Does anyone even want Derrick Favors?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Re: Does anyone even want Derrick Favors? 

Post#101 » by bgrep14 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:02 pm

I'd give Shumpert and Osman for Favors
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#102 » by Catchall » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Now that Gobert is out, look for Favors to start averaging 16 -17 points and 10 - 11 rebounds.
He plays well with Rubio and put up 24/12 last night.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#103 » by AingesBurner » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 pm

His trade value is going to go up exponentially.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,706

Post#104 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:00 pm

GobertReport wrote:His trade value is going to go up exponentially.

Why? He's still expiring and there still isn't a huge market for centers. Him putting up some nice stats while Gobert is out isn't going to fool teams into giving Utah a ton for the guy.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#105 » by AingesBurner » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Why? He's still expiring and there still isn't a huge market for centers. Him putting up some nice stats while Gobert is out isn't going to fool teams into giving Utah a ton for the guy.

More than what they would have gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ingles is cooked.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#106 » by patman52 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:07 am

I don't think so, he has already proven he is "healthier". 4 weeks ago I didn't think you could get a late first for him with no bad salary coming back, He has that value now- I dont see how he can return a lower 18-24 type pick 6 weeks from now.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#107 » by Revived » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:32 am

Will his trade value be any higher than Bledsoe's? In today's nba, bigs arent even valued as highly as guards especially immobile ones like Favors.

I can see them getting a pick in the late 20s if not couple second rd picks for him since his contract expires after this season too.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#108 » by AingesBurner » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:13 am

patman52 wrote:

I don't think so, he has already proven he is "healthier". 4 weeks ago I didn't think you could get a late first for him with no bad salary coming back, He has that value now- I dont see how he can return a lower 18-24 type pick 6 weeks from now.

Revived wrote:Will his trade value be any higher than Bledsoe's? In today's nba, bigs arent even valued as highly as guards especially immobile ones like Favors.

I can see them getting a pick in the late 20s if not couple second rd picks for him since his contract expires after this season too.

I think if he plays well for the next 4-6 weeks we get Jabari in a trade.

Favors is not an immobile big, you must not watch the Jazz.

Ingles is cooked.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#109 » by Daddy 801 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:19 am

Revived wrote:Will his trade value be any higher than Bledsoe's? In today's nba, bigs arent even valued as highly as guards especially immobile ones like Favors.

This is just false and shows a lack of understanding of what makes Favs good. Yes, he looked immobile last season when he was hurt, but he looks much better now. He can guard on the perimeter better than the vast majority of big guys. And then he is actually big enough to punish teams that play small ball. I get that he is expiring and has a history of injury that impacts his value. But he is not immobile.

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#110 » by stitches » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 am

In what world is Favors an immobile big? He's one of the better bigs sticking with PGs. I swear amnesia is a horrible disease. You have one injury riddled season and people forget so easily.

Who in the league can recover like this on Bosh:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14924135/a-guide-most-watchable-players-nba (see point 6 on the Lowe article).
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,741

Post#111 » by SkyHook » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:22 am

Count me as a longstanding member of the camp that doesn’t want to trade Favors and would prefer to re-sign him. I’ve just been waiting and hoping for him to be healthy and productive again. Favors has stated in the past that he wants to be in Utah, prefers it to the bigger cities. Hopefully the shortsightedness of fans—impatient with his injuries, clamoring for him to be traded—hasn’t turned him off.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#112 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 am

I'm puzzled by the Favors criticism. Yes, there are less spots for bigs now in general (because a lot of teams now play with a single true big instead of 2), but Favors absolutely fits the archetype of the kind of big man teams want.

Utah's problem is that Gobert is a 5 with no positional flexibility. He's great at what he does, no question, but he doesn't play well with Favors, who is a 5 with some 4 flexibility. I think his case is somewhat similar to Sabonis, who's playing very well now after being moved to the 5.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#113 » by Streakers33 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 am

As a wolves fan.. I been super excited to see a pf/c style play center next to towns. I think in today’s nba. U play two pfs and he would look solid at the center position behind towns..

I wouldn’t mind a dieng/Aldrich/ okc 1st 2018/ 2019 Miami 2nd/ 2018 second round minny

For

favors / joe Johnson.

