Knickerbockers / Cavaliers / Bulls

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,779

Knickerbockers / Cavaliers / Bulls 

Post#1 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 pm

NYK Out: Noah, CHI 2nd, pick swap
NYK In: Shumpert, Felicio, pick swap

CLE Out: Shumpert, pick swap
CLE In: Holiday, pick swap

CHI out: Holiday, Felicio, pick swap
CHI in: Noah, CHI 2nd, pick swap

For the pick swap of BKN, NYK, and CHI 2018 1sts:

Chicago gets the best of the three picks (could be BKN or CHI pick, unlikely to be NYK pick)
Cleveland gets the second best (could be BKN or CHI pick, very unlikely to be NYK pick)
New York gets the worst (very likely to be their own)

Thoughts?
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Re: Knickerbockers / Cavaliers / Bulls 

Post#2 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Knicks aren't getting out of Noah's deal that easily. That's like $30M more than Schump.
gardenofsound
Starter

Post#3 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Knicks aren't getting out of Noah's deal that easily. That's like $30M more than Schump.

What should they add, and who should it be going to? I'm sure the Bulls would love their 2018 1st outright, but I suspect that's completely off the table.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#4 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 pm

This is pretty bad for Cleveland. You really think they’re gonna move down in this draft to turn Shumpert into Holiday? The Knicks should be trading their 1st outright and maybe more if they want to dump Noah.

You’re doing your own team a disservice here.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:Knicks aren't getting out of Noah's deal that easily. That's like $30M more than Schump.

What should they add, and who should it be going to?

Your own Bulls. That swap isn't likely to help them that much.

On edit - didn't realize that was the Brooklyn pick.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Post#6 » by DowJones » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Cavs obviously decline
gardenofsound
Starter

Post#7 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:This is pretty bad for Cleveland. You really think they’re gonna move down in this draft to turn Shumpert into Holiday? The Knicks should be trading their 1st outright and maybe more if they want to dump Noah.

I won't necessarily disagree with the 2nd statement about doing the Bulls a disservice.

As for this being bad for Cleveland, as proposed, the worst realistic scenario has them getting the Bulls pick, which is still likely a mid lotto pick (in a similar range to Brooklyn), particularly assuming that Mirotic is traded also.

It's very likely that, after the lottery, the Cavs still have the BKN pick. I think it's unlikely the Cavs lose more than 2 spots in the draft order.

How does this balance it?

CHI Out: Felicio, Holiday
CHI In: Noah, NYK 1st, best of BKN/CHI 1sts

CLE Out: Shumpert
CLE In: Holiday, worse of BKN/CHI 1sts, CHI 2nd

NYK Out: Noah
NYK In: Shumpert, Felicio, NYK 1st, CHI 2nd
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#8 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm

Right now Nets #8, Bulls #9, Knicks #12.
gardenofsound
Starter

Post#9 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Right now Nets #8, Bulls #9, Knicks #12.

Edited my post preceding yours.

gardenofsound wrote:How does this balance it?

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#10 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:This is pretty bad for Cleveland. You really think they’re gonna move down in this draft to turn Shumpert into Holiday? The Knicks should be trading their 1st outright and maybe more if they want to dump Noah.

I won't necessarily disagree with the 2nd statement about doing the Bulls a disservice.

As for this being bad for Cleveland, as proposed, the worst realistic scenario has them getting the Bulls pick, which is still likely a mid lotto pick (in a similar range to Brooklyn), particularly assuming that Mirotic is traded also.

It's very likely that, after the lottery, the Cavs still have the BKN pick. I think it's unlikely the Cavs lose more than 2 spots in the draft order.

This one works IMO. Can’t let the Knicks get out of their mistakes that easy.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#11 » by HoopsterJones » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:20 pm

This is a hard no from the Cavs prospective.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#12 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 pm

The only way the Bulls are even remotely interested is if they add a 1st round pick and it better be a single digit pick because Noah is just an expensive towel waver that they have no use for.

How does someone list a trade where CHI gets their own pick? Where in the hell is the swap in that?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:30 pm

DowJones wrote:Cavs obviously decline

Yeah after this season, Shump & JR become $25 million in expiring contracts. Couple them with the Brooklyn pick and see what's available.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gardenofsound
Starter

Post#14 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:29 pm

ChettheJet wrote:The only way the Bulls are even remotely interested is if they add a 1st round pick and it better be a single digit pick because Noah is just an expensive towel waver that they have no use for.

How does someone list a trade where CHI gets their own pick? Where in the hell is the swap in that?

New York owns Chicago's 2018 2nd rounder, if you're looking at the initial post. I'm not fully sure what you're talking about otherwise.

Check the revised offer. Bulls get the better of a pick swap with Brooklyn AND New York's pick.

jbk1234 wrote:

Yeah after this season, Shump & JR become $25 million in expiring contracts. Couple them with the Brooklyn pick and see what's available.

JR Smith's contract is through the 2019-2020 season. Shump, with player option exercised, is through 2018-2019 season. Holiday is through 2018-2019 season.

HoopsterJones wrote:This is a hard no from the Cavs prospective.

Why though? They get a projected high second rounder, and the loss of 1st round draft position is likely to be minimal if at all. The Bulls are actively shopping Mirotic, Grant, Holiday, and RoLo. They're not going to get better, even with LaVine back, because you still need to play defense to win. There's a very good chance that BKN ends up being a better team (thus worse draft position) than Chicago anyways.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:36 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:The only way the Bulls are even remotely interested is if they add a 1st round pick and it better be a single digit pick because Noah is just an expensive towel waver that they have no use for.

New York owns Chicago's 2018 2nd rounder, if you're looking at the initial post. I'm not fully sure what you're talking about otherwise.

Check the revised offer. Bulls get the better of a pick swap with Brooklyn AND New York's pick.

jbk1234 wrote:

JR Smith's contract is through the 2019-2020 season. Shump, with player option exercised, is through 2018-2019 season. Holiday is through 2018-2019 season.

Why though? They get a projected high second rounder, and the loss of 1st round draft position is likely to be minimal if at all. The Bulls are actively shopping Mirotic, Grant, Holiday, and RoLo. They're not going to get better, even with LaVine back, because you still need to play defense to win. There's a very good chance that BKN ends up being a better team (thus worse draft position) than Chicago anyways.

Only three million of JR's last year is guaranteed. He's essentially expiring next summer. As to why no because the difference between Shump's contract and Holiday's contract isn't worth that much.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#16 » by HoopsterJones » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:37 pm

gardenofsound wrote:

jbk1234 wrote:

The pick swap needs to be viewed objectively in terms of value. Especially this year’s draft.

As it currently stands, BKN pick is the better pick. The Bulls have been trending upwards (14-7 in last 21 games). They also just got LaVine back.

The opportunity cost of swapping Holiday for Shumpert arguably nets the Cavs a better player right now for less money. In my opinion he does not move the needle all that much. He’s somewhat redundant and will likely play maybe 20 mpg? They still have to play Korver, JR Smith, Wade minutes too.

The BKN pick is the Cavs best trade asset by a mile. If they part with it, it needs to be for an impact player. In my opinion.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#17 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 am

gardenofsound wrote:

There is no way NYK trade their 1st & CHI 2nd and have to take Shumpert & Felicio. It's not like either of the two are any good.
Noah will be off the books in 2 year. NYK are not winning anything in 2 year anyway.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#18 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:50 am

This is horrendous or the Bulls. They take on Noah, give up a second, and don’t even add a first. Granted they move Felicio, but that doesn’t even come close to making up for the inequity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Trades and Transactions