Suns/Sixers/Kings

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Suns/Sixers/Kings 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Ill offer this idea for:
-Suns add a short term veteran PG while clearing up glut of wings
-Sixers add more scoring off bench
-Kings free up glut of PFs

To Phoenix (Trade Warren)
-Jerryd Bayless (1 year, $8.6 million)
-2019 Philadelphia 2nd round pick
-2021 Miami or Denver or Detroit or New York 2nd round pick via Philly (most favorable)

To Philadelphia (Trade Chandler, Bayless, 2 2nds)
-TJ Warren (4 years, $47 million)
-Zach Randolph (1 year, $11.7 million)

To Sacramento (Trade Randolph)
-Wilson Chandler (1 year, $12.8 million)

Why?
Phoenix adds a veteran PG to provide minutes as a stop gap option while they clear out salary/excess wing depth.

Bayless/Okobo/Melton
Booker/Daniels/Crawford
Jackson/Bridges/King
Ariza/Bender/Anderson
Ayton/Chandler/Holmes

Philly adds a younger wing and a backup PF while clearing up PG glut

SImmons/Fultz/McConnell
Reddick/Smith/Shamet
Covington/Warren/Korkmaz
Saric/Randolph/Bolden
Embiid/Johnson/Muscala

Kings swap out a veteran PF for a veteran wing to free up more minutes at the 4 for Bagley/Bjelica/Labissiere

Fox/Ferrell/Mason
Hield/Shumpert/Mclemore
Bogdanovic/Chandler/Jackson
Bagley/Bjelica/Labissiere
Stein/Koufos/Giles
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: Suns/Sixers/Kings 

Post#2 » by loserX » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:14 pm

IIRC Philly is looking at max cap space next year. That may or may not come to anything but I doubt they'd jump the gun by taking on Warren.

Finding anyone willing to give up expirings for Warren is a tall order. It's not that he's terrible, but teams would rather take their chances first. You need to find a team that needs him as a player AND is in that "over the cap/under the tax" situation next year where taking him on has less opportunity cost.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#3 » by JDLAW » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Take back you offer. It is hideous. Bayless answers nothing for the Suns.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#4 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:31 pm

loserX wrote:IIRC Philly is looking at max cap space next year. That may or may not come to anything but I doubt they'd jump the gun by taking on Warren.

Finding anyone willing to give up expirings for Warren is a tall order. It's not that he's terrible, but teams would rather take their chances first. You need to find a team that needs him as a player AND is in that "over the cap/under the tax" situation next year where taking him on has less opportunity cost.

This still gives them around $25 million of practical cap space for 2019 off-season after adding Warren which still gives them flexibility of landing a starting SG via trade or in free agency.

Simmons/Fultz/Shamet
FA?/Smith/Korkmaz/
Covington/Warren/2nd
Saric/Bolden/2nd
Embiid/FA?/1st
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#5 » by Bentley1225 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:33 pm

JDLAW wrote:Take back you offer. It is hideous. Bayless answers nothing for the Suns.

Well it answers a positional need for the season while clearing up cap space to re-invest money elsewhere in 2019 as they already have Jackson/Bridges as long term wings on cheaper deals than Warren.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#6 » by NapoleonII » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 pm

TJ Warren, at his worst, is a 25 year old potential 6th man of the year.

He's seemingly fixed his 3 point shot and his contract willl likely be a bargain for its entirety.

We need more than Bayless and some low picks.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#7 » by BullyKing » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
loserX wrote:IIRC Philly is looking at max cap space next year. That may or may not come to anything but I doubt they'd jump the gun by taking on Warren.

This still gives them around $25 million of practical cap space for 2019 off-season after adding Warren which still gives them flexibility of landing a starting SG via trade or in free agency.

