Bulls/Sixers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,087

Bulls/Sixers 

Post#1 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Portis, Rolo for Bayless, Holmes, Anderson, 2019 PHI 1st (lotto prot), 2019 CHI 2nd

Bulls get assets and clear the way for their young lotto pick bigs.

Sixers get good Embiid insurance and a stretch 4 to backup Saric.

Dunn/Payne/Bayless
LaVine/Holiday/Hutch
Anderson/Val/Zip
Markannen/Holmes
Carter/Felicio/Asik

Simmons/McConnell/Shamet
Redick/Fultz/TLC
Roco/Chandler/Zhaire/Korkmaz
Saric/Portis
Embiid/Rolo
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Re: Bulls/Sixers 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

I don't think anything the Bulls are giving up is worth a 1st round pick
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,322

Post#3 » by Kurt Heimlich » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:20 pm

While I do question if the Sixers would give up their pick here. It's the only realistic asset from them which I could see giving Portis up for.

You also forgot about Jabari (Zip is gone also) in your Bulls depth chart :)
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#4 » by the_process » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Portis, Rolo for Bayless, Holmes, Anderson, 2019 PHI 1st (lotto prot), 2019 CHI 2nd

Counter: Portis and Lopez for Bayless, Holmes, Anderson, Luwawu, and 2019 PHI 1st (top 22 protected, if not conveyed becomes two 2nds)
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Hayesy wrote:While I do question if the Sixers would give up their pick here. It's the only realistic asset from them which I could see giving Portis up for.

You also forgot about Jabari (Zip is gone also) in your Bulls depth chart :)

Yeah my charts are pretty jacked up.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:36 pm

the_process wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Portis, Rolo for Bayless, Holmes, Anderson, 2019 PHI 1st (lotto prot), 2019 CHI 2nd

Counter: Portis and Lopez for Bayless, Holmes, Anderson, Luwawu, and 2019 PHI 1st (top 22 protected, if not conveyed becomes two 2nds)

Yeah I mean reasonable counter. Maybe declining protections for one year but there are creative ways to get there.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#7 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:35 pm

youngcrev wrote:I don't think anything the Bulls are giving up is worth a 1st round pick

On the contrary. Philis package is really underwhelming. Portis has some talent and i wouldnt trade him for Philis 1st let alone take on Philis garbage contracts.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#8 » by youngcrev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Alatan wrote:
youngcrev wrote:I don't think anything the Bulls are giving up is worth a 1st round pick

On the contrary. Philis package is really underwhelming. Portis has some talent and i wouldnt trade him for Philis 1st let alone take on Philis garbage contracts.

What garbage contracts? Bayless is expiring and the other 2 are on rookie deals. Obviously, Bayless at 8.5 for the year isn't a positive, but neither is Lopez at 14.3M
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Alatan wrote:

IDK, this deal gives the Bulls two top 40 picks and doesn't ask them to take on any future money. I'm struggling honestly to see how the Bulls could possibly do better giving up RoLo and Portis.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#10 » by ChettheJet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Yeah your charts leave off what makes your trade pointless. The Bulls don't want a bunch of end of the benchers, they barely have room for them, they've got their own young players to give minutes to with none left over. Who knows why PHIL wants a $13+M backup for Embid.

But the Bulls have no desire to rush Carter into the starting lineup, let me check NONE and they want to get rid of Felicio not count on him as their backup 5. That's why including Portis in the deal is bad because he'd be ahead of Felicio. They aren't collecting bad contracts anymore so they don't want Bayless, Anderson would be behind not just Parker but Valentine as well. If Holmes is good enough to be a backup 4 then let PHIL play him there and they don't need Portis. This is just poor all around.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Yeah your charts leave off what makes your trade pointless. The Bulls don't want a bunch of end of the benchers, they barely have room for them, they've got their own young players to give minutes to with none left over. Who knows why PHIL wants a $13+M backup for Embid.

But the Bulls have no desire to rush Carter into the starting lineup, let me check NONE and they want to get rid of Felicio not count on him as their backup 5. That's why including Portis in the deal is bad because he'd be ahead of Felicio. They aren't collecting bad contracts anymore so they don't want Bayless, Anderson would be behind not just Parker but Valentine as well. If Holmes is good enough to be a backup 4 then let PHIL play him there and they don't need Portis. This is just poor all around.

This is a tanking team getting picks that will not resign Portis because he blocks the high picks idk what you're talking about honestly. Unless you want to give that pick to move Felicio no one is taking him, terrible deal.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#12 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 am

I don't get why Portis is so criminally underrated by so many people. He's a really talented player and could easily start somewhere. (re: no players coming back are worth a 1st comment).

Anyway, I think this deal is pretty solid. I'd do it for us. With our current roster it would look like -

Dunn / Payne / Bayless
Lavine / Valentine / Holiday
Parker / Hutchison / Anderson
Markkanen / (Parker)
Carter / Holmes

We should be able to milk some decent value out of Holmes because you'd expect us to play at a pretty high tempo and he'll just be able to play a pure rim running/energy role. The picks get the value over the line.

the_process wrote:

I'd do that also. Was tempted to say only if Bolden is swapped in for one of the other guys, but I'd probably do it regardless. Though with RoLo and Portis both coming in maybe you prefer to send Bolden out anyway.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#13 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:50 am

My only issue with this trade is that I only think its worth it if you see Portis as a long-term rotation piece. For the record, I do, and think he'd make a nice long-term pair with Saric at PF. The problem is that the Sixers would have a real hard time carving out both max cap space and maintaining his QO. It would be a definite yes for me if Portis had one extra rookie scale year left but since he doesn't, I think I'd have to pass.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.

Return to Trades and Transactions