Contest: Find the Pels a serviceable SF/Wing

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Diamondman07
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Re: Contest: Find the Pels a serviceable SF/Wing 

Post#81 » by Diamondman07 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Jae Crowder... my favorite utility player in the league. Not too good, not too bad, know his role and can do the dirty work.
THREE Time Dunn Elementary Paper Air Plane launch champion
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#82 » by MKWB » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Diamondman07 wrote:Jae Crowder... my favorite utility player in the league. Not too good, not too bad, know his role and can do the dirty work.

How’s he playing so far this season? He definitely fits the mold. Wonder how attached Utah is to him.

One thing that should be kept in mind— any trade Pels make using their 1st will be sending out Solo Hill. Ideally with an upgrade at SF coming back, either one on an expiring contract or a clear upgrade if multi-year.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#83 » by Asif16 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Bradley Beal or Otto Porter would be a lethal fit for the Pelicans.

I would put the Pelicans 2nd best in the west if they can somehow grab Beal and pair him with Davis
MKWB
Sixth Man

Post#84 » by MKWB » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:16 am

Asif16 wrote:Bradley Beal or Otto Porter would be a lethal fit for the Pelicans.

I would put the Pelicans 2nd best in the west if they can somehow grab Beal and pair him with Davis

Still early, but they look like the 2nd best already in the same tier with Utah, Den, and Hou (who they spanked and look a lot weaker this season).

Don’t see Beal as attainable for them, but looks like Porter could be attainable soon. Thing is though, with that multi-year $27+mil contract, would he be worth it for the role he would play here? Could prevent them from re-signing Randle who looks to be a great fit. Big risk but could be big reward with the way he could match up with guarding Durant. Could give the Pels a real shot at dethroning GS.

The potential trade would have to be based around:

Hill + Moore + Wes J. (expiring contract) +1st (?.. even necessary with the cap savings Wiz seem to be searching for?)

for—Otto Porter.

Don’t see Pels trading Niko or Randle for him with how they’re playing and great fits, plus Otto’s huge contract. But if a deal like the one above is done, Pels ownership goes all in for lux tax contendership, they can re-sign Niko with bird rights. And if Randle could agree to opt in to his $10 mil next season with a wink wink deal for a big multi-year contract the following year, (plus re-sign Payton affordably)... then fill out the bench with capable role-players... Wowza:

AD
Niko/ Randle
Otto/ Miller
Jrue
Payton

That has real potential to beat GS and create the next dynasty.
bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 481

Post#85 » by bpcox05 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:54 am

Nikola Mirotic
Solomon Hill
E'Twaun Moore
Wesley Johnson
Cheick Diallo
2019 1st (unprotected)
2021 1st (unprotected)

for

Otto Porter
Bradley Beal

-----------------------------------

PG - Holiday / Payton / Jackson / Frazier
SG - Beal / Clark
SF - Porter / Miller
PF - Randle
C - Davis / Okafor
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,827

Post#86 » by Diop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:10 am

batum or lamb would both be available, both serviceable. Batum would do well in a system where he isn't needed to score, he prefers to facilitate sometimes score.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#87 » by babyjax13 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 am

MKWB wrote:
Diamondman07 wrote:Jae Crowder... my favorite utility player in the league. Not too good, not too bad, know his role and can do the dirty work.

How’s he playing so far this season? He definitely fits the mold. Wonder how attached Utah is to him.

One thing that should be kept in mind— any trade Pels make using their 1st will be sending out Solo Hill. Ideally with an upgrade at SF coming back, either one on an expiring contract or a clear upgrade if multi-year.

I think we are pretty attached. Alec Burks, Thabo Sefelosha, Royce O'neale would be more available, but I don't see anything on the Pelicans that would be both compelling and reasonable to ask for.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#88 » by dakomish23 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:49 pm

THJ for Hill Wes Frank
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#89 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm

TJ Warren is a guy I like there, trying to find a 3rd team to get PHX a point guard though
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#90 » by poolshark52 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:01 pm

Justin Holiday so he can play with his bro? For a couple of 2nds?
Nwaba daba doo!
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#91 » by SARGO127 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Courtney Lee for Solomon Hill straight up
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#92 » by the_process » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:06 am

Hill and Fultz to PHX
Josh Jackson and Wilson Chandler to NOP
Bender, Wes Johnson, Tyson Chandler, NOP 2019 1st, and NOP 2022 1st to PHI
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,580

Post#93 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:20 am

Allen Crabbe?
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#94 » by vege » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:33 am

Hum, Wesley Johnson and NOP 2nd for Kyle Korver? Is the 2nd even necessary or is the money savings enough value for Cleveland?
luka27
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#95 » by luka27 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:26 am

SARGO127 wrote:Courtney Lee for Solomon Hill straight up

Hill contract is for two more years, so no way from Knicks, he is useless. Maybe Johnson and salary fillers to make it work, but all need to expire after this season.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#96 » by pelifan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:49 am

Wes Johnson, cash and a 2nd for Holiday needs to happen asap. The Pelicans really need another 3and D ish player.
MKWB
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by MKWB » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:56 am

Niko + Hill + 1st for Porter.

Pels commit to Randle as front court partner of the future for AD, and finally go for a big splash for a high level player at SF to complete their core.

Wiz save a lot of $ and feel good enough about relying on Oubre, Morris, Green, and now Mirotic for production at the forward spots. Can re-sign Mirotic this offseason with bird rights or let him walk for further cap savings. Also get a lightly protected 1st as a bonus.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#98 » by Asif16 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:21 am

MKWB wrote:Niko + Hill + 1st for Porter.

Pels commit to Randle as front court partner of the future for AD, and finally go for a big splash for a high level player at SF to complete their core.

Wiz save a lot of $ and feel good enough about relying on Oubre, Morris, Green, and now Mirotic for production at the forward spots. Can re-sign Mirotic this offseason with bird rights or let him walk for further cap savings. Also get a lightly protected 1st as a bonus.

I came here to say the exact same target. With the way Washington is playing right now, Porter seems like the most obvious one to go first if a rebuild/re-tool were to take place. Porter would fit in perfectly with the Pelicans.

Beal or Oubre would be amazing fits for Pelicans too. Pelicans def need to contact the Wiz regardless imo. There's a trade to be had between these two teams
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#99 » by pelifan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:07 am

Asif16 wrote:
MKWB wrote:Niko + Hill + 1st for Porter.

I came here to say the exact same target. With the way Washington is playing right now, Porter seems like the most obvious one to go first if a rebuild/re-tool were to take place. Porter would fit in perfectly with the Pelicans.

Beal or Oubre would be amazing fits for Pelicans too. Pelicans def need to contact the Wiz regardless imo. There's a trade to be had between these two teams

yea but Mirotic and a first even with Hill attached is far too steep a price
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#100 » by Streakers33 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:37 am

Tell me wiggins wouldn’t look good in your line up..

Wiggins for hill and Moore 2019 FRP, 2020 SRP, 2021 SRP

That’s a team

AD, niko, Wiggins, holiday, Payton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Trades and Transactions