Hawks/Sixers/Blazers/Raptors - Dec 15th

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Hawks/Sixers/Blazers/Raptors - Dec 15th 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:42 am

Ill offer this idea for:
-Hawks to get a prospect C and PF given they are in rebuild
-Sixers clear up glut of Cs while getting a 1st for Okafor
-Blazers get out of luxury tax
-Pacers add a third SF

To Atlanta (Trade Illyasova, Babbit, 1st)
-Jahlil Okafor
-Noah Vonleh
-2018 Cleveland or Brooklyn 2nd (more favourable) via Philly
-2020 Toronto 2nd round pick (31-45 protected or extinguished)

To Philadelphia (Trade Okafor, 2 2nds)
-Ersan Illyasova
-2018 Houston 1st round pick (25-30 projected) via Atlanta

To Portland (Trade Vonleh)
-2018 New York or LAC 2nd (more favourable) via Philly
-$1.5 million TPE from Toronto

To Toronto (Trade protected 2nd, $1.5 million TPE; waive McKinnie)
-Luke Babbitt

Why?
-Atlanta trades down roughly 8-10 spots in 2018 draft (Houston 1st vs. Brooklyn 2nd) against the worst of their 2018 1st to add 2 prospects in Okafor and Vonleh to give them greater youth to align with rebuild. They still have their own 1st, Minnesota 1st and their own 2nd to still give them 4 picks in 2018 draft.

Schroder/Delaney/Taylor
Bazemore/Belinelli/Dorsey
Prince/Bembry/Brussino
Collins/Vonleh/Muscala
Dedmon/Okafor/Plumlee

-Philadelphia adds a 3rd, stretch 4 PF in Illyasova while clearing up glut of Cs and 2018 2nds to consolidate into another 2018 1st round pick.This gives Sixers a 3rd 2018 1st round pick along with their own and Houston 2nd round picks.

Fultz/Bayless/McConnell
Reddick/Stauskas/Korkmaz
Covington/Anderson/Luwawu
Simmons/Saric/Illyasova
Embiid/Holmes/Johnson

-The Blazers get out of the luxury ta as they get back a decent 2018 2nd to help backfill roster with cheap youth as they continually manage luxury tax for next season as well.

Lillard/Napier/Baldwin
McCollum/Turner/Connaughton
Aminu/Harkless/Layman
Davis/Swanigan/Leonard
Nurkic/Collins

-The Raps add a veteran SF who is hitting 47% of 3s this season as they add more outside shooting. To stay under luxury tax, they waive McKinnie who is guaranteed $100,000.

Lowry/Wright/VanVleet
DeRozan/Miles/
Powell/Anunoby/Babbit
Ibaka/Siakam/Caboclo
Valinciunas/Poeltl/Noguiera
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,506

Re: Hawks/Sixers/Blazers/Raptors - Dec 15th 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 am

Obviously a yes from philly
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#3 » by parson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 am

Okafor does not fit the Hawks; I don't think our FO is interested.

Also, we're not interested in giving up 1st round picks. If you'll look, you'll see that we've taken on some money in order to ACQUIRE 1st rounders.

Bentley, we're really not interested in Okafor and certainly not for a pick.

Maybe you'd be interested in trading Okafor and and protected 1st for Kent Bazemore? We'd release Okafor and enjoy the pick (and salary room). You'd get a high-energy wing with good defense and on-and-off 3pt shooting.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,512

Post#4 » by dms269 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 am

I also agree about Atlanta likely not being interested. I'm sure they would rather have a pick, cost-controlled for at least 4 years than have to play the rfa game with both of the young players they would be getting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#5 » by Bentley1225 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:09 am

parson wrote:Okafor does not fit the Hawks; I don't think our FO is interested.

Also, we're not interested in giving up 1st round picks. If you'll look, you'll see that we've taken on some money in order to ACQUIRE 1st rounders.

Maybe you'd be interested in trading Okafor and and protected 1st for Kent Bazemore? We'd release Okafor and enjoy the pick (and salary room). You'd get a high-energy wing with good defense and on-and-off 3pt shooting.

