What Would You Give For Lowry?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,667

What Would You Give For Lowry? 

Post#1 » by nzahir » Sat May 26, 2018 2:10 am

What would you give up for Lowry? Make sure salary matches
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,651

Re: What Would You Give For Lowry? 

Post#2 » by shrink » Sat May 26, 2018 2:26 am

I think you will be disappointed looking for offers right now.

Lowry is under-rated in an NBA filled with fantastic PG’s right now, but he’s paid over $60 mil for two years, and he could decline on the wrong side of 30. Point guard is a crowded position right now, especially after last year’s draft. Lottery teams probably prefer their young guy, and playoff teams often have either their own star, or can’t afford Lowry’s salary with lux taxes.

If I was TOR, I would rather try to deal Lowry until the next deadline, when maybe some teams will have injuries that make Lowry more desirable
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#3 » by nzahir » Sat May 26, 2018 2:37 am

shrink wrote:I think you will be disappointed looking for offers right now.

Lowry is under-rated in an NBA filled with fantastic PG’s right now, but he’s paid over $60 mil for two years, and he could decline on the wrong side of 30. Point guard is a crowded position right now, especially after last year’s draft. Lottery teams probably prefer their young guy, and playoff teams often have either their own star, or can’t afford Lowry’s salary with lux taxes.

If I was TOR, I would rather try to deal Lowry until the next deadline, when maybe some teams will have injuries that make Lowry more desirable

I am not a raps fan, just wondering. Someone told me if he was moved to cavs they would want nets pick and more. I laughed
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#4 » by Spens1 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:45 am

12th? I mean the Clippers could do a lot worse lets be honest.

The offers won't be great though, wrong side of 30 now and on a hell of a lot of money.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#5 » by DirtyDez » Sat May 26, 2018 2:51 am

Knight/Dudley/16/MIL-1st

Wouldn’t get it done but best I could do.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#6 » by nzahir » Sat May 26, 2018 3:01 am

DirtyDez wrote:Knight/Dudley/16/MIL-1st

Why would you guys even want him? Doesnt fit timeline
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#7 » by dalton749 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 am

When I look at where he would be a good fit it’s:

Detroit
Indiana
Milwaukee
Philly
Minnesota
San Antonio

I’m not sure anyone has the salary and assets to be a realistic match but out of them:

Detroit:no deal to be had
Indiana: no deal to be had
Milwaukee: Bledsoe, Henson, brogdon, 17 maybe: kind of tough because Bledsoe has to be considered filler with not a ton of value for it to make sense for either
Philly: Covington, bayless, 10, 36 with convington going to a third team like Denver for faried to Toronto and 14 to philly
Minnesota: wiggins
SAN Antonio: pau, mills, Murray, 18. Again using guys as filler.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#8 » by vege » Sat May 26, 2018 3:27 am

I wish Detroit would try to acquire him, the problem is, Reggie Jackson would have to be going out and Detroit doesn't have a lot of assets, I would't trade Drummond for Lowry, not sure if I would trade Kennard, which leaves subpar assets (SJ, Henry Ellenson and future firsts and Ish Smith's expiring contract)

It's kinda crazy, complicated and probably all 3 fanbases will hate it but

Detroit Out: Reggie Jackson / Jon Leuer / Langston Galloway / Ish Smith / Stanley Johnson / Henry Ellenson / 2019 1st
Detroit In: Kyle Lowry / Serge Ibaka's corpse

They go all in, I have no idea how they would add wing depth or a backup PG but oh well. They'd have a 3 big man rotation of Drummond/Blake/Ibaka, Luke Kennard and Reggie Bullock in the wings and Kyle Lowry at the point. If they can add depth and revive Ibaka that team could be good.

Orlando Out: Nikola Vucevic's expiring / Bismack Byiombo's corpse
Orlando In: Reggie Jackson / Jon Leuer

They gamble on Reggie Jackson's health, he would be an excellent fit for them, even tho people think he is worse than cancer, they get rid of Byiombo's albatross contract and get a not as terrible contract and not as terrible player in Jon Leuer (even tho he's been bad and is on a terrible contract)

Toronto Out: Kyle Lowry / Serge Ibaka
Toronto In: Bismack Byiombo / Nikola Vucevic (he could be sent to Washington for an asset?) / Langston Galloway / Ish Smith / Stanley Johnson (he could be sent to Denver for assets maybe combined with Ish Smith) / Henry Ellenson (he could be sent to Brooklyn or Chicago for a small asset) / Detroit 2019 1st

They turn Ibaka's terrible contract into 2 smaller bad contracts in Bismack Byiombo and Langston Galloway, they add Detroit 1st and several other minor parts that could be dealt for more assets.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#9 » by penbeast0 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:42 am

With Gortat and Mahinmi already in the fold (plus of course Jason Smith), why would Washington give an asset for Nucevic?

Unless that asset is Gortat; an aging less talented player on equivalent contract but one who plays better defense and has always been a solid pro to teach the young bigs.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#10 » by DirtyDez » Sat May 26, 2018 5:05 am

nzahir wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Knight/Dudley/16/MIL-1st

Why would you guys even want him? Doesnt fit timeline

As much as I love Ayton he needs to be in a great situation and I’ve seen trash PG’s stunt our young guys enough. I’d prefer Dragic but Lowry would be a very good player to plug in there too.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
vege
RealGM

Post#11 » by vege » Sat May 26, 2018 5:11 am

penbeast0 wrote:With Gortat and Mahinmi already in the fold (plus of course Jason Smith), why would Washington give an asset for Nucevic?