Dieng / gobert front court be fun to watch. Plus dieng plays center as gobert is down with any injuries..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#114 » by FrontPageNews » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 am

He’s exactly what cleveland needs at center. Big enough to take on real bigs. Quick enough to switch. Good shot blocker. Decent offensive game. They should be all over him. Offer their first and filler.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#115 » by shrink » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Streakers33 wrote:As a wolves fan.. I been super excited to see a pf/c style play center next to towns. I think in today’s nba. U play two pfs and he would look solid at the center position behind towns..

I wouldn’t mind a dieng/Aldrich/ okc 1st 2018/ 2019 Miami 2nd/ 2018 second round minny

For

favors / joe Johnson.

Dieng / gobert front court be fun to watch. Plus dieng plays center as gobert is down with any injuries

Also, is cost-controlled (fwiw), knows how to play with a star big, and knows how to play well off of Rubio too. I'm still iffy though for Utah.

Ditto for MIN. If he does poorly, they lose the deal, but if he does well, are they really willing to pay him next year? And Taj is going to get lots of minutes because he can switch and teach KAT defense - would MIN just be paying to swap one guy for another to sit on the bench?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#116 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm

bgrep14 wrote:I'd give Shumpert and Osman for Favors

Add the Nets pick and you got yourself a deal.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Does anyone even want Derrick Favors? 

Post#117 » by Streakers33 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 am

shrink wrote:
Streakers33 wrote:As a wolves fan.. I been super excited to see a pf/c style play center next to towns. I think in today’s nba. U play two pfs and he would look solid at the center position behind towns..

For

favors / joe Johnson.

Dieng / gobert front court be fun to watch. Plus dieng plays center as gobert is down with any injuries

Also, is cost-controlled (fwiw), knows how to play with a star big, and knows how to play well off of Rubio too. I'm still iffy though for Utah.

Ditto for MIN. If he does poorly, they lose the deal, but if he does well, are they really willing to pay him next year? And Taj is going to get lots of minutes because he can switch and teach KAT defense - would MIN just be paying to swap one guy for another to sit on the bench?

I think with this deal. U run towns and favors together at the start and out play other teams bigs. And Gibson/Patton/bjelica become you back up bigs. Gibson is still there for practice and will still play a ton of mins ( as I cringe)...
the problem with “how can u pay him, if he does well”... winning solves everything.. players are willing to take fair value. Or even a pay cut to be happy.. paying favors around dieng type money for an extension, if he does well and we are winning won’t hurt your feelings at all... winning basketball solves all these lil things that non winning teams are always worried about .. if u wanna vent about money.. Wiggins should have been told he makes what jimmy makes plus a lil more.. and that’s it.. then u could have done same with towns and then u have 3 stars (like other teams) and not in tax hell...
It’s kinda like the wes Mathews for dieng convo.. both teams are better after the trade.. even though they look lost on their current team.. I wanna see dieng next to a run protector like gobert and watch the lil things he misses go away and he shines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#118 » by agentofatlas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 am

Hoping to sign him in the off season for the Mavs. Don’t know if we have the pieces the Jazz wants to initiate a trade though.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: RE: Re: Does anyone even want Derrick Favors? 

Post#119 » by sipclip » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:14 pm

shrink wrote:

For

favors / joe Johnson.

Terrible deal for the jazz. We take on long term salary for a player on Dieng that is simply not that good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RealGM mobile app
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#120 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:38 pm

GobertReport wrote:
patman52 wrote:

I think if he plays well for the next 4-6 weeks we get Jabari in a trade.

Favors is not an immobile big, you must not watch the Jazz.

Idk what he’s talking about with that immobile statement.

Im a fan of Favors but there’s 0 chance you get Jabari Parker for him in any sort of straight up deal. Jabari is the only chance that the Bucks have of pairing Giannis with an elite scorer since their cap space is tied up. Maybe in a cap clearing deal that gives them close to max space like Favors/Johnson+filler for Henson/Delly/Parker.

I also don’t think the next 4-6 weeks will effect his trade value. He’s been in the league for like 7 years and I’m sure that every NBA front office understands who he is. His low value stems from the fact that he can walk for nothing in the off season and the fact that most teams that are willing to invest 1st round picks in win now talent either have an established Center or lack the assets to get him. Even the Bucks wouldn’t be able to offer a 1st rounder until 2 seasons after they send a 1st to the Suns, which I doubt will be this year.

Return to Trades and Transactions