Giannis to Boston

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Who says Nay

Celtics
14%
Bucks
81%
Nah-body
5%

Total votes: 100

Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Re: Giannis to Boston 

Post#21 » by Baller1234a » Sat Aug 4, 2018 2:01 am

Chris76 wrote:
euroleague wrote:Tatum looks like a great find who they could lock in for 8 years. They’d get a huge draft haul, and they don’t have enough to challenge Philly/Boston as is

Tatum seems like he could be an all star. Celtics would want to keep him to play with Giannis.

Giannis would be incredible next to Embiid. The rim protection would be good.

Giannis for Saric, Fultz, Sixers 2019 + 2021 1sts lotto protected, Miami 2021 unprotected 1st.

Is that even better than Tatum + MEM pick?

Tatum > Saric + Fultz MEM > 2019 +2021 Lotto protected picks + MIA 1st

And if the Celtics want to keep Tatum.

Brown Rozier SAC MEM LAC picks is better
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#22 » by patman52 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 2:20 am

I can't see how the bucks can trade the fan favorite, even in a down year, he would be the type of talent to attract a good crowd. I think If Danny continues to hit on his top picks as he has Tatum plus those picks would make the celtics a better team than just adding Giannis in place of tatum. The celts need a source of cheap talent over the next 4-5 years.
old ball coach
Junior
And1: 36

Post#23 » by old ball coach » Sat Aug 4, 2018 3:16 am

Chris76 wrote:
euroleague wrote:Tatum looks like a great find who they could lock in for 8 years. They’d get a huge draft haul, and they don’t have enough to challenge Philly/Boston as is

Tatum seems like he could be an all star. Celtics would want to keep him to play with Giannis.

Giannis for Saric, Fultz, Sixers 2019 + 2021 1sts lotto protected, Miami 2021 unprotected 1st.

No way the picks would be nothing not even close there is no trade offer that would move freak. Very weak offer for a top 5 player

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#24 » by trwi7 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 3:39 am

Man these threads are going to be so much fun the next few years.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#25 » by bondom34 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:35 am

I didn't even read the trade, just voted the Bucks say no. There's nothing that could be offered
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#26 » by brackdan70 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 12:13 pm

Good lord. Bucks are not trading Giannis.
Sign here
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#27 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Aug 4, 2018 12:23 pm

Sure the Bucks will trade you Giannis, you just have to give up your entire roster, Brad Stevens, The Garden, and about 700 million dollars. The Bucks will toss in Tony Snell and John Henson to even things out.

Bucks trade:
Giannis
Henson
Snell

Celtics Trade:
Their entire franchise + Stadium + Cash
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,059

Post#28 » by Gant » Sat Aug 4, 2018 12:51 pm

The only way the Bucks ever trade Giannis is if he demands it and goes full Kawhi. But he's doing just the opposite.

Any team that would look to trade Giannis might as well just fold up and contract the league by one franchise.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,476

Post#29 » by Karmaloop » Sat Aug 4, 2018 1:05 pm

Pretty sure Boston could offer their entire treasure chest of assets, and Milwaukee would still say no.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#30 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:00 pm

Karmaloop wrote:Pretty sure Boston could offer their entire treasure chest of assets, and Milwaukee would still say no.

So you'd rather have the Bucks as curently constructed? Giannis is untoucheable, that being said if you swap him for Boston's picks and young players your basically just swapping their situations.....
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#31 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:07 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:Sure the Bucks will trade you Giannis, you just have to give up your entire roster, Brad Stevens, The Garden, and about 700 million dollars. The Bucks will toss in Tony Snell and John Henson to even things out.

