Cavs/Lac

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Cavs/Lac 

Post#1 » by bgrep14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 pm

Cle: JR, TT, Cedi, Zizic, Cavs 1st.

Lac: Lou Williams and Deandre Jordan

Clippers get a couple starters and 3 prospects for two guys they may lose at years end anyways.

Cavs Get some upgrades and keep brooklyn pick
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Cavs/Lac 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 pm

This is dreadful for L.A.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,584

Post#3 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Just beyond horrible for the Clippers.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,095

Post#4 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Replace the Cavs 1st with the BKN 1st and we're getting somewhere.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#5 » by ejftw » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:54 pm

There isn't a single starter the Clippers get here, nor any good prospects.
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#6 » by Bakuto » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 pm

This isn't close. TT and JR aren't assets. The rest of the trade doesn't fix this.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#7 » by R-DAWG » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:16 pm

ejftw wrote:There isn't a single starter the Clippers get here, nor any good prospects.

JR Smith has been to 3 straight finals, just saying.
NBA blocks the trade because we need to see a JR vs Swaggy P finals.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#8 » by ejftw » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
ejftw wrote:There isn't a single starter the Clippers get here, nor any good prospects.

So he tied Stanislav Medvedenko?
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#9 » by R-DAWG » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 pm

ejftw wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:

So he tied Stanislav Medvedenko?

In taking his shirt off in public, getting the pipe, or untying shoe laces?
clippertown
Veteran
And1: 935

Post#10 » by clippertown » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:38 pm

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:47 pm

At a minimum, you've got to take TT out (which really negates a primary motivation for the Cavs). But Shump/JR/Frye plus assets represents an expiring contract this year and two next year. At least then you're not asking them to take on additional guaranteed money.

FWIW if DeAndre isn't traded, the nightmare scenario for the Clippers is that he opts in and then asks for a buy out. There's obviously something going on with him and he's not getting the type of money he's making now on his next deal.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#12 » by QRich3 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 am

jbk1234 wrote:FWIW if DeAndre isn't traded, the nightmare scenario for the Clippers is that he opts in and then asks for a buy out. There's obviously something going on with him and he's not getting the type of money he's making now on his next deal.

Why on earth would he do that? who has ever done that in the history of the league? and what indication would you have that he's so unhappy in LA to do something like that.

Honestly, it seems like everyone around here wants to see Deandre as worth barely anything, but everyone wants to trade for him still. I'm pretty sure he has a lot more value than what people give him around here (a lot of bad salary and a late 1st, and such), and it'll show if he gets traded eventually. A lot of people will be outraged at how much team X gave for him.

And still, I see him re-signing here for 4 more years as the most likely scenario of all.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,929

Post#13 » by jayu70 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 pm

QRich3 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:FWIW if DeAndre isn't traded, the nightmare scenario for the Clippers is that he opts in and then asks for a buy out. There's obviously something going on with him and he's not getting the type of money he's making now on his next deal.

Why on earth would he do that? who has ever done that in the history of the league? and what indication would you have that he's so unhappy in LA to do something like that.

Honestly, it seems like everyone around here wants to see Deandre as worth barely anything, but everyone wants to trade for him still. I'm pretty sure he has a lot more value than what people give him around here (a lot of bad salary and a late 1st, and such), and it'll show if he gets traded eventually. A lot of people will be outraged at how much team X gave for him.

And still, I see him re-signing here for 4 more years as the most likely scenario of all.

DWade did that in Chicago this year.
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#14 » by vct33 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm not debating the value of the return in the trade but I like both Osman and Zizic. Cleveland is notoriosly bad at developing their young guys but I think both of these guys are 10+ year rotational players at minimum.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#15 » by QRich3 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 pm

jayu70 wrote:
QRich3 wrote:

DWade did that in Chicago this year.

Not the same thing as implied by jbk though, Wade opted in on a playoff team with his superstar buddy still on the roster, and the Bulls then proceeded to trade that star and field a tanking roster, which ended in a mutually beneficial buyout 3 months later. Wade could not be traded for value either, which would not be Jordan's case. He's implying the Clippers should better trade DJ for peanuts now, in case he throws a hissy fit and tries to con them out of $24M, which is something that's never gonna happen.

Return to Trades and Transactions