Jabari: Nearly Traded @ Deadline, Unlikely to Stay with Bucks

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Re: RE: Re: Jabari: Nearly Traded @ Deadline, Unlikely to Stay with Bucks 

Post#81 » by Wizop » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Pacers would be a lot of fun with him.
if he agreed to take less than Victor.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Jabari: Nearly Traded @ Deadline, Unlikely to Stay with Bucks 

Post#82 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:39 am

GimmeDat wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2765774-jabari-parker-trade-rumors-bucks-very-very-close-to-dealing-star-at-deadline?share=other

During a radio interview on 105.7 The Fan's Chuck & Winkler, Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times said Parker was "very, very close to being traded at the deadline."

Woelfel also added he feels there is a "slim to none" chance Parker will be on the Bucks next year.

Per Woelfel, Parker will seek a max contract when he signs his next deal.

ESPN.com's Zach Lowe reported the Bucks made a contract offer to Parker for $54 million over three years when they were negotiating last October.

Didn't see this posted anywhere else. Where do you see Jabari next season? I can't see him getting anywhere near the max tbh.

I would've said Utah, but I'm not sure what their cap situation is. They've got to re-sign Exum and Favors as well.

I think the Bulls could very likely be in play, but only if they trade Portis in the off-season.

I’m not sure the Bulls make sense with Lauri looking best as a PF and Portis backing him up. You can’t play Parker with either of those guys as the 4/5, it would be a defensive nightmare. That’s not to say they wouldn’t try and bring JP home, but they shouldn’t.

Utah makes more sense. I think they’re ready to move on form Exum and they could decide to go with the younger Parker over Favors. Gobert would pretty much be the exact Center he needs.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#83 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:54 am

The_Hater wrote:Utah makes more sense. I think they’re ready to move on form Exum and they could decide to go with the younger Parker over Favors. Gobert would pretty much be the exact Center he needs.

Utah is definately not ready to move on from Exum. He'll be in a Jazz uni next year.

As for Jabari, his defense really doesn't fit with what Utah is trying to build. I think they might be interested in him at the right price, but I don't see that being a realistic scenario. Somebody is going to gamble on throwing some money at him and I think the bucks match anything reasonable. I definately don't see Utah trading assets for the right to match a big offer.

There have been suggestions of a double S&T with Favors, and that's really the only scenario that seems reasonable to me. Even then, I'm just not sure Utah wants to target a player who is a serious liability on the defensive end.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,739

Post#84 » by AussieBuck » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:04 am

Would do the Favors swap.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#85 » by nolang1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 am

skones wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
In that case you're arguing something mostly irrelevant to doing what helps a team win basketball games. Last season Parker had an ORPM of 0.83 compared to Harris' 1.17. You can twist it around to say that stat is bad and Parker is actually better because "he gets moar buckets" but the fact that it's close and Parker is objectively much worse on defense makes it a moot point.

I really do think that in three years both players will be mostly similar, assuming Parker stays healthy. Both players are above-average scorers who aren't great defenders, rebounders, or creators. Harris can definitely shoot better and will still be in his prime three years from now. I liked the Clippers getting Harris as it got them out of the Blake Griffin deal, but if they were trying to pay him a max or considering him a future star player that would be idiotic. I also would've liked it from the Bucks' perspective to have included Parker in a package for DeAndre Jordan, but that didn't happen because of people people like you who look at points per game and think Parker is some Joel Embiid-like superstar talent who would justify the massive injury risk, likely big contract on a team that has plenty of bad ones already, and poor fit with Giannis going forward.

So here we are a month or so after the deadline with a Milwaukee home loss that knocked them down to the 8 seed, with DeAndre dominating the offensive glass en route to a 20-20 game and Jabari being minus 8 for the game while scoring an empty 20 points (8 of those came in the last 8 minutes of the game, at which point the Clippers were firmly in control).

I was refuting a single point. I wasn't stating Jabari is currently some impact player, but hey, I guess condescending "people like you" like to reach for conclusions, project reasoning onto others, and just remove context. Shouldn't be surprised with your baseless repeating of the old "poor fit with Giannis" narrative that's been peddled around RealGM for the last three years but never had any factual basis to it.

It's not about "moar points" it's about him becoming an elite scorer who happens to be paired with a true superstar in Giannis. I'd love for you to show me a list of guys who averaged 20 and 6 on similar efficiency in their age 21 season and tell me Jabari isn't in rare air. Let me know if what you find is merely "above average." I'd love for you to tell me that despite missing an entire year of development at such a young age, it wasn't highly encouraging for him to make a leap into that season very quickly. I'd love for you to tell me that it's reasonable to expect a guy 20 games into his return from a 2nd ACL tear should be required to put a dysfunctional team on his back and carry them to victory without their best player. I'd love for you to tell me that at age 21, Tobias Harris was producing at the level Parker was last season.

This is about gambling on Jabari's talent level and health, hoping he becomes an impactful enough offensive player in the NBA to offset his deficiencies on the defensive end (where you also hope he steadily improves), and the flashes he's shown in creating for others becomes a more prominent in his repertoire.

I guess it's easy for "people like you" just choose to ignore a myriad of examples as it pertains to elite scorers who've made themselves into positive impact players despite tremendous shortcomings on the defensive end.

Jabari Parker with a -15 and 0 points in 10 minutes tonight. Yeah I'd rather have had DeAndre Jordan. Parker can improve a ton from here and still just be an average NBA player, and the Bucks are supposed to be paying $15 million a season to keep him long-term.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,301

Post#86 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 am

The_Hater wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2765774-jabari-parker-trade-rumors-bucks-very-very-close-to-dealing-star-at-deadline?share=other

During a radio interview on 105.7 The Fan's Chuck & Winkler, Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times said Parker was "very, very close to being traded at the deadline."