Is Vonleh not worth anything to the Hawks?. The 2018 Houston 1st isn't going to move the needle much for the Hawks. They already have their own 2018 1st, Minnesota 1st, their 2018 2nd. They still have good draft capital in 2018 outside of moving down 8-10 spots out of a late 1st round pick to take a flyer on Okafor for a 65 game tryout for a former lottery pick. Seems like a low risk move for likley the bottom 5 Hawks. The same goes for Vonleh as well in terms of seeing if that former top 10 pick is worth retaining. Needless to say Illyasova carries little value right now given his production. Im rating Okafor value around a high 2nd round pick (#31-35) in 2018 draft.

Thought process:
2018 Houston 1st (currently #29th pick) = Okafor + 2018 Brooklyn 2nd (currently #38 pick)
Illyasova = Vonleh
Babbit = Protected 2nd (31-45)
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,512

Re: RE: Re: Hawks/Sixers/Blazers/Raptors - Dec 15th 

Post#6 » by dms269 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
parson wrote:Okafor does not fit the Hawks; I don't think our FO is interested.

Is Vonleh not worth anything to the Hawks?. The 2018 Houston 1st isn't going to move the needle much for the Hawks. They already have their own 2018 1st, Minnesota 1st, their 2018 2nd. They still have good draft capital in 2018 outside of moving down 8-10 spots out of a late 1st round pick to take a flyer on Okafor for a 65 game tryout for a former lottery pick. Seems like a low risk move for likley the bottom 5 Hawks. The same goes for Vonleh as well in terms of seeing if that former top 10 pick is worth retaining. Needless to say Illyasova carries little value right now given his production. Im rating Okafor value around a high 2nd round pick (#31-35) in 2018 draft.

Thought process:
2018 Houston 1st (currently #29th pick) = Okafor + 2018 Brooklyn 2nd (currently #38 pick)
Illyasova = Vonleh
Babbit = Protected 2nd (31-45)

I think our value of Okafor and the pick is just different. To me, he is a rental. If he does well with us, he likely prices himself out of our reach (or what we want to spend). If he does badly, it was a waste of a pick.

The pick might not have value itself, but the value is with the multiple picks. Makes it better for a package to possibly move up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,200

Post#7 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 pm

If Toronto can't get a Marco Belineli or Doug McBuckets then this is a good fall back option. Gives Toronto a shooter off the bench who can play either forward spot. Babbit isn't a strong defender but I think going into the playoffs Toronto could use a knock down shooter which Babbit has shown himself to be
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#8 » by PDX MM » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 pm

I don't have any problems with this from Portland's view but as a future suggestion if you can find a way to bring us a decent small forward that would be great.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,172

Post#9 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Vonleh is looking better and better this season, so it looks less and less like Portland will try and dump him.

Also as a nitpicky, I don't understand the TPE coming to Portland because Vonleh is paid much more than $1.5 million. It looks like you've combined traded exceptions and players, when really this would split into 3 different trades:

Edit: I really don't know the best source for Atlanta's current salary. HH has them at $97.5 million, bbref has them at $99 million, bbinsiders has them $98.5 million, espn trade machine has them at ~98 million.... I went with Smitty at ~98.5 million as my estimate.

Trade 1:
Atlanta trades: Illyasova, Hou pick
Philadelphia trades: Okafor, 2 seconds

Atlanta via the 125% rule opens up an extra million in capspace ($97.5 million salary)

Trade 2:
Atlanta trades: Babbitt
Toronto trades: TPE, second rounder

Atlanta under the cap declines the TPE and opens up an extra $1.5 million ($96 million salary)

Trade 3:
Atlanta trades: $3.5 million TPE (from capspace), second rounder
Portland trades: Vonleh

Of course, by my math I don't think Atlanta can actually do this since they only open up $3 million in capspace. My numbers are a little rounded though and Atlanta's current salary fluctuates based on the source, so maybe this just barely works but I think some of the logistics of this trade need to be hammered out.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,604

Post#10 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:21 am

Atlanta trades a 1st??? ...'NO', that is a none starter right there.

Return to Trades and Transactions