KOTB: DALLAS/CLEVELAND BIG MAN SWAP (0 point)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

KOTB: DALLAS/CLEVELAND BIG MAN SWAP (0 point) 

Post#1 » by Saul Goodman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:45 pm

To Dallas:
Tristan Thompson
Ante Zizic

To Cleveland:
Dwight Powell
Nerlens Noel

Why for Dallas: The Noel situation is pretty much as toxic as it gets. The Mavs convince him to waive his no trade to go to a contender that can actually use him. The Mavs extract value from Noel as well as use their cap room they have on hand to absorb extra money to get a young intriguing big man. They also do a slight upgrade from Powell to Thompson.

Why for the Cavs: Simply put, they need a big man that can protect the rim and switch on smaller guards. An engaged Noel is those things. This deal would most likely be a pure stopgap at the centre position as Noel would likely not be resigned however they show Lebron they are serious about improving the Cavs odds in the finals albeit a small amount. The Cavs are still a rolled ankle away from another title and this deal helps them hedge their bets for this year. Powell can replicate some of what they lose from Tristan off the bench.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
crazybranman360
Starter
And1: 37

Re: KOTB: DALLAS/CLEVELAND BIG MAN SWAP 

Post#2 » by crazybranman360 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:05 pm

I like it for Cleveland. Maybe swap out Powell for Matthews to add value on Dallas' side
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Doubt Dallas actually wants Thompson who doesn't do much more than Powell really offensively at a higher wage.
I doubt Dallas would do that to get rid of Noel given the added $ they take on to do it.
More likely do something like this :https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6966692
Mavs get our high character locker room big [assuming Cleveland will move him now} on an expiring , get rid of Noel's who would be a rental for Cleveland. Mav's get a future 2nd.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,764

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 pm

crazybranman360 wrote:I like it for Cleveland. Maybe swap out Powell for Matthews to add value on Dallas' side

That would kill it for Cleveland. Just make it Zizic & Calderon (cut) for Noel.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,102

Post#5 » by tidho » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Easy yes from Cleveland on the OP deal.

Certainly would to the Zizic & Calderon for Noel deal too.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,957

Post#6 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 pm

I don't think Noel would consent. KOTB no.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#7 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Yeah, I don't know how to vote here. Are we supposed to assume Noel would consent even though he loses Bird Rights?
Cavs won't be able to afford him unless Bron leaves and they don't resign IT.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,311

KOTB: DALLAS/CLEVELAND BIG MAN SWAP 

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:I don't think Noel would consent. KOTB no.

Why wouldn’t he? He gets a chance to play for a title.

Love the trade. Thompson gets a chance to shine in Dallas being THE big man. Carlisle would love him. And you get Zizic. I mean, I don’t understand what’s not to like from Dallas’ side? Paying more money? Oh well. You get Zizic and Thompson. Thompson is a strong rebounder and brings physicality to a team that doesn’t have much.

Yes from me.

Noel would help Cavs out a lot on defense, especially helpside. The King gets his lob target.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,957

Post#9 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:01 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:I don't think Noel would consent. KOTB no.

Why wouldn’t he? He gets a chance to play for a title.

Love the trade. Thompson gets a chance to shine in Dallas being THE big man. Carlisle would love him. And you get Zizic. I mean, I don’t understand what’s not to like from Dallas’ side? Paying more money? Oh well. You get Zizic and Thompson. Thompson is a strong rebounder and brings physicality to a team that doesn’t have much.

Yes from me.

Noel would help Cavs out a lot on defense, especially helpside. The King gets his lob target.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Loses his bird rights with Dallas. Noel is looking for a big deal and if I'm him I'm only considering Atlanta and Chicago.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,677

Post#10 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Yeah, I don't know how to vote here. Are we supposed to assume Noel would consent even though he loses Bird Rights?
Cavs won't be able to afford him unless Bron leaves and they don't resign IT.

Add Noel as a side that could say no. So its a three teamer in essence, with KOTB yes meaning that Dallas/Cleveland/Noel all say yes.
HartfordWhalers

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:To Dallas:
Tristan Thompson
Ante Zizic

To Cleveland:
Dwight Powell
Nerlens Noel

Why for Dallas: The Noel situation is pretty much as toxic as it gets. The Mavs convince him to waive his no trade to go to a contender that can actually use him. The Mavs extract value from Noel as well as use their cap room they have on hand to absorb extra money to get a young intriguing big man. They also do a slight upgrade from Powell to Thompson.

Why for the Cavs: Simply put, they need a big man that can protect the rim and switch on smaller guards. An engaged Noel is those things. This deal would most likely be a pure stopgap at the centre position as Noel would likely not be resigned however they show Lebron they are serious about improving the Cavs odds in the finals albeit a small amount. The Cavs are still a rolled ankle away from another title and this deal helps them hedge their bets for this year. Powell can replicate some of what they lose from Tristan off the bench.

Interesting deal, make sure to post subsequent ones in the KOTB thread.

I think I have to go No based off Noel, it will be too easy for Cleveland to go small with Love at center and its not just Dallas that dicked him around for playing time but he didn't play for a team playing for the championship. I'm also not sold Dallas does it.
HartfordWhalers

Post#12 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm

crazybranman360 wrote:I like it for Cleveland. Maybe swap out Powell for Matthews to add value on Dallas' side

tidho wrote:Easy yes from Cleveland on the OP deal.

Certainly would to the Zizic & Calderon for Noel deal too.

Just to be clear, are you guys voting KOTB yes -- all sides would accept the deal? Thanks!
Darren
RealGM
And1: 848

Post#13 » by Darren » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Dallas don't want Thompson. Go find a third team to get him for an expiring contract. The Mavs is fine. But I really don't want to do it before we secure the top pick. We can't lose the tank commander at early stage. We need Powell to be sucked.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,134

Post#14 » by daoneandonly » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:16 pm

KOTB No:

WHile Powell is overpaid no doubt, Thompson is near max salary and nowhere near that level of talent. Zizic could be promising, but not worth taking on Thompson. Especially with Carlisle's love to play Barnes at PF, there's just not enough minutes to give Zizic that's worth eating Thompson's deal and playing him.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: KOTB: DALLAS/CLEVELAND BIG MAN SWAP (0 point) 

Post#15 » by Pinkyring » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:09 pm

pass for dallas, we are rebuilding Thompson sucks and is overpaid by a mile

Return to Trades and Transactions