Det-Chi

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,357

Det-Chi 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Detroit wants to make the playoffs-this move saves them some $ next year too
Chic wants to free up minutes, resolve the Niko-Bobby thing and get more assets (and tank)

Grant, Bobby, Holiday for Boban and SJohnson, plus Detroit's 2018 pick (top 10 protected)

Bulls end the year with
Dunn/Payne/Valentine
Lavine/Valentine/Nwaba
Nwaba/Johnson/Zipser
Lauri/Niko/Zipser
RoLo/Niko/Felicio-Boban

And the Bulls pray Detroit slips into the late lottery, plus their pick
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Det-Chi 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 pm

I'd rather at least get back some younger guys with starting ceilings then waste it on some vet for sure. If he's dead set on a trade involving a 1st than I can probably live with it. Take back Leuer though instead :lol:
pipfan
RealGM

Post#3 » by pipfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Leuer is a no go, with his extra year. Bobby has starter upside and would fit in well. Holiday starts, but is better off the bench. Since he stopped chucking he has looked really good.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#4 » by vege » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:02 pm

Detroit probably won't make the playoffs, Grant and Holiday (like I posted several times here) are not upgrades over what we already have, they're fine players but we have several players who are similar and fit better (Kennard is better than Holiday on both sides of the floor and he is still a rookie, and Buycks is better than Grant - shockingly - and a much better fit, since he is a good scorer, and that's what we need from our 3rd PG, and that's not what Grant is, which makes him a terrible fit).

Mirotic is a good player but a terrible fit next to Harris, so unless we trade Harris to acquire talent in another position, Mirotic would be terrible.

So, why would Detroit trade a lottery pick, for 2 players who won't play at all, and another player who is a bad fit, while giving up 2 players who even if they're not great, they have a role in our team and since it's a 3 for 2 trade and we have a full roster, so we would need to release another player who is part of our rotation.

Then to make things even better, we would be taking on money next season, and not saving. I have no idea why you think Detroit would be saving money if they're adding Mirotic 12.5 million, Holiday 4.4 million and Grant 2.6 million, while they're sending Boban 7 million and SJ 3.9 million.

Detroit is sending 11 million in salaries out next season and taking on 19.5. They would add 8.5 million, how is that saving money next season?

This whole trade idea makes absolutely no sense to Detroit.

If it's Leuer and a lotto protected or top 20 protected 1st for Niko, I woudn't be disgruntled, wouldn't be happy either but anything other than that is just terrible and makes no sense for Detroit.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#5 » by pipfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm

I think you misread it-it is bobby P going out, not Niko

And Detroit wants to make the playoffs, and this helps. Holiday is playing the 3 for us, and can play there for you too. I don't know much about Kennard, but Holiday is playing well-I doubt (atm) he is better than JHoliday
vege
RealGM

Post#6 » by vege » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:33 pm

ops, yes, sorry :lol:

Detroit still is not trading a lotto pick SJ and waive a rotation player for Portis for the reasons I explained on my post.

Detroit would only save 1.5 million, that's absolutely nothing.
vege
RealGM

Post#7 » by vege » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 pm

pipfan wrote:I think you misread it-it is bobby P going out, not Niko

And Detroit wants to make the playoffs, and this helps. Holiday is playing the 3 for us, and can play there for you too. I don't know much about Kennard, but Holiday is playing well-I doubt (atm) he is better than JHoliday

Kennard been playing some 3 and Bullock is better than both of them at the 3, so Holiday wouldn't see the court.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#8 » by pipfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:58 pm

If my math is correct-Holiday, Portis and Grant are $9 million next year

Boban and Johnson are $13 million (Boban's salary jumps)

So $4 million is not bad. Plus, calling Johnson a lotto pick is accurate, but misleading. He clearly has very little value at this point-not in the main rotation from what I see (unless he's hurt)

Holiday is a very solid wing-SVG would like him. Grant is filler, until Jackson gets back he can help. Bobby might start by next year there (not sure if Harris would be better at the 3 or 4)

Plus, Detroit should make the playoffs-this deal helps
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,321

Post#9 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:15 am

"Lotto pick SJ"

Here's an appropriate argument to make when using the above phrase:

"Nowadays the value of draft picks is often exaggerated. While picks in the lottery give you a seemingly better chance at the best players, these picks often flop and you end up with a Lotto pick like Stanley Johnson."
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 731

Post#10 » by A_dub06 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 am

Vomit

We aren’t trading away our 1st round pick for a package centred around Portis and a small amount of cap space (which can’t even use due to pretty much being capped out). The ONLY way the bulls will get our 1st round pick is if they take on Leuer and make it Mirotic coming our way, not Portis. Also, bringing in Holiday and Grant do nothing for us as we have Ish playing backup already and a rookie that needs minutes in Kennard. Easy pass

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
vege
RealGM

Post#11 » by vege » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:10 am

pipfan wrote:If my math is correct-Holiday, Portis and Grant are $9 million next year

Boban and Johnson are $13 million (Boban's salary jumps)

So $4 million is not bad. Plus, calling Johnson a lotto pick is accurate, but misleading. He clearly has very little value at this point-not in the main rotation from what I see (unless he's hurt)

Holiday is a very solid wing-SVG would like him. Grant is filler, until Jackson gets back he can help. Bobby might start by next year there (not sure if Harris would be better at the 3 or 4)

Plus, Detroit should make the playoffs-this deal helps

Boban salary is 7 million. He will get paid 12 million in cash, but cap hit is 7million.

This deal doesn't help Detroit.
Holiday is worse than Kennard and Bullock and they're both 2-3`s.
Grant is bad offensively, Buycks is a better fit than him.
Portis sent Mirotic to the hospital, he would start for us this season, he is good on the court, I wouldn't touch him at all because what happened.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#12 » by pipfan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm

Got it on Boban-that makes sense

I think you would like Holiday. And Portis hit someone-lots of players have done it. His teammates all supported him (word is Niko started it)

Return to Trades and Transactions