Unless that asset is Gortat; an aging less talented player on equivalent contract but one who plays better defense and has always been a solid pro to teach the young bigs.

Gortat + something for Vucevic. It's evident that Gortat and Wall hate each other, so I expect Gortat to be gone.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#12 » by pelifan » Sat May 26, 2018 5:39 am

Personally I would really consider Cousins sign and trade for Lowry if given the option.
penbeast0
And1: 8,679

Post#13 » by penbeast0 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:06 am

vege wrote:
Gortat + something for Vucevic. It's evident that Gortat and Wall hate each other, so I expect Gortat to be gone.

To be frank, while I agree Gortat is probably gone, I don't think Vucevic is a particularly good fit on a team with plenty of scoring but a lack of interior defense. I'd look for someone with less talent but more fit. And I certainly wouldn't give up anything significant for the difference between the two; not Oubre, the 1st, and for my preference, not Satoransky either.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
vege
RealGM

Post#14 » by vege » Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 pm

penbeast0 wrote:
vege wrote:

To be frank, while I agree Gortat is probably gone, I don't think Vucevic is a particularly good fit on a team with plenty of scoring but a lack of interior defense. I'd look for someone with less talent but more fit. And I certainly wouldn't give up anything significant for the difference between the two; not Oubre, the 1st, and for my preference, not Satoransky either.

Yeap the difference between them is not Oubre for sure, I don't know what kind of asset would be necessary for the swap but Washington would need to send something to make it worth for Toronto.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#15 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Teague, Aldrich, Patton, 20 for Lowry, CJ
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Re: RE: Re: What Would You Give For Lowry? 

Post#16 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat May 26, 2018 8:26 pm

vege wrote:I wish Detroit would try to acquire him, the problem is, Reggie Jackson would have to be going out and Detroit doesn't have a lot of assets, I would't trade Drummond for Lowry, not sure if I would trade Kennard, which leaves subpar assets (SJ, Henry Ellenson and future firsts and Ish Smith's expiring contract)

It's kinda crazy, complicated and probably all 3 fanbases will hate it but

Detroit Out: Reggie Jackson / Jon Leuer / Langston Galloway / Ish Smith / Stanley Johnson / Henry Ellenson / 2019 1st
Detroit In: Kyle Lowry / Serge Ibaka's corpse

They go all in, I have no idea how they would add wing depth or a backup PG but oh well. They'd have a 3 big man rotation of Drummond/Blake/Ibaka, Luke Kennard and Reggie Bullock in the wings and Kyle Lowry at the point. If they can add depth and revive Ibaka that team could be good.

Orlando Out: Nikola Vucevic's expiring / Bismack Byiombo's corpse
Orlando In: Reggie Jackson / Jon Leuer

They gamble on Reggie Jackson's health, he would be an excellent fit for them, even tho people think he is worse than cancer, they get rid of Byiombo's albatross contract and get a not as terrible contract and not as terrible player in Jon Leuer (even tho he's been bad and is on a terrible contract)

Toronto Out: Kyle Lowry / Serge Ibaka
Toronto In: Bismack Byiombo / Nikola Vucevic (he could be sent to Washington for an asset?) / Langston Galloway / Ish Smith / Stanley Johnson (he could be sent to Denver for assets maybe combined with Ish Smith) / Henry Ellenson (he could be sent to Brooklyn or Chicago for a small asset) / Detroit 2019 1st

They turn Ibaka's terrible contract into 2 smaller bad contracts in Bismack Byiombo and Langston Galloway, they add Detroit 1st and several other minor parts that could be dealt for more assets.
Toronto wouldn't want Bismack and Nikola here we have Jonas Valančiūnas and Poeltl in the fold Toronto would have the most expensive center rotation in league history.

If we could get value for Nik or Jonas back I could see it but Toronto is taking on a lot of useless players in Galloway, Johnson, Smith and Ellenson. The best thing we get is a pick but I think if this is the best offer for Lowry Toronto should just eat one year of his deal then move him as a expiring deal
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#17 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Lowry + DD for Wiggins + Teague + Aldrich + #20
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#18 » by pipfan » Sun May 27, 2018 12:22 am

a dolla

not much actually-but the Bulls would have 0 interest
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#19 » by R-DAWG » Sun May 27, 2018 5:28 pm

nzahir wrote:

I am not a raps fan, just wondering. Someone told me if he was moved to cavs they would want nets pick and more. I laughed

Although he's not worth the Nets pick, unless a package of other young players led by OG is going back to CLE, Cleveland seems to be the team where he makes the most sense in terms of them being a contender, needing a PG upgrade, having the expiring to facilitate the deal, ect. I'm not really sure what a package looks like with #8 off the table. I'm sure TOR wouldn't be thrilled with a protected pick in 2021 as the return on Lowry, but CLE doesn't have much to offer besides that.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#20 » by tiderulz » Sun May 27, 2018 5:41 pm

wow, i had to look that up. I cant believe Lowry is making $30mil/yr.

Return to Trades and Transactions