KOTB ENTRY: ATL / IND (0 Points)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mush Man
Junior
And1: 86

KOTB ENTRY: ATL / IND (0 Points) 

Post#1 » by Mush Man » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 pm

KOTB entry #2.

If you believe all teams would accept this trade, vote yes. If you believe otherwise, vote no. Please explain your vote.

=============

Trade to be completed after Dec 15th, when newly signed players can be moved

IND - Darren Collison, 2018 1st Round Pick
ATL - Dennis Schroder, 2018 First Round Pick from Houston

Why for IND.
Indiana picks up a 3rd key starter who will be signed long-term and who is in the 22-25 age range (PG Schroder, 24yo, 4/$15.5M - SG Oladipo, 25yo, 4/$21M - C Turner, 21yo, 2/2.6 and ready for an extension this offseason). They still get a 1st next year, but move down from middle of the pack somewhere (their own pick) to a very late first (the HOU pick). They key here is that the ages of Schroder, Oladipo and Turner line-up to grow together as a cohesive core. It's better for IND to have a 25 year old signed long term and ready to jel with Oladipo and Turner than it will be to get a mid-first round 19 year old who will be years away from performing at a high level. With a few smart vet signings at SF and PF as Thad Young and Bojan Bogdanovic expire, the Pacers can be really good right away and get better as a young core grows on the same timetable.

Why for ATL
Although Schroder is still young, he he is too old for a team that is basically starting to rebuild from nothing - Taurean Prince & DeAndre' Bembry are the only two 1st round picks on the roster under 23 years of age, and therefore the only keepers. Atlanta's own first round pick very well may get them a superstar next year (if it lands in the top 4). Atlanta needs additional picks as close to the end of the lottery/middle of the 1st round as they can. They are much more likely to get lucky with a mid-first rounder that over-performs than with the late first round pick from Houston. The Indiana pick should end up somewhere between 10-20 (probably right in the middle somewhere) where the Houston pick will be at the very end of the 1st. Darren Collison can be skipper of the tank for the next 2 years and mentor a young PG from the draft.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,957

Re: KOTB ENTRY: ATL / IND 

Post#2 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 pm

I think Dennis has a bit more value than this, however I'll openly admit that he's one of the guys who's value I'm uncertain on.

KOTB no.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Post#3 » by BadWolf » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:I think Dennis has a bit more value than this, however I'll openly admit that he's one of the guys who's value I'm uncertain on.

KOTB no.

Same here.
I don't think he's really available. Or that Indiana is interested at all.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#4 » by pacers33granger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm kind of torn on this. I'm not a huge fan of Schroeder, but he's definitely an upgrade over Collison and is signed for 3 more years after this one while still being young. I'd probably do it, but I'd need some protections on the pick because we could definitely be a lotto team.

That said, I don't think Atlanta goes for it. So I have to say no.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,014

Post#5 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm

No... Dennis is 24, Prince 23, Bembry 23, Collins 20.
Dennis is skippering Atlanta's tank quite well
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:29 am

Seems a little lopsided and Schroeder is only 24 and seems to be a fine fit with Atlanta for a few years. Just can't see them doing this one.

KOTB no
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,657

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:32 am

I want to know protections on Indy's pick. If its legit unprotected, I think I'd probably gamble on this as Atlanta. It's not like losing Dennis sets your franchise back in any meaningful way. PG's of that level can be found. People are reading too much into his increased volume this year, but who else is supposed to score in Atlanta?

I actually like it less for Indy, but not so much as to vote no.

KOTB YES
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,674

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 am

I'm worried about this for Indy. They are fine now, but if the wheels fall off they just really overpaid. Caveat, I think Scroeder gets overrated. So, maybe its just me being off.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,780

Post#9 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:09 am

As others have said, things could go south for Indiana quickly. I wouldn't trade an unprotected pick for Schroder and a late first. I also am not sure I see the Hawks trading him just to move up in the draft on what could be a mid round pick. Too much risk for both teams depending on where the pick lands.

KOTB - No
dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#10 » by dlb731 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 am

KOTB - No from Atl..

but... counterproposal..

ATl sends: Schroeder, Bembry, MIN 1st
Ind sends: Joseph, Sabonis, 18 1st

Joseph played under the Spurs system, so he knows Bud very well
Sabonis is the player they were targeting when they traded Teague away, until he was picked one pick too soon..
Min pick looks to be around 20ish, and I expect Ind pick to be around 10-12, so not falling off much..

Thoughts?...
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#11 » by winter_mute_13 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:43 am

dlb731 wrote:KOTB - No from Atl..

but... counterproposal..

Sabonis is the player they were targeting when they traded Teague away, until he was picked one pick too soon..
Min pick looks to be around 20ish, and I expect Ind pick to be around 10-12, so not falling off much..

Thoughts?...

We really like Sabonis too. No thank you.

TBH, even with the original proposed deal, not sure how interested Pacers would be in Schröder. The fit with Oladipo doesn't seem great to me. But the trade value seems lopsided, I do admit.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#12 » by Pacersike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 am

KOTB Yes

I think Dennis will find his defense back when other players around him can score some.

He is a warrior but at the same time he isn't a great building piece.

Collison has value but not much to Atlanta so perhaps shipping him off to a third team might be an even better idea.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#13 » by Pacersike » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:59 am

dlb731 wrote:KOTB - No from Atl..

but... counterproposal..

Thoughts?...

Auch! Thanks for the info! The Hornets traded away their pick too when we drafted Paul George right in front of them.

Sometimes 1 pick later can really make a difference...
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,629

Post#14 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Atlanta gets the phone call from Indiana and :lol: :lol: :lol:
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,674

Post#15 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Atlanta gets the phone call from Indiana and :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please add why you think would say no, versus just emoji's as the content of your posts. Thanks.

Return to Trades and Transactions