CAVS - NO TRADE

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

CAVS - NO TRADE 

Post#1 » by Freighttrain » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Cavs trade :

- Crowder
- Brooklyn Pick
- Klove

NO trade : BOOOGIEEE

--> cavs get a big guy (or the best center in the NBA) that can seriously cause havik against GSW, I know love is playing good/great but honestly, I don't see his value once/if we face GSW.

--> NO : They are currently an 8th seed and at great risk of being out of playoff contention (OKC is currently 9th). Cousins is an UFA and seeing how things are evolving in NO, it's not looking pretty. Get Love who's still 29 and can produce like he did previously in the western conference, the brooklyn pick is protected and crowder is on a great contract. (just don't let him shoot he's awful)

feels like a win win to me

sidenote : IT & Cousins reunite and together with James they form the Cleveland Kings
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Re: CAVS - NO TRADE 

Post#2 » by Baller1234a » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Sure you’re a cavs fan?
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,353

Re: CAVS NO TRADE 

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 pm

This is a ridiculous overpay. It's a much better package than what N.O. gave up to get him. It's essentially Kyrie & Love for Cousins. He could walk at the end of the season. Russell just had knee surgery so that Brooklyn pick is looking even better. TT has to go out in any Boogie trade. Also, the salaries don't work.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Freighttrain
Analyst

Post#4 » by Freighttrain » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:59 pm

jbk1234 wrote:This is a ridiculous overpay. It's a much better package than what N.O. gave up to get him. It's essentially Kyrie & Love for Cousins. He could walk at the end of the season. Russell just had knee surgery so that Brooklyn pick is looking even better. TT has to go out in any Boogie trade. Also, the salaries don't work.

Yes of course it's a better package than what N.O send, but then again, they traded with probably the worst run organization in the NBA. If you have a chance of getting the best center in the NBA for basically love and a pick, you do it. Doesn't seem that hard for me to comprehend that. Keeping that pick would be fools gold.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Freighttrain wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This is a ridiculous overpay. It's a much better package than what N.O. gave up to get him. It's essentially Kyrie & Love for Cousins. He could walk at the end of the season. Russell just had knee surgery so that Brooklyn pick is looking even better. TT has to go out in any Boogie trade. Also, the salaries don't work.

Yes of course it's a better package than what N.O send, but then again, they traded with probably the worst run organization in the NBA. If you have a chance of getting the best center in the NBA for basically love and a pick, you do it. Doesn't seem that hard for me to comprehend that. I feel like his chemistry will resolve once he's back with IT & you have a veteran presence in Lebron and the rest of the cavs team. Keeping that pick would be fools gold.

It's not clear that he's the best center in the NBA. It's also not clear that his stats translate to team success. I'd consider TT & the pick but there's no way I'd include Love or Crowder.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#6 » by ahartleyvu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Thompson + Nets 1st (top 2 protected) + Frye for Boogie + Allen

I feel like that’s more realistic
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#7 » by Scorpion King » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:41 pm

ahartleyvu wrote:Thompson + Nets 1st (top 2 protected) + Frye for Boogie + Allen

Thompson/Frye are over paid bums who only look good because of Lebron.

Love + Brooklyn Pick + Osmin might do the trick. Lebron might be the coach Boogie needs to reach his full potential.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,165

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

TT, BRK 1st, Osman, Zizic for Cousins, Allen
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Scorpion King wrote:
ahartleyvu wrote:Thompson + Nets 1st (top 2 protected) + Frye for Boogie + Allen

Love + Brooklyn Pick + Osmin might do the trick. Lebron might be the coach Boogie needs to reach his full potential.

Frye is expiring. TT's overpaid but he's no bum.

How about the Pelicans just keep Boogie (for as long as they can) & the Cavs keep their players/picks. The notion that the Cavs would trade twice what the Pelicans paid for a half a season of Boogie is just nuts.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Freighttrain
Analyst

Post#10 » by Freighttrain » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:10 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Scorpion King wrote:

How about the Pelicans just keep Boogie (for as long as they can) & the Cavs keep their players/picks. The notion that the Cavs would trade twice what the Pelicans paid for a half a season of Boogie is just nuts.

But who cares what the Pelicans paid for Cousins? They got a steal in that trade with Sacramento, but that doesn't mean that NO is going to return the favor to any other team. The Cavs have a window that might close at the end of the year so if you're not willing to go all in you're basically giving up because this roster we currently have won't win 4 out of 7 games against GSW.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:28 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6967543
This is the only deal I would consider with the Pels. Nets pick top 3 protected out as well.
I would not do anything like this for an expiring Cousins
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Freighttrain wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Scorpion King wrote:

But who cares what the Pelicans paid for Cousins? They got a steal in that trade with Sacramento, but that doesn't mean that NO is going to return the favor to any other team. The Cavs have a window that might close at the end of the year so if you're not willing to go all in you're basically giving up because this roster we currently have won't win 4 out of 7 games against GSW.

If they got such a steal, why didn't anyone beat their offer? If they got such a steal, why is Boogie in danger of missing the playoffs again? This time on a team that has AD & Jrue? You're way overvaluing Boogie, and even if you weren't, there's nothing smart about offering 4 times as much as any other team would offer for a player on an expiring contract.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,586

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:19 pm

People are crazy if they think cousins value all of a sudden went up. I love the guy more than anyone but there's some real attitude concerns on the court.

I think Tristan/Brooklyn 1st is about his value.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:27 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:People are crazy if they think cousins value all of a sudden went up. I love the guy more than anyone but there's some real attitude concerns on the court.

I can see that, if the Nets pick is top 3 protected or something, but despite Boogies value as a player he is not a target of the Cavs imo with his need for a team to give him a big payday and the cavs cannot give him that unless Lebron were to leave at which point Cousins would have no interest in staying .Nor should the Cavs want him given his expiring/rental status.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#15 » by MKWB » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:23 am

Stillwater wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:People are crazy if they think cousins value all of a sudden went up. I love the guy more than anyone but there's some real attitude concerns on the court.

I can see that, if the Nets pick is top 3 protected or something, but despite Boogies value as a player he is not a target of the Cavs imo with his need for a team to give him a big payday and the cavs cannot give him that unless Lebron were to leave at which point Cousins would have no interest in staying .Nor should the Cavs want him given his expiring/rental status.

Yea I think the Wizards are the only team that really makes sense if Cousins were to be traded. They could see him being worth the risk to take them to a next level, with a good chance at having him re-sign with his connection with J-Wall. Porter/Gortat for Cousins/____ could make sense for both sides. Trade deadline still a few months away, though.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#16 » by tidho » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 am

Stillwater wrote:

Yep, TT and top3 protected Nets pick works for Cleveland.

Only chance this guy resigns with the Cavaliers is if LeBron is sticking around. If he decides to leave then clearing Tristan is a benefit to the rebuild.

Return to Trades and Transactions