Bulls -Kings- blazers ( solving all issues)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Bulls -Kings- blazers ( solving all issues) 

Post#1 » by scottyg » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Bulls trade -
- Omer Asik
- Christano Felicio
- Future 2nd rd pick

Bulls get -
- Even Turner

Why? They get rid of their clutter on centers and get Turner who either start SF or help run the 2nd team offense, if Dunn gets hurt I don’t trust Cam Payne to run the offense and this helps up get max money in 2019- 2020 and get out of Felicos contract

Blazers trade -
- Meyers Leonard
- Even Turner

Blazers get-
- Zack Randolph
- Ben Maclamore
- Christano Felcio
-2019 1st rd pick. ( lottery Protected this year , top 20 next year and then it turns into 2 2nd rd picks

Why? They clear bout 17 million in cap room for next year and save 2 million this year and sucks they have to take on Felcio contract but that’s the price I have to pay

Kings trade -
Ben Maclamore
- Zack Randolph

Kings get -
- Omer Asik
- Meyers Leonard
- future bulls 2nd rd pick
- Por 1st rd pick lottery Protected this year top 20 next year and then it turns into 2 2nd rd picks

Why? Take a chance on getting a 1st rd pick, Asik can be bought out for 3 million next year and Leonard expires after next year, use their exp to get some assets and open up more playing time for young guys !

Thoughts ? There’s lots of options to switch players around here but I think these 3 teams can help each other out
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Re: Bulls -Kings- blazers ( solving all issues) 

Post#2 » by becorz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 pm

I think the trade would be decent for the Kings, but you would have to lower the protection on that pick in future years. It too easily can become a second round pick
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#3 » by Soulyss » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Portland is not trading rotation players and a 1st for garbage. Cutting this salary doesn't allow the Blazers to sign anyone (still over the cap) so what is the point?
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#4 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 pm

Soulyss wrote:Portland is not trading rotation players and a 1st for garbage. Cutting this salary doesn't allow the Blazers to sign anyone (still over the cap) so what is the point?

not so fast

this trade cuts about 12M in salary and tax off of this year's cap; and it cuts about 22M off of next year's salary base...that's significant. And while Turner and Meyers could be called "rotation" players, they are at the bottom of the rotation...hardly irreplaceable.

and, unfortunately, Paul Allen is no longer the owner so the standard equation of cap vs draft picks is no longer certain. This trade would clean off the 2 worst contracts still on the Blazer books and that might be a priority of interim management setting the team up for sale

the biggest problem is it's a 2 for 3 trade and Portland is already at the roster limit. But that's easily solved...Kings keep Mclemore and then, Portland drops under the tax threshold

I approve of that revised version
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#5 » by Blazinaway » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:11 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
Soulyss wrote:Portland is not trading rotation players and a 1st for garbage. Cutting this salary doesn't allow the Blazers to sign anyone (still over the cap) so what is the point?

not so fast

this trade cuts about 12M in salary and tax off of this year's cap; and it cuts about 22M off of next year's salary base...that's significant. And while Turner and Meyers could be called "rotation" players, they are at the bottom of the rotation...hardly irreplaceable.

and, unfortunately, Paul Allen is no longer the owner so the standard equation of cap vs draft picks is no longer certain. This trade would clean off the 2 worst contracts still on the Blazer books and that might be a priority of interim management setting the team up for sale

the biggest problem is it's a 2 for 3 trade and Portland is already at the roster limit. But that's easily solved...Kings keep Mclemore and then, Portland drops under the tax threshold

am I misreading something - the OP's trade has POR receiving a 1st NOT giving one up, and agree we don't want McLemore
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:54 am

Blazinaway wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

not so fast

am I misreading something - the OP's trade has POR receiving a 1st NOT giving one up, and agree we don't want McLemore

Portland receives a lottery protected 1st(from Chicago I believe) that becomes a top 20 protected in 2020 then 2 seconds starting in 2021. Portland sends out their their first as well with the same protections. The difference is in likelihood of being conveyed in 2019(minimal Portland receives Chicago's first and pretty good conveys their own in 2019)
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
scottyg
Rookie

Post#7 » by scottyg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 am

scottyg wrote:Bulls trade -
- Omer Asik
- Christano Felicio
- Future 2nd rd pick

Bulls get -
- Even Turner

Why? They get rid of their clutter on centers and get Turner who either start SF or help run the 2nd team offense, if Dunn gets hurt I don’t trust Cam Payne to run the offense and this helps up get max money in 2019- 2020 and get out of Felicos contract

Blazers trade -
- Meyers Leonard
- Even Turner
- 2019 1st rd pick. ( lottery Protected this year , top 20 next year and then it turns into 2 2nd rd picks

Blazers get-
- Zack Randolph
- Ben Maclamore
- Christano Felcio

Why? They clear bout 17 million in cap room for next year and save 2 million this year and sucks they have to take on Felcio contract but that’s the price I have to pay

Kings trade -
Ben Maclamore
- Zack Randolph

Kings get -
- Omer Asik
- Meyers Leonard
- future bulls 2nd rd pick
- Por 1st rd pick lottery Protected this year top 20 next year and then it turns into 2 2nd rd picks

Why? Take a chance on getting a 1st rd pick, Asik can be bought out for 3 million next year and Leonard expires after next year, use their exp to get some assets and open up more playing time for young guys !

Thoughts ? There’s lots of options to switch players around here but I think these 3 teams can help each other out
scottyg
Rookie

Post#8 » by scottyg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:10 am

I updated it and no Portland does not receive any picks, they send one out

- I also thought bout making a Mo Harkless for Iman Shumpert swap and give the blazer 11 million more in cap space to justify the 1st rd pick and give Sacramento a young SF to build on !
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,532

Post#9 » by zzaj » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:39 am

The OP isn't bad...as a Blazer fan, I'd have to think about it, but I'd probably be in favor. I would worry about the Blazer Center depth. It leaves Nurkic and Collins as the only two players on the Blazer roster above 6'9".
scottyg
Rookie

Post#10 » by scottyg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 am

Felicio is 6”9 -270
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#11 » by Blazinaway » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:43 pm

zzaj wrote:The OP isn't bad...as a Blazer fan, I'd have to think about it, but I'd probably be in favor. I would worry about the Blazer Center depth. It leaves Nurkic and Collins as the only two players on the Blazer roster above 6'9".

How bout subbing Koufus for Zach? gives Blazers some insurance at C and he's an 8 mil expiring who will see limited to no minutes with all Sacs bigs
scottyg
Rookie

Post#12 » by scottyg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:04 pm

I don’t think it matters, as long as the bulls get Turner and get out Felcios contract and the blazers get useful players that are expiring contracts and the Kings get draft picks !
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,453

Post#13 » by Myth » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:42 am

I don't mind it for Portland. I'd like it more if it is two years of top 20 protected, but this is fine.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#14 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am

No thanks. Thus does nothing for Sac but give our cap space to Portland for maybe a crappy pick.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#15 » by ChettheJet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:07 pm

For the Bulls. Great to ditch Asik and Felicio all at once and get an actual player in return. The problem really isn't even Turner's contract. It's that they clear the centers that they don't want, even if it appears the may just cut Asik loose and not care about his contract, but they end up with too many wing players and not enough minutes. When Valentine is ready to play and Markkanen returns they have Markkanen and Portis at the 4, Parker, Turner and Holiday at the 3 with Valentine and Hutchison behind Lavine at the 2. And with Dunn out they're woefully short at the PG.

So this solves one problem for the Bulls, leaves another and creates a third.

Return to Trades and Transactions