PHI/POR Dame for picks and parts.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 968

PHI/POR Dame for picks and parts. 

Post#1 » by Waynearchetype » Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Let's say the Blazers blow it up and Philly cashes in on some youth.

PDX out- Damian Lillard
PDX in - Pick #10, Fultz, Saric, Covington

PHI out - Pick #10, Fultz, Saric, Covington
PHI in - Damian Lillard

PDX does it if they decide to blow it up and go with a new youth movement. Philly does it to get one hell of a pairing next to Simmons, and should leave them with enough money to pursue another max contract.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Re: PHI/POR Dame for picks and parts. 

Post#2 » by the_process » Sat May 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Pass. Wouldn’t pay that for Kawhi, certainly not paying that for Dame.
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by Waynearchetype » Sat May 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Four quarters don't equal a dollar in terms of player talent in the nba. I would be surprised if the sixers passed on an opportunity to turn a bunch of okay assets into all-star level player, especially when it would make recruiting for the FA period so much easier. The potential to have 4 all stars on their team is something a lot of fan bases dream about (and pretty much a pass to the finals), so I'm pretty surprised by that.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#4 » by GutUNC » Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Waynearchetype wrote:Four quarters don't equal a dollar in terms of player talent in the nba. I would be surprised if the sixers passed on an opportunity to turn a bunch of okay assets into all-star level player, especially when it would make recruiting for the FA period so much easier. The potential to have 4 all stars on their team is something a lot of fan bases dream about (and pretty much a pass to the finals), so I'm pretty surprised by that.

Or they could just sign one outright over the next 2 offseasons and keep all those assets.

There's no recruiting to be done for the FA period in any real sense after this trade, they'd have about $15M to spend to try to re-fill Saric and Covington's spots and only Pick #26 to do it with.
GDTBATH
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#5 » by patman52 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Too much from Philly- that is a heavy price for Leonard - a sig overpay for Lillard.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Post#6 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 pm

Remove Fultz, I don't think anyone could agree on his value anyways. Saric/Covington/#10 is a fair ask for Lillard. Or could replace Covington with Bayless for a pick or two so Philly can keep a good wing defender.

Not sure if I would do it cuz of quality>quantity but I like those pieces and wouldn't mind sending Lillard to a situation like Philly. If we are going to trade him I want to be classy about it, and pairing him with Simmons/Embiid gives him a better shot of a championship than McCollum/Nurkic.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,257

Post#7 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sat May 26, 2018 11:31 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:Remove Fultz, I don't think anyone could agree on his value anyways. Saric/Covington/#10 is a fair ask for Lillard. Or could replace Covington with Bayless for a pick or two so Philly can keep a good wing defender.

Not sure if I would do it cuz of quality>quantity but I like those pieces and wouldn't mind sending Lillard to a situation like Philly. If we are going to trade him I want to be classy about it, and pairing him with Simmons/Embiid gives him a better shot of a championship than McCollum/Nurkic.

Wouldn't Portland want to go the other way and take Fultz/10 and drop Covington and Saric from the deal?

I like the idea behind this though, think it really work for both teams.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Waynearchetype » Sat May 26, 2018 11:59 pm

Perhaps Covington could be swapped for Bayless salary dump? I think much less than that and the Blazers would look to a different team for a better pick and young player combo. 10/Bayless/Saric/Fultz for Lillard is about as light as I could see it from the Blazers point of view.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#9 » by Downtown » Sun May 27, 2018 12:28 am

While I think Fultz could turn out better than many in here do I still don't see Portland doing this until they are sure Fultz isn't a gamble. That would likely be by next season's trade deadline, which of course knocks this years draft pick out of play.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#10 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun May 27, 2018 12:32 am

Waynearchetype wrote:Perhaps Covington could be swapped for Bayless salary dump? I think much less than that and the Blazers would look to a different team for a better pick and young player combo. 10/Bayless/Saric/Fultz for Lillard is about as light as I could see it from the Blazers point of view.

Including Covington may it hurt win now production too much for Philly.

It is hard because this deal would block Lebron (or PG?), or it is a guy Philly not Portland picked at 10.

But:
Lillard
Redick (resigned?)
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Feels like an ECF team at least.