Woelfel also added he feels there is a "slim to none" chance Parker will be on the Bucks next year.

Per Woelfel, Parker will seek a max contract when he signs his next deal.

ESPN.com's Zach Lowe reported the Bucks made a contract offer to Parker for $54 million over three years when they were negotiating last October.

Didn't see this posted anywhere else. Where do you see Jabari next season? I can't see him getting anywhere near the max tbh.

I would've said Utah, but I'm not sure what their cap situation is. They've got to re-sign Exum and Favors as well.

I think the Bulls could very likely be in play, but only if they trade Portis in the off-season.

I’m not sure the Bulls make sense with Lauri looking best as a PF and Portis backing him up. You can’t play Parker with either of those guys as the 4/5, it would be a defensive nightmare. That’s not to say they wouldn’t try and bring JP home, but they shouldn’t.

Utah makes more sense. I think they’re ready to move on form Exum and they could decide to go with the younger Parker over Favors. Gobert would pretty much be the exact Center he needs.

Not sure where you got the impression we'd move on from Exum.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#87 » by Sactowndog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 am

spidythejoe wrote:Makes a lot of sense for a team like Sacramento who are desperate for a first option scorer. I could absolutely seen them looking to over pay to the tune of max or near max money and then let the young kids grow up together.

The thought is Sac would go after Hezonja. The interesting thing about Sac is the have teamed with Kaiser to develop a cutting edge sports medical center and supposedly have done good work with Giles. That might be attractive to Jabari.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,213

Post#88 » by skones » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 am

nolang1 wrote:
skones wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
In that case you're arguing something mostly irrelevant to doing what helps a team win basketball games. Last season Parker had an ORPM of 0.83 compared to Harris' 1.17. You can twist it around to say that stat is bad and Parker is actually better because "he gets moar buckets" but the fact that it's close and Parker is objectively much worse on defense makes it a moot point.

I really do think that in three years both players will be mostly similar, assuming Parker stays healthy. Both players are above-average scorers who aren't great defenders, rebounders, or creators. Harris can definitely shoot better and will still be in his prime three years from now. I liked the Clippers getting Harris as it got them out of the Blake Griffin deal, but if they were trying to pay him a max or considering him a future star player that would be idiotic. I also would've liked it from the Bucks' perspective to have included Parker in a package for DeAndre Jordan, but that didn't happen because of people people like you who look at points per game and think Parker is some Joel Embiid-like superstar talent who would justify the massive injury risk, likely big contract on a team that has plenty of bad ones already, and poor fit with Giannis going forward.

So here we are a month or so after the deadline with a Milwaukee home loss that knocked them down to the 8 seed, with DeAndre dominating the offensive glass en route to a 20-20 game and Jabari being minus 8 for the game while scoring an empty 20 points (8 of those came in the last 8 minutes of the game, at which point the Clippers were firmly in control).

I was refuting a single point. I wasn't stating Jabari is currently some impact player, but hey, I guess condescending "people like you" like to reach for conclusions, project reasoning onto others, and just remove context. Shouldn't be surprised with your baseless repeating of the old "poor fit with Giannis" narrative that's been peddled around RealGM for the last three years but never had any factual basis to it.

It's not about "moar points" it's about him becoming an elite scorer who happens to be paired with a true superstar in Giannis. I'd love for you to show me a list of guys who averaged 20 and 6 on similar efficiency in their age 21 season and tell me Jabari isn't in rare air. Let me know if what you find is merely "above average." I'd love for you to tell me that despite missing an entire year of development at such a young age, it wasn't highly encouraging for him to make a leap into that season very quickly. I'd love for you to tell me that it's reasonable to expect a guy 20 games into his return from a 2nd ACL tear should be required to put a dysfunctional team on his back and carry them to victory without their best player. I'd love for you to tell me that at age 21, Tobias Harris was producing at the level Parker was last season.

This is about gambling on Jabari's talent level and health, hoping he becomes an impactful enough offensive player in the NBA to offset his deficiencies on the defensive end (where you also hope he steadily improves), and the flashes he's shown in creating for others becomes a more prominent in his repertoire.

I guess it's easy for "people like you" just choose to ignore a myriad of examples as it pertains to elite scorers who've made themselves into positive impact players despite tremendous shortcomings on the defensive end.

Jabari Parker with a -15 and 0 points in 10 minutes tonight. Yeah I'd rather have had DeAndre Jordan. Parker can improve a ton from here and still just be an average NBA player, and the Bucks are supposed to be paying $15 million a season to keep him long-term.

I'm not going to allow you to bait me like a troll by digging up a post made nearly a month ago after two garbage playoff showings (you were certainly boisterous after his 35 point outburst vs. the Nuggets and the rest of his promising return to form short lived April), but hey, keep doing you guy.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#89 » by nolang1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:29 am

skones wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
skones wrote:

I'm not going to allow you to bait me like a troll by digging up a post made nearly a month ago after two garbage playoff showings (you were certainly boisterous after his 35 point outburst vs. the Nuggets), but hey, keep doing you guy.

I've watched enough of the Nuggets this year to know that if someone scored a career-high 35 points against them (10 points higher than the next-highest-scoring game of the season), it's not that big of a deal. Especially considering that Parker is so lacking in other aspects of his game that he can go -9 in a game in which he scores 35 points in 39 minutes.
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#90 » by JamesConway » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 am

Read on Twitter

Played only 15 minutes in game 1 and 10 minutes in game 2 against Boston.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#91 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 am

He's gone, no way he isn't being traded away.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,736

Post#92 » by the_process » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:03 pm

I like the double S&T for Favors idea.

Return to Trades and Transactions