Simmons/Fultz/Shamet
FA?/Smith/Korkmaz/
Covington/Warren/2nd
Saric/Bolden/2nd
Embiid/FA?/1st

That's great but no team in their right mind is going to cost themselves max space so they can add a backup small forward on a long-term contract.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#8 » by the_process » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:

Simmons/Fultz/Shamet
FA?/Smith/Korkmaz/
Covington/Warren/2nd
Saric/Bolden/2nd
Embiid/FA?/1st

Warren isn't good enough to force yourself into making other moves to clear cap room should a max FA be interested.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#9 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:33 am

I’m going to add that why the hell would we give up that cap space for an older Chandler when we can turn it into a sixth man/potential starting SF that fits very well with our team age range yet brings some veteran feel?

The only way the Kings atenin this is if Warren is heading this way.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#10 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:45 am

OGSactownballer wrote:I’m going to add that why the hell would we give up that cap space for an older Chandler

Zach Randolph $11,692,308 (age 37)
Wilson Chandler $12,800,562 (age 31)

I will give you, it does appear to cost ~1.1m in cap room for Sac. That said, I wouldn't consider Chandler older, no when the outgoing player is Zbo.

As for the fit of Warren on Sac, I think it could make more sense than on Philly. And I like it, especially if it is combined with Phx getting a pg from somewhere. I took a stab at it before with Cle and Hill -- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1744133 -- but I'm sure there are other 3 teamers that get a pg to Phx and Warren to Sac.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#11 » by Resistance » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:49 am

OGSactownballer wrote:

I’m going to add that why the hell would we give up that cap space for an older Chandler when we can turn it into a sixth man/potential starting SF that fits very well with our team age range yet brings some veteran feel?

The only way the Kings atenin this is if Warren is heading this way.

Have patience before diving in and taking the Warren contract. Give Wenyen Gabriel a chance because there isn't going to be much competition for Warren.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#12 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Well a deal could be altered between these 3 teams to simplify:

To Phoenix
-Jerryd Bayless

To Philadelphia
-Zach Randolph

To Sacramento
-TJ Warren

Suns dump the Warren contract while getting short term PG depth, Sixers clear up glut of PGs, and Kings free up glut of 4s while getting younger/long term 6th man.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#13 » by Phystic » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:16 pm

In the first two games Warren is a vastly improved 3pt shooter. Which makes him a much better value on that contract (assuming it's not just a hot streak).

And is Bayless really an improvement over Canaan?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,135

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:21 pm

TJ has played relatively well his first two games which means Suns fans are going to be really high on him again. That sample size isn't going to be enough for fans of other teams. Sorry, but at least on Realgm, this trade is presently doomed.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#15 » by Fo-Real » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:35 pm

jbk1234 wrote:TJ has played relatively well his first two games which means Suns fans are going to be really high on him again. That sample size isn't going to be enough for fans of other teams. Sorry, but at least on Realgm, this trade is presently doomed.

Sun's fans have never NOT been high on him. Tj averaged 19 a game last year, without shooting threes.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#16 » by gaspar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:52 am

Can you guys please stop posting all these stupid trades where the Suns are giving TJ Warren away for free? Thanks.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#17 » by Saberestar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 am

Bentley1225 wrote:Well a deal could be altered between these 3 teams to simplify:

To Phoenix
-Jerryd Bayless

To Philadelphia
-Zach Randolph

To Sacramento
-TJ Warren

Suns dump the Warren contract while getting short term PG depth, Sixers clear up glut of PGs, and Kings free up glut of 4s while getting younger/long term 6th man.

Warren is on a bargain contract.

Stop with this idea.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#18 » by hcsilla » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:TJ has played relatively well his first two games which means Suns fans are going to be really high on him again.

It is already 3. And it was not relatively well, it was very well.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,538

Post#19 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Last I checked:
Warren had a per of 29, a TS% of 70 and 20 ppg
Meanwhile Josh Jackson had a per of 2, a TS% of 45.6% and 7.7 ppg.

On the other hand:
when Warren plays: 103.9 off 119.1 def -15.2 net rating.
when Jackson plays: 103.2 off 110.3 def -7.1 net rating.

Are those high on Warren simultaneously low on Jackson?
And are those low on Warren simultaneously high on Jackson?

Return to Trades and Transactions