that it would be best for the Sixers to not take on any additional salary in this trade. Any salary cap space we save now can be used in Robert Covington's R&E. 6 Million we can give him now is 6 million we don't have to give him over the rest of his contract. A 2nd round pick or the rights to someone stashed overseas would be better long-term than taking on veterans.

I agree the Sixers shouldn't take on any additional salary. They need to see how everyone plays together, first.

Some are rushing to dump Okafor, he wasn't ready for team defense and the Sixers were a really bad team.
He could play much better this year, he seems healthier and willing to work on his weaknesses.

If Embiid mins are limited, Okafor could be a good scoring big off the bench.

Simmons, Fultz, and Okafor could be a competitive group.
As a starter, Okafor could avg 20 pts and 10 rbds with better defense.
Simmons could help him on defense and rebounding.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#74 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:38 am

Chris76 wrote:
InHinkieWeTrust wrote:A key point in this conversation is that it would be best for the Sixers to not take on any additional salary in this trade. Any salary cap space we save now can be used in Robert Covington's R&E. 6 Million we can give him now is 6 million we don't have to give him over the rest of his contract. A 2nd round pick or the rights to someone stashed overseas would be better long-term than taking on veterans.

I agree the Sixers shouldn't take on any additional salary. They need to see how everyone plays together, first.

Some are rushing to dump Okafor, he wasn't ready for team defense and the Sixers were a really bad team.
He could play much better this year, he seems healthier and willing to work on his weaknesses.

I'm not buying this at all, he hasn't even averaged near 20/10 per 36 so there are very little indication so far that he could put up these numbers with better talent around him. Despite having drafted three centers in a row injuries to the formers have allowed Okafor plenty of oppertunities on maybe the worst team in the league the past century. It's not only his poor defense and old school offense that has opposing GM's hesitant to acquire him, either off court issues or "lingering" injury concerns has allowed him to miss more games than he should have so far. He doesn't have the drive to put up good numbers on a contending team.
Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Chris76 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Chris76 wrote:

I'm not buying this at all, he hasn't even averaged near 20/10 per 36 so there are very little indication so far that he could put up these numbers with better talent around him. Despite having drafted three centers in a row injuries to the formers have allowed Okafor plenty of oppertunities on maybe the worst team in the league the past century. It's not only his poor defense and old school offense that has opposing GM's hesitant to acquire him, either off court issues or "lingering" injury concerns has allowed him to miss more games than he should have so far. He doesn't have the drive to put up good numbers on a contending team.

Okafor avg 17.5 pts and 7.5 rbds his 1st year on a really bad team. He was doubled instantly and still was able to score.

With Simmons and better teammates, Okafor should be a challenge for most teams to defend, especially backups.

He lost 20 lbs and is working on his weaknesses, he could be a much better player.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#76 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Dan Z wrote:Imagine if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis instead of Okafor?

Trust the process!
jeremym480
Senior
And1: 1,094

Post#77 » by jeremym480 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 pm

How about Ajinca and either a future 2nd or Frank Jackson to Philly for Okafor?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#78 » by Stillwater » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Philly is better off holding and seeing if he improves,because right now they are going to be lucky to get a 2nd rounder and a vet that was born in the 80's,with as low as his value is currently.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#79 » by sfballa13 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 am

Stillwater wrote:Philly is better off holding and seeing if he improves,because right now they are going to be lucky to get a 2nd rounder and a vet that was born in the 80's,with as low as his value is currently.

Pistons might trade Drummond for Okafor + someone else
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#80 » by pacers33granger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 am

sfballa13 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Philly is better off holding and seeing if he improves,because right now they are going to be lucky to get a 2nd rounder and a vet that was born in the 80's,with as low as his value is currently.

Pistons might trade Drummond for Okafor + someone else

I find that very hard to believe.

Return to Trades and Transactions