Cavs blow it up

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Cavs blow it up 

Post#1 » by SportsInfoBar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:51 pm

If I were Gilbert, I would go to Lebron NOW and ask for commitment. If he does not give one, then I tell him we are blowing it up NOW.

Assuming NO commitment from Lebron.

Jazz in: Love, Shump, Calderon
Jazz out: Favors, Sefalosha, Hood, Joe Johnson, Jazz 2018 #1

Jazz get the perfect complement to Gobert for expirings and their 1st.

Blazers in: Crowder
Blazers out: Harkless, Blazers 2018 #1 (maybe put top 8 protection on this pick?)

Blazers get a good cost controlled player and get under lux tax.

Cavs in: Favors, Johnson, Harkless, Sefalosha, Hood. Jazz 2018 #1,Blazers 2018 #1
Cavs out: Love, Crowder, Shump, Calderon

Cavs would probably still field a decent team. But this would give us a big jump start on a rebuild. 4 first round picks with. Two in the lottery, one probably top 20--and who knows with this deal our pick may end up top 20 also.

We could probably move Korver for another late 1st to a team who could use a shooter OR maybe package him with TT to dump him.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,490

Cavs blow it up 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Edit- Scratch thought favors was having a much better season for some reason..

The Utah deal, I'd probably do if I felt Lebron was leaving but wanted to try and keep him while getting an asset.. The return is a mixed bag of matching GS and youth, seems the right way to walk the line.

Utah.. Value feels rough.. I think are closer to trading for firsts than trading firsts.. And if they are trading firsts- then it should be for someone 4-5 years younger than KLove.. But maybe the perfect fit and Mitchell's amazing start make Utah feel they don't need a down season.

For Portland, I guess I'd do it for Cleveland's side with/without commitment.. Seems it would cost Gilbert a lot of money this season (and next if Bron does stay) but that first might be used, with other assets, to turn Thompson+Shump/JR into an actual good player if Bron does stay..
JHFVF07
Rookie
And1: 895

Re: Cavs blow it up 

Post#3 » by JHFVF07 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 pm

I would like to see something like:

-IT+Osman+Zizic+fillers for Cousins(if he doesnt sign an extension with NOP till deadline).

Nop would part with Cousins while geting 2 young players and taking a look in IT(who will take the best offer, next FA).

-Then K Love+their own 1st for McCollum. Portland would save some money, while beting in Love being a better piece to pair next to Lillard.

Cavs team:

McCollum(signed long term).
JR Smith
Crowder
Lebron
Cousins

While keeping the Nets pick.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#4 » by R-DAWG » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:28 pm

SportsInfoBar wrote:If I were Gilbert, I would go to Lebron NOW and ask for commitment. If he does not give one, then I tell him we are blowing it up NOW.

Blazers out: Harkless, Blazers 2018 #1 (maybe put top 8 protection on this pick?)

Cavs in: Favors, Johnson, Harkless, Sefalosha, Hood. Jazz 2018 #1,Blazers 2018 #1

Cavs would probably still field a decent team. But this would give us a big jump start on a rebuild. 4 first round picks with. Two in the lottery, one probably top 20--and who knows with this deal our pick may end up top 20 also.

We could probably move Korver for another late 1st to a team who could use a shooter OR maybe package him with TT to dump him.

So what's the play? Clear the books next offseason and allow Lebron to recruit free agents to Cleveland? Worst case have an infusion of young talent? It's an interesting thought process. Use a pick to move TT, move a pick to move JR, move Korver and don't take on Harkless. Start the offseason with $82MM in cap space.

But your basically wasting a year of Lebron with no guarantee that he resigns or that you get anything for him. So the question is do you flip Lebron to one of the few teams that he can win a championship with and hope to sign him back next summer and get some value for him?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm

This is really dumb. It's too late to tank. The most important aspects of all of these deals will be available on draft day when the Cavs would actually know which picks are there. A team like the Suns might put together a better offer for Love. Pelicans might put together a better offer for Crowder. The Cavs are unnecessarily assuming risk here and the Cavs really aren't gaining any additional compensation for doing so.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#6 » by nzahir » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:12 pm

jbk1234 wrote:This is really dumb. It's too late to tank. The most important aspects of all of these deals will be available on draft day when the Cavs would actually know which picks are there. A team like the Suns might put together a better offer for Love. Pelicans might put together a better offer for Crowder. The Cavs are unnecessarily assuming risk here and the Cavs really aren't gaining any additional compensation for doing so.

Why would the suns want love? They arent good enough yet. I honest dont know what team really needs/could use love and give us back a decent deal
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:23 pm

nzahir wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This is really dumb. It's too late to tank. The most important aspects of all of these deals will be available on draft day when the Cavs would actually know which picks are there. A team like the Suns might put together a better offer for Love. Pelicans might put together a better offer for Crowder. The Cavs are unnecessarily assuming risk here and the Cavs really aren't gaining any additional compensation for doing so.

Why would the suns want love? They arent good enough yet. I honest dont know what team really needs/could use love and give us back a decent deal

Love's posting 20 ppg and 10 rpg. There are a bunch of teams that would want that production out of the PF position. As far as why the Suns would want him, teams don't like to rebuild too long. At some point, you've got to start putting talent around a guy like Booker in order to get some Ws. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble. You don't think that the Sixers who are dying to make the playoffs with their young core, or the Lakers if they aren't as successful in F.A. as they hope, wouldn't want to trade for Love?

BTW - if LBJ leaves, and you put Love on the block, you get back the best asset you can even if you've got to take back a bad contract. It's better to have three or four really good young players in the summer of 2020 with bad contracts coming off the books then it is to have a bubble team for the next three years.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#8 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:29 pm

IF I'm blowing it up, my first move is trading Lebron. So, add on there something like Lebron for Hayward, Smart, Memphis 1st, LAL 1st.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#9 » by mademan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 pm

All hear trades can be done in the summer. After another possible finals appearance
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#10 » by nzahir » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Is it possible to get AD if Boston wont move Tatum?
Build around Boogie instead.

Love, Nets Pick, Crowder, Cedi, 1-2 first rounders, Second rounders, Zizic for AD and Asik?
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Re: RE: Cavs blow it up 

Post#11 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 pm

SportsInfoBar wrote:If I were Gilbert, I would go to Lebron NOW and ask for commitment. If he does not give one, then I tell him we are blowing it up NOW.

Thoughts on Cleveland tacking on a trade with Charlotte:

Dwight Howard and Batum for Jr Smith, TT, and Frye?

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
chris4celts
Junior
And1: 313

Post#12 » by chris4celts » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:IF I'm blowing it up, my first move is trading Lebron. So, add on there something like Lebron for Hayward, Smart, Memphis 1st, LAL 1st.

Boston says No.

1. Kyrie left Cleveland to AVOID Lebron.

2. Lebron is going on 35. Celtics keep Hayward and build a dynasty.

3. Lebron dominates the ball. Stevens likes the ball to move.
chris4celts
Junior
And1: 313

Post#13 » by chris4celts » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 pm

nzahir wrote:Is it possible to get AD if Boston wont move Tatum?
Build around Boogie instead.

Love, Nets Pick, Crowder, Cedi, 1-2 first rounders, Second rounders, Zizic for AD and Asik?

Hahahahaha

Return to Trades and Transactions