Jimmy Butler request trade per Shams (Containment thread) Poll Added

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Where Does Butler End Up in 2018/19?

Clippers
9%
Nets
4%
Knicks
No votes
Bucks
6%
Heat
31%
Sixers
9%
Blazers
7%
Rockets
11%
Pistons
3%
Other
20%

Total votes: 161

rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Re: Jimmy Butler request trade per Shams (Containment thread) Poll Added 

Post#1101 » by rpa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:56 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I wonder if Vlade and Kings would be crazy enough to step in and trade for Butler???

BrogBrog + WCS for Butler + KBD

Vlade can sell Butler on...
1. Max money 5 year offer.
2. Max cap available for Butler to recruit another max top player — over next 2 offseason (if they strike out 2019).
3. Immediately team has plenty of vets (Randolph, Shump, Koufos, Bjelica) that can make a playoff push — and even at trade deadline expiring and assets to trade for another win-now player (as long as doesn’t screw up cap).
4. Be part of team that by proxy gets to screw up Ainge’s asset. More of a Vlade motivation.

Butler's far better, but the chance that he up and leaves this offseason (especially with so many teams have max cap space) is just too high to give up BB. If I'm the Kings I offer to take on Dieng, throw in any of the secondary youngsters (WCS, Skal), and give them a bunch of 2nd rounders. Probably not enough.

The idea of a Butler filling that gaping hole at the 3 is really enticing, though.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#1102 » by jayu70 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Now this...
Read on Twitter
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#1103 » by QRich3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Jesus haha

I've been saying this, the NBA is becoming a badly scripted reality show
rpa
RealGM

Post#1104 » by rpa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 pm

jayu70 wrote:Now this...
Read on Twitter

The sounds a lot like the Airing of Grievances for Festivus.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,662

Post#1105 » by shrink » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:01 pm

“Feats of Strength” was yesterday
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
rpa
RealGM

Post#1106 » by rpa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

shrink wrote:“Feats of Strength” was yesterday

Friday's practice can't end until Thibs can pin Butler.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,106

Post#1107 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Attempt to claw back leverage? Attempt to actually rejoin the team? Both? Neither?
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#1108 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Attempt to claw back leverage? Attempt to actually rejoin the team? Both? Neither?

My guess the front office told him he going to wait till more players become tradable and he's partially open to seeing how the season starts..
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#1109 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 pm

As I said when I saw the videos, lovers quarrel and Minny has the leverage to keep him and shouldn’t deal him unless they get a good package
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,567

Post#1110 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:38 am

Spoiler:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Richardson and first dont work. Salaries dont match.

Miami NEEDS to include either waiters or olynyk. And considering that Olynyk is a decent player, he would have been mentioned. Instead, nothing was.

I dont see why he would have and Waiters wouldn't. Especially given other rumors that Waiters was involved in that had nothing to do with Butler.

It also didn't mention MIN moving Dieng, so if we're speculating rampantly we can just assume they move him too.

pelifan wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Only Waiters. James Johnson matches but Waiters makes more sense and then yeah, I would say no.

Olynyk as well....

Miami would be hurting for shooting in that scenario though.

So, the filler options are:
JJ
Waiters
Olynyk
Winslow on a new deal in a shocker

Given those options, i think it is easily Waiters that was offered. It matches everything that has been said, and if Olynyk is in the deal when you spin it "Minnesota said no to Richardson and a pick!" becomes "Minnesota said no to Richardson, Olynyk and a pick!"

Am I speculating? Yes. Until more comes out (credibly, that is all we have). But if Minnesota was also getting a good player, or dumping a bad contract someone would have had that angle usually by now. So I feel really solid about the speculation that it was Waiters.

Reports have it definitely as Waiters.

Which makes me come back to, I would turn that down too.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,234

Post#1111 » by BBallFreak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:20 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Spoiler:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I dont see why he would have and Waiters wouldn't. Especially given other rumors that Waiters was involved in that had nothing to do with Butler.

It also didn't mention MIN moving Dieng, so if we're speculating rampantly we can just assume they move him too.

pelifan wrote:
Olynyk as well....

JJ
Waiters
Olynyk

Given those options, i think it is easily Waiters that was offered. It matches everything that has been said, and if Olynyk is in the deal when you spin it "Minnesota said no to Richardson and a pick!" becomes "Minnesota said no to Richardson, Olynyk and a pick!"

Am I speculating? Yes. Until more comes out (credibly, that is all we have). But if Minnesota was also getting a good player, or dumping a bad contract someone would have had that angle usually by now. So I feel really solid about the speculation that it was Waiters.

So would I, but if the reports are true and it was all but official until Thibbs suddenly started asking for more, good for Riley for hanging up on him. It shouldn't have progressed as far as it did if that was the deal.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1112 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:25 pm

I wonder what Wiggins and especially Towns with his new deal are thinking about this.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#1113 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:43 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Spoiler:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

JJ
Waiters
Olynyk

So would I, but if the reports are true and it was all but official until Thibbs suddenly started asking for more, good for Riley for hanging up on him. It shouldn't have progressed as far as it did if that was the deal.

