KOTB Denver-Orlando

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

KOTB Denver-Orlando 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:50 am

If you like it for both teams, vote yes please.
If you don't think both teams would make the trade, crush my soul and vote no please.

Orlando receives Barton
Denver receives Hezonja

Denver's dealing a solid player for a gamble on the future. Hezonja might make a decent bench SF, maybe a starter someday. If Denver doesn't like him, they've given up an expiring that will cost for an expiring that won't hurt.

Orlando could use a versatile player. Barton can play some SF and some PG while being a true SG. Orlando might have to pay a lot to retain him at the end of the year.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,551

Re: KOTB Denver-Orlando 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:12 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:If you like it for both teams, vote yes please.
If you don't think both teams would make the trade, crush my soul and vote no please.

Orlando receives Barton
Denver receives Hezonja

Denver's dealing a solid player for a gamble on the future. Hezonja might make a decent bench SF, maybe a starter someday. If Denver doesn't like him, they've given up an expiring that will cost for an expiring that won't hurt.

Orlando could use a versatile player. Barton can play some SF and some PG while being a true SG. Orlando might have to pay a lot to retain him at the end of the year.

I have Barton worth considerably more than Hezonja. Am I missing something?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:If you like it for both teams, vote yes please.

Orlando receives Barton
Denver receives Hezonja

I have Barton worth considerably more than Hezonja. Am I missing something?

I think Barton is expendable for the Nuggets. They have 4 young guards and he's only a partial fit at SF because of his size. As I said, he's a bit of a gamble in terms of what he's contract will be. Meanwhile Hezonja will not be much of a gamble and he could become a good sharp-shooter off the bench. I surely wouldn't mind Orlando adding a distant future 1st or any 2nd. ;-)
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:11 pm

yeah I'm struggling to see why Denver downgrades with no real upside here since Mario's option didn't get picked up. I definitely think Orlando would add something to see if they can get their wheels back on this year. But I think Denver really wants back in the playoffs and this would hurt that.

Sorry but have to go KOTB no because of Denver
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,549

Post#5 » by Alatan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Kotb No

Why in the world would you want Hezonja on the team, let alone give up Barton for him...
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#6 » by BullyKing » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:53 pm

KOTB no. Barton can at least do some things well.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:02 pm

Kotb : no
Hezonja needs to be on a team lacking a point forward that utilizes combo guards instead of a pass first trad. pg.
But they have a big named Jokic who is way to involved in orchestrating the offense for Hezonja to be effective.
He is not a catch and shoot swingman like Orlando has tried to use him as.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#8 » by OrlandoDream » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Ill will drive Mario to Denver myself.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#9 » by j-ragg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Stillwater wrote:Kotb : no
Hezonja needs to be on a team lacking a point forward that utilizes combo guards instead of a pass first trad. pg.
But they have a big named Jokic who is way to involved in orchestrating the offense for Hezonja to be effective.

I’m all about calling out teams on player development but I really don’t see this as Orlando’s fault. I think he is just a case of “didn’t work hard enough on his weaknesses” and now it caught up with him.

I think for him to have any sort of career long term in the nba he’ll almost have to be a Jodie Meeks type of off the bench player. He dribbles the ball worse than middle school children. It sucks too, he looked pretty good his rookie year shooting wise but he seems to have forgotten how to do that too.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,821

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 pm

j-ragg wrote:I’m all about calling out teams on player development but I really don’t see this as Orlando’s fault. I think he is just a case of “didn’t work hard enough on his weaknesses” and now it caught up with him.

Co-sign.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 pm

j-ragg wrote:

I’m all about calling out teams on player development but I really don’t see this as Orlando’s fault. I think he is just a case of “didn’t work hard enough on his weaknesses” and now it caught up with him.

I think for him to have any sort of career long term in the nba he’ll almost have to be a Jodie Meeks type of off the bench player. He dribbles the ball worse than middle school children. It sucks too, he looked pretty good his rookie year shooting wise but he seems to have forgotten how to do that too.

he has improved his ball handling somewhat but his strength is his vision and athleticism with the ball in his hands esp in transition.
Skiles knew what Hezonja is as a player probably as he utilized him that way to some degree maybe 5 times in his rookie season but Skiles track record with rookies is not good. ,Vogel never has as far as I have seen .Hezonja is much better with the ball in his hands to get his shot in rhythm and find the cutter than he is as a catch and shoot wing despite being able to do that as well but is much better with a hand in his face than open 3's A la J.R. Smith.
Here is one clip of where you see Hezonja doing what he should be doing more of ;bringing the ball up(no 23): [url][/url]
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#12 » by getrichordie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 pm

If you wanted to trade Barton, you could get more in return. KOTB No.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#13 » by j-ragg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Stillwater wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

he has improved his ball handling somewhat but his strength is his vision and athleticism with the ball in his hands esp in transition.
Skiles knew what Hezonja is as a player probably as he utilized him that way to some degree maybe 5 times in his rookie season but Skiles track record with rookies is not good. ,Vogel never has as far as I have seen .Hezonja is much better with the ball in his hands to get his shot in rhythm and find the cutter than he is as a catch and shoot wing despite being able to do that as well but is much better with a hand in his face than open 3's A la J.R. Smith.
Here is one clip of where you see Hezonja doing what he should be doing more of ;bringing the ball up(no 23): [url][/url]

Definitely agree about his vision. But his athleticism with the ball is probably a weakness, or at least it has been the past two years. I remember summer league right after his draft was the most impressed I’ve been. I’d argue his handle has regressed if anything, he still dribbles way too high and his crossover gets ripped whenever a halfway adequate defender is on him. Not doubting your knowledge or anything but I’ve lived through this lol trust me when I say, he can’t drivble. One pick away from Porzingis damn it.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#14 » by psimanic1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:23 pm

KOTB No, as much as I wanted to get Hezonja, I think we can get him for free after the season, and now lets use Barton to either get of some bad contracts or get good pick back or get to the playoffs and then see what to do with him(sign, or S&T....)

Return to Trades and Transactions