Clev Tank

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Re: Clev Tank 

Post#61 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:38 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:deng/19 unprotected 1st/2 2nds/cash for jr smith/korver...la buys out smith right after...korver 19' cap wont harm la cap for max fa

Lakers fans need to rap their minds around the reality that their 2019 1st isn't worth as much since LBJ signed.

I would definitely take the risk because I don't like the roster construction and I wouldn't want JR on a rebuilding team without LeBron to keep him in line.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#62 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 pm

^ There is no way in hell I would take back Deng to get rids of Smith who's 19-20 portion is a minimal guarantee. all to get a 1st round pick in the mid 20's in the weakest draft since 13. I definitely would not send Korver for a couple 2nds either.
Do better.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#63 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Stillwater wrote:^ There is no way in hell I would take back Deng to get rids of Smith who's 19-20 portion is a minimal guarantee. all to get a 1st round pick in the mid 20's in the weakest draft since 13. I definitely would not send Korver for a couple 2nds either.
Do better.

Don't not declare something the weakest draft when we don't yet know anything about the class. Do better.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#64 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:05 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:^ There is no way in hell I would take back Deng to get rids of Smith who's 19-20 portion is a minimal guarantee. all to get a 1st round pick in the mid 20's in the weakest draft since 13. I definitely would not send Korver for a couple 2nds either.
Do better.

Don't not declare something the weakest draft when we don't yet know anything about the class. Do better.

Subject to change obviously regarding 1 and done's, but the projections of next years crop of freshman is fair at best after the top 5 but more importantly it will be significantly outshined by the plethora of decent upperclassmen that were in this years draft class that just don't exist in the next couple seasons.
Look at the type of talent that went undrafted this year.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#65 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:deng/19 unprotected 1st/2 2nds/cash for jr smith/korver...la buys out smith right after...korver 19' cap wont harm la cap for max fa

Lakers fans need to rap their minds around the reality that their 2019 1st isn't worth as much since LBJ signed.

I would definitely take the risk because I don't like the roster construction and I wouldn't want JR on a rebuilding team without LeBron to keep him in line.

If I have to buy JR or Deng, I know which one I'd prefer. If we trade for Deng, there's a good chance he never even suits up here. He burned a lot of bridges the last time the Cavs were in rebuilding mode.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#66 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:28 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

If I have to buy JR or Deng, I know which one I'd prefer. If we trade for Deng, there's a good chance he never even suits up here. He burned a lot of bridges the last time the Cavs were in rebuilding mode.

Yeah sure. But he can't be a worse lockerroom guy than JR. Also, I'd ask for Bonga instead of the seconds. Defined high ceiling guy.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#67 » by NoZoLakers » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 am

jbk1234 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Clev buying out Jr Smith makes no sense.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#68 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:33 am

BallnIngram wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Clev buying out Jr Smith makes no sense.

His partial guantee in 19-20 almost makes it inevitable if there isn't another team wanting to do the same thing willing to trade a decent longer contract player not another dinosaur with a worse contract
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#69 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Yeah sure. But he can't be a worse lockerroom guy than JR. Also, I'd ask for Bonga instead of the seconds. Defined high ceiling guy.

Things were really bad with Deng the last time he was here. He criticized the Cavs young players in the press. He dogged it on the court. He took way too many contract-year shots for a guy who was suppose to be here for his defense and his ability to cut to the basket off of Kyrie/Dion double teams. The Cavs were very clear that he wasn't welcome back here.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#70 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 am

If Clint doesn’t sign with Rockets would they want TT ? Anderson for TT , rockets send 1st rounder
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#71 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:43 am

Ballerhogger wrote:If Clint doesn’t sign with Rockets would they want TT ? Anderson for TT , rockets send 1st rounder

That seems like a fairish trade. Though I personally would ask for a 2nd as well as the 1st but thats just me.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#72 » by Slava » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am

Phoenix -> Cleveland

Tyson Chandler
Jared Dudley
Dragan Bender
Milwaukee 2019 1st

Cleveland -> Phoenix

Kevin Love

Cavs clear some money, take a look at an interesting prospect and get a nice pick in return. McDonough tries to save his ass in Phoenix.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#73 » by phraoh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:35 am

Why would Cavs trade Love to Phoenix for Chandler, Dudley, Bender and a low 1st? Bender has been a total bust, and doesn't even play well in the Summer League? Maybe if Suns are ready to trade 1 or 2 young players with potential and a first, it might make some sense. Seems as if the love affair (remembering Suns fans wouldn't trade Jackson even up for Kyrie...oh geesh) with Jackson seems to be over, but I still think he has a shot to be a very good player.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#74 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:28 pm

phraoh wrote:Why would Cavs trade Love to Phoenix for Chandler, Dudley, Bender and a low 1st? Bender has been a total bust, and doesn't even play well in the Summer League? Maybe if Suns are ready to trade 1 or 2 young players with potential and a first, it might make some sense. Seems as if the love affair (remembering Suns fans wouldn't trade Jackson even up for Kyrie...oh geesh) with Jackson seems to be over, but I still think he has a shot to be a very good player.

Right Bender is complete bust garbage, and I am fairly unimpressed with Jackson who Suns fans in general still think is worth a lot because the jury is still out...but he's not looking any better of a pick than what Bender and Chriss have turned out to be so far.
Phoenix has no one to offer that the Cavs would accept in return unless the Suns were offering an unprotected 1st or an actually decent player.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#75 » by yoyoboy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:59 pm

Slava wrote:Phoenix -> Cleveland

Tyson Chandler
Jared Dudley
Dragan Bender
Milwaukee 2019 1st

Cleveland -> Phoenix

Kevin Love

Cavs clear some money, take a look at an interesting prospect and get a nice pick in return. McDonough tries to save his ass in Phoenix.

This would be a fine trade if I had any confidence at all in Bender as a prospect. He couldn't even manage to look like a legitimate NBA player in his third summer league appearance with 2 years of NBA experience behind him. He had 0 FTA in 110 minutes of Summer League play. A lot of people still have faith in him because he's still so young at 20, but personally if it came between Bender and the Mil pick (18-20 range) and a pick in the 10-12 range I'd choose the latter.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#76 » by Slava » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
Slava wrote:Phoenix -> Cleveland

Tyson Chandler
Jared Dudley
Dragan Bender
Milwaukee 2019 1st

Cleveland -> Phoenix

Kevin Love

This would be a fine trade if I had any confidence at all in Bender as a prospect. He couldn't even manage to look like a legitimate NBA player in his third summer league appearance with 2 years of NBA experience behind him. He had 0 FTA in 110 minutes of Summer League play. A lot of people still have faith in him because he's still so young at 20, but personally if it came between Bender and the Mil pick (18-20 range) and a pick in the 10-12 range I'd choose the latter.

I'm sure McDonough can add a different first round pick instead, the man is on a playoffs or lose job mandate.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Trades and Transactions