Hornets Go In For Lebron

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Hornets Go In For Lebron 

Post#1 » by HornetsFan29 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Hornets Get: Kevin Love,T.Thompson,and Jr Smith.

Cavs Get: Marvin Wilams,MKG,Cody Zeller,and Jeremy Lamb + 11th pick and 2020 first Round Pick.

Hornets new lineup
Kemba
Batum/Monk
Lebron/Smith
Love/Frank
Howard/Thompson/Willie

not bad and could compeate with the celtics in the east.

I know it would be a slim chance Lebron would sign here but still looking at that lineup looks pretty damn good on paper and alot better he has now.

Also cavs picks up 2 first rounders and a good package of players to keep them respectble.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Re: Hornets Go In For Lebron 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm

I don't think Charlotte has near enough cap room to sign LeBron here.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 27, 2018 1:22 am

The value in the OP favors Cleveland so much that I think you meant to have Lebron in it as well? But then it’s short value for Cleveland..

Marvin and 11 is a Kevin Love offer to a Lebronless Cleveland. Three useful (2 overpaid) players for 2 overpaid bad players doesn’t call for a first even if the salaries help Char. Even if Cleveland wouldn’t care, since Lebron is leaving.. there’s value wasted in turning bad players into good ones.

I don’t think salaries work without Dwight or Batum included. Char would need Dwight and doesn’t have the assets to dump Batum in this deal.

Make it Dwight+MKG+Monk+2019 first (and probably 2021 first?) for Lebron and Marvin+Lamb+player drafted at 11 for Love. And send Marvin+Lamb to Utah or some other city for mostly cap relief (Utah could take both and send only UNG deals and Alec to Cleveland)... Dwight could probably be sent to a team with cap space for a cheaper player as well..

Now pitch me on MJ and crew being willing to pay Zeller/Love/Lebron/Batum/Walker for the next 3-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 am

Yeah, OP does do some favors for LeBron's agent and sure would make LeBron happy to come back to play with his friends, but Char would be capped out and I doubt LeBron wants MLE money.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.

Return to Trades and Transactions