Shams: Suns making waves. Sign a player that was formerly a first overall pick.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,933

Shams: Suns making waves. Sign a player that was formerly a first overall pick. 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Can you say future Super team?

sorry for the awful jokes.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Re: Shams: Suns making waves. Sign a player that was formerly a first overall pick. 

Post#2 » by Slava » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Weird considering how crowded their pf/c rotation is. Most likely camp fodder.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,826

Re: Shams: Suns making waves. Sign a player that was formerly a first overall pick. 

Post#3 » by Karate Diop » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:08 pm

I think it's telling that the Nets cut him... Under the new regime they've shown a keen interest in trying to develop other team's castoffs / no-name players (and have had moderate success doing so) to try and overcome the loss of their draft picks... If they didn't deem Bennett worthy of holding onto the signs aren't looking good for him...

(It all seems mental with Bennett)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,078

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:28 pm

This is an example of a guy getting multiple looks based solely on where he was drafted.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,042

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Mamba with the snarky title. :lol:
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#6 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 pm

How many PF/C's do The Suns want? Bennett is not a NBA caliber talent.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,546

Post#7 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:15 pm

He's pretty much solidified himself as the worst draft bust of all-time at this point. Maybe he can get one more shot this year on a 10-day contract?
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,933

Post#8 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:How many PF/C's do The Suns want? Bennett is not a NBA caliber talent.

A roster of guards didn't work, they're trying out a roster of bigs now.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Hmm, so I guess his conditioning is fixed, his shot is back to where it was before the shoulder injury/surgery, and the bank account is running dry,so the incentive is returning to the man. This is somebody who by all accounts could succeed in this league if he put the time in, but I wouldn't bet that he has. The Suns have a solid developmental program, so who knows,maybe he can carve out a decent year in the g-league and start his career over. Good luck to him, we over picked him , he couldn't handle the pressure of that lofty over value etc.You could argue that Chris Grant and Mike Brown ruined his career taking him that high, but the injured Noel was really the only acceptable play there,so I don't fault them for the gamble,he was very good in college despite in being the lowly mountain west.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#10 » by Kerrsed » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 am

Ron Swanson wrote:He's pretty much solidified himself as the worst draft bust of all-time at this point. Maybe he can get one more shot this year on a 10-day contract?

Worst? Not in my eyes. I still view him as the #8 pick. Thats where most (if not all) mocks had him starting at. Some had him as low as 10. Cleveland is the one that blew everyones minds by drafting him #1. Do i consider him a #1 pick because the Cavs reached so far to grab him? Not at all.

We signed him on a non-guaranteed contract and he will be playing for our G-League team most of the season (Unless we get an injury and need him). We just added Troy Daniels to our line-up to back up Booker at SG, so that kinda solved that issue. We really have been hit with the injury bug this offseason. Knight is out for the season. Reed is out for the season with a torn meniscus. Ulis injured his ankel but should be back a week or two after the season starts, and just today it was announced that Alan Williams is pretty much out for the year as well with a partially torn meniscus. That leaves Old Man Chandler and Len (Who the Suns refused to offer a new contract) as our C's. Sliding Bender over will open up some minutes at PF, so Bennett might be able to get a few minutes, but still i highly doubt it and think he spends the rest of the season in the G-League.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#11 » by chrbal » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Bennett is camp fodder that will be shuffled to the G-League once cuts are made.

And he is the worst no.1 pick, because he was picked no.1 overall.

Return to Trades and Transactions