AD to the Lakers by trade

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

AD to the Lakers by trade 

Post#1 » by zimpy27 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:15 am

Do the pelicans look at a deal that has Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma, KCP traded straight up for AD?

They essentially swap AD for the Lakers team of last season but with general improvement of rookies. Would be borderline playoff team with Jrue next season and who knows what happens beyond.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Re: AD to the Lakers by trade 

Post#2 » by NYG » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:33 am

zimpy27 wrote:Do the pelicans look at a deal that has Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma, KCP traded straight up for AD?

They essentially swap AD for the Lakers team of last season but with general improvement of rookies. Would be borderline playoff team with Jrue next season and who knows what happens beyond.

I think this season and early next off-season needs to align in a specific way for the Pelicans to even consider dealing AD, but if it does and they do, the Lakers and Celtics could make the strongest offers.

I think if Hayward looks like old Hayward this season, the Celtics go all in on a talent like Davis and offer Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum, Guerschon Yabusele and Kings 1st (the draft slot will be confirmed) for Davis on draft night with no one being able to top that. They would re-sign Kyrie, Horford, Rozier, Brown, etc. and be an amazing team.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#3 » by bigmean » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:51 am

Too much for lakers... but yet i think i would still do it
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#4 » by Spens1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:11 am

Yeah would probably do it as sad as i would be. Ideally though i'd try to keep one of them (most realistically, Kuzma or Ball).
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,476

Post#5 » by Jon1798 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm

That’s definitely where I would start my asking for the Pels. It’s conceivable that an Ingram for instance could have a good year and you could replace one of them with picks etc
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#6 » by Cappy_Smurf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:32 pm

I personally don't consider that to be anywhere close. At least one of those guys would have to break out before that deal is even in the ballpark. At the very least, I think the Celtics easily beat that deal. AD being traded to the Lakers is a pipe dream as things are right now.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,790

Post#7 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:40 pm

I think the kids will start looking pretty good the more time they spend with Bron. I'm particularly excited about Ingram.
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#8 » by Woody Allen » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:53 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think the kids will start looking pretty good the more time they spend with Bron. I'm particularly excited about Ingram.

I don't know. LAL clogged up the team with garbage veterans. Young players do not have a very smooth path here.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#9 » by Laimbeer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:I personally don't consider that to be anywhere close. At least one of those guys would have to break out before that deal is even in the ballpark. At the very least, I think the Celtics easily beat that deal. AD being traded to the Lakers is a pipe dream as things are right now.

But are they willing to beat it? I just think the C's are more comfortable where they're at and the Lakers not so much. AD has more value to the Lakers, strange as that sounds.

The Pels have to have some sense of AD's willingness to extend. If it looks shaky, they'd have to strongly consider this offer.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#10 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:I personally don't consider that to be anywhere close. At least one of those guys would have to break out before that deal is even in the ballpark. At the very least, I think the Celtics easily beat that deal. AD being traded to the Lakers is a pipe dream as things are right now.

Celtics willing to trade tatum?
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#11 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:02 pm

As a Laker fan, I don't think AD trade is realistic this year unless. Ball , Kuzma, or Hart break out. Ingram could be a center piece but not by himself.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,111

Post#12 » by Dr Aki » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Unless the Celtics are willing to give up Tatum, I don't see how they come close to beating an Ingram deal, let alone a Lonzo and Ingram deal (both need to be in the deal to even be in touching range of a legal trade).
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#13 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Woody Allen wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think the kids will start looking pretty good the more time they spend with Bron. I'm particularly excited about Ingram.

I don't know. LAL clogged up the team with garbage veterans. Young players do not have a very smooth path here.

they look fine so far, as if lance/bease mattter :lol: and Rondo is actually doing exactly what we need of him.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#14 » by patman52 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Unless the Celtics are willing to give up Tatum, I don't see how they come close to beating an Ingram deal, let alone a Lonzo and Ingram deal (both need to be in the deal to even be in touching range of a legal trade).

Brown, Williams, Hayward, SAC, Memphis, Clippers pick for Davis and Hill.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#15 » by pelifan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Its not a pipe dream if Celtics dont put Tatum on the table like the Celtics fans are suggesting. And the Bulls might get in with Lauri

I wouldnt lowball for AD especially when he doesnt have a specific destination in mind.

I want Hart and future picks though. could care less about Ball personally
pelifan
RealGM

Post#16 » by pelifan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:58 pm

patman52 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Unless the Celtics are willing to give up Tatum, I don't see how they come close to beating an Ingram deal, let alone a Lonzo and Ingram deal (both need to be in the deal to even be in touching range of a legal trade).

Hayward might be a bad contract and either way would have no value to a rebuilding Pelicans. Williams looks pretty bad/ doesnt have any significant value and the clippers pick is 2nd rounders.

its basically Brown, Sac pick, Mem pick vs ingram, Ball, Kuzma

It depending where the Kings and Grizz end up but if those picks are outside of the top 7 Id take the Lakers package pretty easily.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#17 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:49 pm

pelifan wrote:
patman52 wrote:

Hayward might be a bad contract and either way would have no value to a rebuilding Pelicans. Williams looks pretty bad/ doesnt have any significant value and the clippers pick is 2nd rounders.

It depending where the Kings and Grizz end up but if those picks are outside of the top 7 Id take the Lakers package pretty easily.

Ball/Kuz/KCP/2 1st...Ball will cont to allow Jrue to be a better player at the 2, Kuz/Randle is a solid front court duo, very complementary of each other...like Mirotic/Randle now but younger and cheaper lol
pelifan
RealGM

Post#18 » by pelifan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
pelifan wrote:
patman52 wrote:

Ball/Kuz/KCP/2 1st...Ball will cont to allow Jrue to be a better player at the 2, Kuz/Randle is a solid front court duo, very complementary of each other...like Mirotic/Randle now but younger and cheaper lol

I dont think you read anything I wrote at all.

ima keep it jimmy butler honest with you thats a trashed offer.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#19 » by NoZoLakers » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:07 pm

pelifan wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:
pelifan wrote:

only thing missing is Ingram, if Tatum is the difference for Bos, Kuzma/Ball is equivalent of a tatum.
pelifan
RealGM

Post#20 » by pelifan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:15 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
pelifan wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:Ball/Kuz/KCP/2 1st...Ball will cont to allow Jrue to be a better player at the 2, Kuz/Randle is a solid front court duo, very complementary of each other...like Mirotic/Randle now but younger and cheaper lol

only thing missing is Ingram, if Tatum is the difference for Bos, Kuzma/Ball is equivalent of a tatum.

only if you suck at math. The point was bring your best young player to the table and then add to it or you dont get Davis.

Return to Trades and Transactions