Obviously the raw cap space plans are better and Philly could try the raw cap space in 2019, but Lillard is someone I would consider an all in trade for while McCollum is not at all.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by GutUNC » Sun May 27, 2018 12:43 am

Downtown wrote:While I think Fultz could turn out better than many in here do I still don't see Portland doing this until they are sure Fultz isn't a gamble. That would likely be by next season's trade deadline, which of course knocks this years draft pick out of play.

OK, but if Fultz is no longer a gamble, what's the motivation for the Sixers to bite then? That risk is sort of baked in to the current fictional price tag.
GDTBATH
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#12 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:03 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:Remove Fultz, I don't think anyone could agree on his value anyways. Saric/Covington/#10 is a fair ask for Lillard. Or could replace Covington with Bayless for a pick or two so Philly can keep a good wing defender.

As much as saddens me to lose Fultz it would probably be best for both Teams if Philly took out the 10th pick so We could grab one of the Bridges.

Lilard/JJ/Bridges/Simmons/Embiid

CJ/Fultz/Covington/Saric/Nurkic
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,564

Post#13 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun May 27, 2018 1:24 am

Aussiepiston1 wrote:

As much as saddens me to lose Fultz it would probably be best for both Teams if Philly took out the 10th pick so We could grab one of the Bridges.

Isn't Covington near the upper end of Bridges projection?
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#14 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:39 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Aussiepiston1 wrote:

Isn't Covington near the upper end of Bridges projection?

I've heard some people say Mikal could be the next Kawhi I'd rather take that gamble and Miles is also a wild card but I see a mis of Tatum and Brown in him.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#15 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:45 am

I'd much rather have Covington than 10 for that Philly team. Fultz, Saric, Bayless, 10, 26 for Dame.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#16 » by Wizenheimer » Sun May 27, 2018 2:37 am

I'm a Blazer fan but I'd hate it if they traded Dame and kept CJ...that would suck and this package isn't nearly enough. Any team that has CJ as the #1 option is going absolutely nowhere, and they'd be boring as well
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#17 » by Norm2953 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:02 am

I'd pass on this deal if I were Portland for 10 and spare parts is nowhere near enough for Lillard.

I must be missing something but I don't get the interest from Lebron into wanting to go to Philadelphia.
One would think at this point in his career, he'd be more interested in going to team with veteran
players that can compete for a championship in 2019. Those teams are the GSW, Rockets, Celtics
and perhaps the Cavs if they trade for a replacement for Kyrie. The Lakers could make the list if they
sign Lebron and either PG or Cousins to add their young core.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#18 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:12 am

Norm2953 wrote:I'd pass on this deal if I were Portland for 10 and spare parts is nowhere near enough for Lillard.

I must be missing something but I don't get the interest from Lebron into wanting to go to Philadelphia.
One would think at this point in his career, he'd be more interested in going to team with veteran
players that can compete for a championship in 2019. Those teams are the GSW, Rockets, Celtics
and perhaps the Cavs if they trade for a replacement for Kyrie. The Lakers could make the list if they

Sixers are more feasible and a better spot than a lot of those.

Calling Fultz and Saric spare parts is really something special, considering each of them have more value than anything on Portland outside of Dame.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by GutUNC » Sun May 27, 2018 3:26 am

Norm2953 wrote:I'd pass on this deal if I were Portland for 10 and spare parts is nowhere near enough for Lillard.

So LeBron, PG/Cousins and the young .400 team the Lakers have can compete for a title but LeBron, Embiid, Simmons with shooters around them can't? I mean....you see what LeBron has dragged to a Game 7 this year right?
GDTBATH
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#20 » by Norm2953 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:29 am

In my mind, Lebron needs a veteran team whom he can elevate to a championship. That team is likely
the Rockets who have the PG and shooters he can get over the top.

Sixers two seasons ago won 28 games and have Ben Simmons to play the facilitator role Lebron would play.
What they need is a backcourt shooter which they hope Fultz would be but they have plenty of time and
have youth to battle the Celtics for years to come but Lebron at 34 doesn't have many years left at his
peak to wait for a young team to mature. They have no reason to reach for a championship until they are
ready. Likely in any event, the Celtics in 2019 are going to be tough to beat in the east.

Lakers are a wild card and if they can add all star caliber talents in PG/Cousins with Lebron they could
get there but that rebuilt Lakers team might still not get past the two best teams in the league in the
GSW/Houston Rockets.

Return to Trades and Transactions