POR-DET-CHA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bravor
Starter
And1: 737

POR-DET-CHA 

Post#1 » by bravor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 pm

I was thinking about this one as it fixes some issues for everyone (more or less)

It works on trade machine

The main idea being
    Geting a long term center in Portland
    Elite or close to elite sg to Detroit
    defensive minded sg to Charlotte

So basically it would be :
POR trades Nurkic/Mc Collum
POR gets Drummond/Lamb

DET trades Drummond/Bradley
DET gets MC Collum/Nurkic

CHA trades Lamb
CHA gets Bradley

Ofc i am doing this thinking that Bradley and Nurkic would remain with their new team on team friendly contracts.

Not saying it's perfect, but at least Portland would finally decide between Lillard & Mc Collum and have a good defender to play along Lillard (Harkless?) and a scoring punch from bench with Lamb. And add the defensive center they have looking for during years.
Detroit would get rid of Drummond (even though he improved) and get a promising rookie at C (with much better offense obviously) and get the starter level sg they have been looking for
Charlotte would get a close to perfect fit to Kemba at sg with some chances to sign him to a fair contract in the off season.

Shoot me if i messed up something (and sorry if someone posted this idea already) :lol:
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,463

Re: POR-DET-CHA 

Post#2 » by Myth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Seems fair for Portland. Value is right, so I think it will just come down to personal opinion from there. Portland would then be in a position to desperately get somebody who can score on the wing, but the building block of Drummond/Lillard could be interesting.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#3 » by Kilo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Not sure why Charlotte needs to be in this deal. If Bradley is signing a "fair contract" he'd fit well in Portland beside Lillard, and he's from Tacoma Washington, a couple hours north of Portland - so he'd be going "home" in a way.

That being said, I don't think Detroit trades Drummond anymore. Not sure a Jackson/McCollum backcourt works either.

Jackson
McCollum
Bullock
Harris
Nurkic

That ain't making much noise, not even guaranteed the playoffs.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#4 » by vege » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Detroit has one untouchable player, and that's Drummond and after this trade the team is a lot worse than before, to make things even better.
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#5 » by bravor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm

vege wrote:Detroit has one untouchable player, and that's Drummond and after this trade the team is a lot worse than before, to make things even better.

Worst than barely fighting for play offs ?

the idea came from watching some reactions of fans from Detroit who were pi**d by Drummond and the trade rumor about Fournier (and Mc Collum is quite better than Fournier).
Plus you get nurkic who is certainly not a bad player, even defensively (and don't need to bring the offense & pnr upgrade).

I was thinking it would be harder to swallow for Blazers (who needs defense but not necessary a liability in offense in Stotts system) considering who they would give up, but if the majority of Detroit fans hate this, shrug.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#6 » by vege » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm

bravor wrote:
vege wrote:Detroit has one untouchable player, and that's Drummond and after this trade the team is a lot worse than before, to make things even better.

the idea came from watching some reactions of fans from Detroit who were pi**d by Drummond and the trade rumor about Fournier (and Mc Collum is quite better than Fournier).
Plus you get nurkic who is certainly not a bad player, even defensively (and don't need to bring the offense & pnr upgrade).

I was thinking it would be harder to swallow for Blazers (who needs defense but not necessary a liability in offense in Stotts system) considering who they would give up, but if the majority of Detroit fans hate this, shrug.

Yeap. That lineup would play 0 defense and wouldn't fit well offensivelly. Would be much worse than what we have right now. Jackson and CJ on the back court? LMAO.

Tobias and Nurkic? Drummond has been a great defensive player this season and Tobias is still getting exposed, imagine next to Nurkic who is ok, but is not Drummond :crazy:

That team wouldn't even fight for playoffs, it would be a more expensive team which means we would be deep into the LT and would be a lotto team for the next few years, untill everyone expires.

Drummond is having an amazing year. He is posting crazy defensive numbers this year and his FT% increase is making him an ok offensive player. He is an all-star caliber player right now and will probably make one of the all defensive teams this season. You just don't trade a player like that, you add pieces and build around him. Especially if you are Detroit and you're a terrible FA destination.
Kevin6CD
Senior
And1: 198

Post#7 » by Kevin6CD » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:55 pm

bravor wrote:

No reasonable, logical Pistons fan hates Drummond. He's fixed the items that everyone used to whine about and added passing to his skillset. 14/15/4 per night, solid efficiency, top 20 PER and improving defense. I wouldn't move Drummond for anything shy of a top five pick in this draft or an established young player.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Post#8 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 pm

Portland is a pretty equal to slightly better defensive team than Detroit though. Is it because our wing defense is so much better? Certainly our guards are not much help.

I have no doubt Drummond is a very good defender but Nurkic has also had a huge influence on that end and at least last year the on/off wasn't pretty for Andre. I'm just not convinced there is a big enough difference defensively for what we give up offensively.

Return to Trades and Transactions