Bucks trade:
Giannis
Henson
Snell

Celtics Trade:

This is as dumb of comment, actually more so. One team was in the conferance finals last year without their two best players and still could be drafting in the lottery the next couple years and another team is a low playoff team that isn't a free agent destination nor do they have the assets to aquire another star to play alongside Giannis. I'd bet money on Giannis getting frusterated about not having a deep playoff run a lot quicker than I would Boston dropping off as a top seed in the east.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,074

Post#32 » by axeman23 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:21 pm

Tatum is a very nice young player, and the picks look good on paper, sure. But why would Milwaukee want those picks? To TRY to find someone as good as Giannis, right? Soooo... just hold onto GIANNIS! They're called "lottery picks" for a reason, always keep the "bird in the hand", if the situation allows it.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#33 » by sca » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:32 pm

Chris76 wrote:

Lol the value is way off.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#34 » by euroleague » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:56 pm

axeman23 wrote:Tatum is a very nice young player, and the pucks look good on paper, sure. But why would Milwaukee want those picks? To TRY to find someone as good as Giannis, right? Soooo... just hold onto GIANNIS! They're called "lottery picks" for a reason, always keep the "bird in the hand", if the situation allows it.

To get a deep team around Tatum and Middleton

That’s cost controlled, so they can lure FA
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#35 » by kuclas » Sat Aug 4, 2018 10:00 pm

Celtics need more rim protection/interior defense Don’t think Giannis takes them over the top.

They need Anthony Davis more. He’s a better fit than Giannis.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#36 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Aug 4, 2018 10:20 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:Sure the Bucks will trade you Giannis, you just have to give up your entire roster, Brad Stevens, The Garden, and about 700 million dollars. The Bucks will toss in Tony Snell and John Henson to even things out.

Bucks trade:
Giannis
Henson
Snell

Celtics Trade:

This is as dumb of comment, actually more so. One team was in the conferance finals last year without their two best players and still could be drafting in the lottery the next couple years and another team is a low playoff team that isn't a free agent destination nor do they have the assets to aquire another star to play alongside Giannis. I'd bet money on Giannis getting frusterated about not having a deep playoff run a lot quicker than I would Boston dropping off as a top seed in the east.

Are you aware that the only three players the Bucks have under contract for 2020 are Giannis, Tony Snell and their first round pick DDV? The Bucks roster is about to undergo a complete overhaul. Giannis is up for a Supermax. He isn’t passing it up. This is one of the stupidest posts I have read on here. Try the same package for Curry, LeBron or KD. I’m sure it will go over swimmingly.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#37 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Aug 4, 2018 11:05 pm

If you can get Irving and Tatum I think the bucks might do that in a year with Irving signed
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#38 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 11:31 pm

I think for this hypothetical we need to fast forward to next offseason and make some assumptions.

Kings 1st= #2
Memphis 1st= #10

Bucks would have to listen if Ainge actually offered:

Tatum + Brown + #2 + #10 + 3 other 1sts

More so if Tatum and Brown each took the next step. And if they do, I think we are approaching giving up too much value — even for Giannis.
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#39 » by euroleague » Sat Aug 4, 2018 11:34 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Bucks trade:
Giannis
Henson
Snell

Celtics Trade:

Are you aware that the only three players the Bucks have under contract for 2020 are Giannis, Tony Snell and their first round pick DDV? The Bucks roster is about to undergo a complete overhaul. Giannis is up for a Supermax. He isn’t passing it up. This is one of the stupidest posts I have read on here. Try the same package for Curry, LeBron or KD. I’m sure it will go over swimmingly.

The warriors aren’t rebuilding. Lakers are using Lbj to make money, and are looking to grab Kawhi and compete

If I were the Lakers gm, I’d be happy trading Lbj for Tatum+ tons of First from a pure basketball standpoint... but Lbj just signed here. Trading before he played a game would ruin the franchise rep
curmudgeon767
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#40 » by curmudgeon767 » Sun Aug 5, 2018 12:32 am

OK, I get it. This is the slow time of the NBA year where a few non-Bucks fans get bored and try to start things up with Bucks fans. Nice try! In answer to the trade idea: No, just No! Dreaming is cool, but remember, dreams are just that: Dreams! If the OP is a Celtics fan - dude, the Celtics are good enough already, not to mention the two players who are coming back from injury and will, when healthy, be very good!

Return to Trades and Transactions