If the Nets get the DPE for Lin for $6m

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#1 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 pm

What could they get?

A PG would be a priority with Russell out indefinitely and Lin done.
A servicable PF/C with size and/or range would be nice.
And of course any sort of talent or assets are welcome.

Or is there a FA somewhere they should look at?

Nets would likely include or just cut Killpatrick to clear a roster spot. Zeller, Acy and Whitehead are options as well and the Nets could add a 2nd as sweetener.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Re: If the Nets get the DPE for Lin for $6m 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Outside of those on rookie contracts, there aren't many PGs making $6 million or less who are worth having and would be salary dumped. Maybe Ramon Sessions from NY? See if Monta Ellis will sign for $6 million?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:06 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Outside of those on rookie contracts, there aren't many PGs making $6 million or less who are worth having and would be salary dumped. Maybe Ramon Sessions from NY? See if Monta Ellis will sign for $6 million?

Yeah I was thinking Sessions. Also thought about Calderon and D.Harris. I have to assume Ellis is done or had a bad rep otherwise he'd still have a job.

But again, I'd be open to more than just PGs.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Outside of those on rookie contracts, there aren't many PGs making $6 million or less who are worth having and would be salary dumped. Maybe Ramon Sessions from NY? See if Monta Ellis will sign for $6 million?

Yeah I was thinking Sessions. Also thought about Calderon and D.Harris. I have to assume Ellis is done or had a bad rep otherwise he'd still have a job.

But again, I'd be open to more than just PGs.

You can have Calderon at 12:01 a.m. on December 15th.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#5 » by FrontPageNews » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 pm

They shouldn’t do anything. Just develop who they have.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:34 pm

FrontPageNews wrote:They shouldn’t do anything. Just develop who they have.

I'd like to see them develop who they have, but at their proper position. LeVert is a wing and forced to play PG. Dinwiddie can't play 48 mpg and it would be nice to have a real back up PG. I've seen enough of Whitehead to know he's not much of a PG either. I also think having another PG helps players develop and play the offense they way it should be played, or at minimum helps other players produce and could boost their trade value.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,462

Post#7 » by jayjaysee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:00 am

I don't think Dallas would trade Harris, just or trade him.. So I'd take him off the list.. Brooklyn has no business sending Dallas an asset for Harris IMO, and likely the only way we'd get an asset for him is in a contract dump.. The team likes him and we are already the worst team in league - so don't fix what's not broke. A buy out seems possible but if he wants a buyout he'd probably look to compete, I don't think he would be looking for money or starting opp.

Sessions makes sense. Ellis probably does too actually, from what I read (by a fan on Realgm so not official in anyway) he wanted to start..

What about Matthew Delly? Not ideal to take on long money I know, but it's not an awful contract and could play with DLo... Don't think Milwaukee would send a first or Wilson but could send something.. Don't think Brooklyn would value Vaughn so just

Delly and two seconds for Zeller (preferred IMO by Milwaukee since they just did big for small) Skil or Whitehead?

edit/ Delly clearly doesn't work for the DPE and has nothing to do with this topic. Meh.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,585

Post#8 » by NYG » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 am

Ramon Sessions to Nets
Wesley Matthews to Knicks
Courtney Lee to Mavericks
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#9 » by pelifan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:58 am

Ajinca and a 2nd?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,462

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:27 am

NYG wrote:Ramon Sessions to Nets

I love Wes and think he's considerably undervalued/appreciated here. But I don't think Wes to Lee is worth losing that much potential cap space for NY. Zingers play this season could make NY a destination again..

But I'd do it for Dallas.. And then flip Lee for Meyers and a pick.. Or Asik and a pick.. Or Singler+.. Or even just to Indy/Min for majority expirings..

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,405

Post#11 » by Blazinaway » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:04 am

Meyers Leonard and Napier for Lee?

Blazers get a player who fits better and is better in Lee and Nets get a cheap backup PG who has played pretty well of late and Meyers whose contract is similar to Lee's (a bit cheaper). Is that enough for Nets to do a deal? POR adds a 2nd?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#12 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 am

Blazinaway wrote:Meyers Leonard and Napier for Lee?

Blazers get a player who fits better and is better in Lee and Nets get a cheap backup PG who has played pretty well of late and Meyers whose contract is similar to Lee's (a bit cheaper). Is that enough for Nets to do a deal? POR adds a 2nd?

Courtney Lee is on the Knicks.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,405

Post#13 » by Blazinaway » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:14 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:Meyers Leonard and Napier for Lee?

Courtney Lee is on the Knicks.

sorry, my bad
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,585

Post#14 » by NYG » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:50 am

jayjaysee wrote:
NYG wrote:Ramon Sessions to Nets

I love Wes and think he's considerably undervalued/appreciated here. But I don't think Wes to Lee is worth losing that much potential cap space for NY. Zingers play this season could make NY a destination again..

But I'd do it for Dallas.. And then flip Lee for Meyers and a pick.. Or Asik and a pick.. Or Singler+.. Or even just to Indy/Min for majority expirings..

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

The Knicks would have a lot more 2019 offseason cap space from this deal, the Mavericks would have more 2018 cap space from this deal. I think it works from that sense.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,833

Post#15 » by ejftw » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 am

Take Austin, someway, somehow.....please.

A shooting big though? Would Brooklyn give some sort of a protected future 2nd for Brice Johnson? Say like a 2020 that's protected 31-40?
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#16 » by Bentley1225 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 am

Devin Harris.....the Mavs have 4 PGs in Smith, Harris, Barea and Ferrell.

Return to Trades and Transactions