This is Thibs first time running a front office too. Are we sure he’s operating with malice throughout this whole thing instead of just incompetence? Maybe he thought that getting medicals was just another step in the decision making and negotiating process instead of kind of a final check? Real Hanlon’s Razor kind of thing, methinks.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#1114 » by bondom34 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:33 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Spoiler:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I dont see why he would have and Waiters wouldn't. Especially given other rumors that Waiters was involved in that had nothing to do with Butler.

pelifan wrote:
Olynyk as well....

JJ
Waiters
Olynyk

Yep, I stand corrected.

But if I'm honest, I don't see them getting better offers and I can't think of keeping him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,234

Post#1115 » by BBallFreak » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Spoiler:

This is Thibs first time running a front office too. Are we sure he’s operating with malice throughout this whole thing instead of just incompetence? Maybe he thought that getting medicals was just another step in the decision making and negotiating process instead of kind of a final check? Real Hanlon’s Razor kind of thing, methinks.

Does that make it better? Seriously that just seems worse to me.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,567

Post#1116 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:27 pm

bondom34 wrote:But if I'm honest, I don't see them getting better offers and I can't think of keeping him.

HartfordWhalers wrote:If Butlers value is really as tanked as suggested in this thread,
Chandler/Bayless/Zhaire/Philly 1st.

Sure it adds a volatile personality to a team already actively worried about Embiid and Simmons. But if the cost is just a raw prospect, a late first, and a full in sf it should be done anyway.

I don’t think it is great value, and it should be rejected. But just adding a stake in the ground,
Is it better than the Miami offer assuming Minnesota had to eat Waiters? I think it might be, which highlights why I’m okay with Minnesota not having pulled the trigger.

I wouldn't lose sleep over losing that package for Philly even if Butler leaves. And I do have it better than the Miami package. Am I just undervaluing Richardson that I would rather have:

Zhaire/1st/Wilson Chandler as fill in/expiring contract over
RIchardson/1st/Waiters ?

I'm not convinced either of Richardson or Wiggins should be a sf, and a cheaper guy with time to grow is needed in a reset.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#1117 » by bondom34 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:29 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
bondom34 wrote:But if I'm honest, I don't see them getting better offers and I can't think of keeping him.

HartfordWhalers wrote:If Butlers value is really as tanked as suggested in this thread,

Sure it adds a volatile personality to a team already actively worried about Embiid and Simmons. But if the cost is just a raw prospect, a late first, and a full in sf it should be done anyway.

I don’t think it is great value, and it should be rejected. But just adding a stake in the ground,
Is it better than the Miami offer assuming Minnesota had to eat Waiters? I think it might be, which highlights why I’m okay with Minnesota not having pulled the trigger.

I wouldn't lose sleep over losing that package for Philly even if Butler leaves. And I do have it better than the Miami package. Am I just undervaluing Richardson that I would rather have:

RIchardson/1st/Waiters ?

I'm not convinced either of Richardson or Wiggins should be a sf, and a cheaper guy with time to grow is needed in a reset.

Yeah I'd like this better for the Wolves at first glance, and Philly's young guys don't have the work ethic questions the Wolves do. I guess the only question is Butler's attitude if Fultz isn't doing well.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#1118 » by Resistance » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Would Coach Brown have a chance to reel Butler in a bit since he is different than Thibodeau or is Butler's personality & approach to the game set in stone?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1119 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:50 pm

bondom34 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

RIchardson/1st/Waiters ?

Yeah I'd like this better for the Wolves at first glance, and Philly's young guys don't have the work ethic questions the Wolves do. I guess the only question is Butler's attitude if Fultz isn't doing well.

I'm with HW on this but I have Zhaire as a very good Thibs guy, and a good Wiggins fit. I wonder if including the 2021 MIA 1st is completely objectionable for Philly if other offers start to rise? But I think a Chandler (versatile vet), Zhaire (hardworking high ceiling wing) and pick checks the boxes for Thibs.

I am not a Richardson fan really though. I get his appeal but at 25 I don't think he has the upside of Zhaire, even if a better 2 way floor.

And taking Dion is a total nonstarter imo. Not sure what happened in those specific negotiations, but that shouldn't have been considered.

Also, FWIW Dom I don't see Fultz as a work ethic issue guy. It's too early, but his preason play and off season regimen show improvement and defensive hustle/ability, which I think Butler would appreciate.

I'd be more concerned about Simmons and Embiid as strong personalities, but not that concerned. Example Butler is not the face of that team.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#1120 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:27 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:So would I, but if the reports are true and it was all but official until Thibbs suddenly started asking for more, good for Riley for hanging up on him. It shouldn't have progressed as far as it did if that was the deal.

Does that make it better? Seriously that just seems worse to me.

Are you generally more forgiving of accidents and well intentioned people, or cold blooded people who plan evil against you? :dontknow:

Return to Trades and Transactions