DET Rebuild/HEAT/Suns

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

DET Rebuild/HEAT/Suns 

Post#1 » by Jody Smokz » Sat May 26, 2018 3:48 pm

DET Trade: Drummond, Griffin
DET Get: Whiteside, Tyler Johnson, TJ Warren, Dragan Bender, MIA 1st

HEAT Trade: Whiteside, Tyler Johnson
HEAT Get: Griffin, Chandler

Suns Trade: Chandler, TJ Warren, Bender and MIA 2018 1st
Suns Get: Drummond

This is assuming PHX goes Doncic at 1
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Re: DET Rebuild/HEAT/Suns 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Please provide reasons why each team should make this trade per board policy.

Thanks

Chuck
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Jody Smokz
Starter

Post#3 » by Jody Smokz » Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm

DET to rebuild and clear BG off the books and gain a pick in this year's draft. Suns do this to go after an all star caliber C that fits their timeline and the Heat do this to get rid of Whiteside and see if BG can make them a bit more competitive with the other pieces still on the team.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#4 » by hcsilla » Sat May 26, 2018 4:24 pm

I highly doubt that the Suns trade this package for Drummond and rightfully so.
Jody Smokz
Starter

Post#5 » by Jody Smokz » Sat May 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Why is that? Drummond while flawed would be a quality addition. Bender 2 years in seems like he may need a change of scenery and the Suns are looking to be playoff competitive on some level next year.

hcsilla wrote:I highly doubt that the Suns trade this package for Drummond and rightfully so.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,201

Post#6 » by BBallFreak » Sat May 26, 2018 5:01 pm

I'd pass for Miami. That's not a gamble I want to take. Too much money and too injury prone.
Diamondman07
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#7 » by Diamondman07 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Heat are the only team that says yes.

Detroit is a hard no, Suns May consider...
THREE Time Dunn Elementary Paper Air Plane launch champion
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#8 » by jredsaz » Sat May 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:Why is that? Drummond while flawed would be a quality addition. Bender 2 years in seems like he may need a change of scenery and the Suns are looking to be playoff competitive on some level next year.

hcsilla wrote:I highly doubt that the Suns trade this package for Drummond and rightfully so.

Bender will be on his third coach in three years. I'm excited to see him in a suns uniform.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,067

Post#9 » by Laimbeer » Sat May 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Yeah, pretty hard no from Detroit.
Jody Smokz
Starter

Post#10 » by Jody Smokz » Sat May 26, 2018 6:21 pm

How so? They get out of BG's toxic deal and kick off a solid rebuild. The team wouldn't be good but could compete for high pick the next season with some a reclamation piece in Bender and a mid 1st, along with Kennard.

Laimbeer wrote:Yeah, pretty hard no from Detroit.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,067

Post#11 » by Laimbeer » Sat May 26, 2018 11:59 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:How so? They get out of BG's toxic deal and kick off a solid rebuild. The team wouldn't be good but could compete for high pick the next season with some a reclamation piece in Bender and a mid 1st, along with Kennard.

Laimbeer wrote:Yeah, pretty hard no from Detroit.

They just traded a first and a couple decent players for Blake, so obviously don't consider the contract toxic. And even at that, they take back Whiteside.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#12 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun May 27, 2018 7:44 am

Dre has more value than this imo. But I like Griffin to the Heat if Whiteside goes to a third team for something useful for Detroit.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#13 » by puppa bear » Sun May 27, 2018 12:29 pm

BBallFreak wrote:I'd pass for Miami. That's not a gamble I want to take. Too much money and too injury prone.

For the price we're paying, it's a gamble I'd take & one Riley would as well. Chandler could then be used as trade bait, especially as Bam and KO develop into a 1-2 punch at C.

Honestly, we'd be one more good trade away from being competitive (or getting into, & maybe out of, the second round), and still have the 2019 unprotected 1st to offer up as well.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by BBallFreak » Sun May 27, 2018 12:36 pm

puppa bear wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:I'd pass for Miami. That's not a gamble I want to take. Too much money and too injury prone.

For the price we're paying, it's a gamble I'd take & one Riley would as well. Chandler could then be used as trade bait, especially as Bam and KO develop into a 1-2 punch at C.

Honestly, we'd be one more good trade away from being competitive (or getting into, & maybe out of, the second round), and still have the 2019 unprotected 1st to offer up as well.

I guess I'm not as trusting of Blake's abilities as you are. Or rather, his ability to stay healthy.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by puppa bear » Sun May 27, 2018 2:53 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
puppa bear wrote:

I guess I'm not as trusting of Blake's abilities as you are. Or rather, his ability to stay healthy.

Yeah, the health thing is a potential issue. I feel like we have a good conditioning program & staff here, so perhaps we can find a way to help make him more durable.

My preference is to rebuild, but a deal like this, that gets us someone other players may actually want to come to Miami to play with shouldn't be scoffed at. From this we could get a wing upgrade via trade that catapults us into that second round and possibly ECF. Bare minimum it will get us more nationally televised games, and thus greater exposure - making Miami a more attractive destination again.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by BBallFreak » Sun May 27, 2018 4:01 pm

puppa bear wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
puppa bear wrote:For the price we're paying, it's a gamble I'd take & one Riley would as well. Chandler could then be used as trade bait, especially as Bam and KO develop into a 1-2 punch at C.

Yeah, the health thing is a potential issue. I feel like we have a good conditioning program & staff here, so perhaps we can find a way to help make him more durable.

My preference is to rebuild, but a deal like this, that gets us someone other players may actually want to come to Miami to play with shouldn't be scoffed at. From this we could get a wing upgrade via trade that catapults us into that second round and possibly ECF. Bare minimum it will get us more nationally televised games, and thus greater exposure - making Miami a more attractive destination again.

I just don't see Blake Griffin, on that contract, as a positive asset. I see him as a franchise crippling deal.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by puppa bear » Sun May 27, 2018 11:58 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:I guess I'm not as trusting of Blake's abilities as you are. Or rather, his ability to stay healthy.

I just don't see Blake Griffin, on that contract, as a positive asset. I see him as a franchise crippling deal.

Wall could also be seen the same - I think most supermaxes will be franchise crippling deals. Something needs to give for this team though, and this is a direction that Pat would see as viable - so I'm looking at the possible silver linings. It's either that or try to rationalise how selling the farm for DD is a good thing :D
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#18 » by Hoops23 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:43 am

This Heat fan pass on this trade.
Blake is injury prone and over paid. This is not the kind of gamble Riley will take.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#19 » by gom » Mon May 28, 2018 5:12 am

This is exactly the type of gamble Riley would make, and I'm scared. ;-)
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#20 » by A_dub06 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:58 am

I’m completely fine with the BG side of the trade but I feel we should get more for Drummond. Drummond looked really good up until we brought in Griffin and I think pairing him with a stretch 4 and decent coach will help unlock the rest of his game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Trades and Transactions