Raptors go for it all and grab butler ( min,tor, pho)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1 » by scottyg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:41 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Why? The raptors get butler create a super team

The suns Get their PG and a decent back up big man

And Min get some young good Tibs style players and get a veteran mentor in chandler and take see if Val can play with towns if not then trade him at the deadline !

Thoughts ?!
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: Raptors go for it all and grab butler ( min,tor, pho) 

Post#2 » by pelifan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:46 pm

i think you need to click your own link
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Post#3 » by shrink » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:47 pm

No one can see your trade. Just type it out, in an IN/OUT format.

If you want to also include a link to the ESPN Trade Checker, save the trade so it has an ID, then send the link that has the trade ID. But do the readers a favor, and take the time to type out your trade.

From what I can tell though, it’s off to a bad start. Adding two centers, when MIN’s best player is at that position, means those young assets better be the best ones TOR has.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
scottyg
Rookie

Post#4 » by scottyg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Raptors get - Jimmy Butler

Suns get - Dieng + Tyus Jones

Min gets - Valcuincas + Tyson Chandler + Delon Wright + Anunuoby + 2nd round pick via Suns
+ 2nd rd pick via Raptors or future 1st

And Min get some young good Tibs style players and get a veteran mentor in chandler and take see if Val can play with towns if not then trade him at the deadline !

Thoughts ?![/quote]
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,814

Post#5 » by psman2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:07 pm

scottyg wrote:Raptors get - Jimmy Butler

Min gets - Valcuincas + Tyson Chandler + Delon Wright + Anunuoby + 2nd round pick via Suns

Thoughts ?!

Jones doesn't clean Dieng enough to get an expiring contract, and for sure no draft incentive would come from Phoenix.
shrink
RealGM

Post#6 » by shrink » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pm

psman2 wrote:

Thoughts ?!

Jones doesn't clean Dieng enough to get an expiring contract, and for sure no draft incentive would come from Phoenix.

I kind of agree. PHX could certainly use Tyus Jones, like yesterday, but since he’s on the final year of rookie scale, I don’t think he has that value. To be honest, Dieng wouldn’t be the worst fit in PHX either, if they didn’t hope to do something with next year’s cap space. I’ve suggested Tyus and Keita Bates-Diop for that late MIL pick and filler, and that has received some positive (and a little negative) feedback from all sides.

However, the point I would make is that in this deal, MIN is paying the freight to move Dieng, TOR doesn’t help with any value. So the actual Butler deal is for Valanciunas, OG, Wright, and a 2nd or 1st. MIN doesn’t have a lot of use for Valanciunis, and the market for centers like him is shrinking fast. I appreciate that the OP is trying to move Jones to make room for Wright, but the trade works better if he also moves Valanciunas elsewhere, for a swingman or other compensation — especially with MIn also receiving Chandler in this deal.

Good attempt, and you’re right - Jimmy-to-TOR needs to be a 3 or 4 team deal, because except for OG and maybe Siakim, TOR’s pieces don’t fit MIN’s needs.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,963

Post#7 » by wolves_89 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:36 pm

I don't get why the Wolves would have any interest. The deal makes Minnesota considerably worse this season which is something Thibs isn't going to go for. Valanciunas/Chandler don't fill a need and end up costing the same $48M as Dieng. I'd also rather keep Jones over Wright. So the only real positive of the deal is Anunoby and a couple 2nds, and while Anunoby is a nice piece he has nowhere near the value to make this an attractive deal for Minnesota. Easy no for the Wolves.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#8 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Thoughts ?!
Toronto says no, no way do they give up Jonas Valančiūnas, Wright and Anunoby for Butler. Minny doesn't need both Chandler and Jonas Valančiūnas but they still get good value of Butler is on his way out
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
scottyg
Rookie

Post#9 » by scottyg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:57 pm

How bout sending val to Atlanta for Bazemore?
scottyg
Rookie

Post#10 » by scottyg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Min gets -
- Kent Bazemore
- Tyson Chandler
-Delon Wright
- OG Anunoby
-2021 1st rd draft pick via Tor
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#11 » by dalton749 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:35 pm

The only way I want Toronto to trade for butler is it they can somehow get him while only giving up Miles, powell, wright and a pick which Minny would have to be stupid to do.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Make it Powell instead of JV but Anunbouy would have to be included. There's no real discussion otherwise.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#13 » by Asif16 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:43 am

scottyg wrote:How bout sending val to Atlanta for Bazemore?

Have you looked at our roster? Last thing we need is another Wing player, especially in place of a Big man too.

Raptors are practically using only 3 bigs, Val/Ibaka/Siakam. We're going small ball every other time.
shrink
RealGM

Post#14 » by shrink » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 am

Asif16 wrote:

Have you looked at our roster? Last thing we need is another Wing player, especially in place of a Big man too.

Raptors are practically using only 3 bigs, Val/Ibaka/Siakam. We're going small ball every other time.

Um, Bazemore would then go to the Wolves.

“Have you looked at the roster?” How about you stop taking shots at others, and read the trade?
Asif16
RealGM

Post#15 » by Asif16 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:51 am

shrink wrote:
Asif16 wrote:

“Have you looked at the roster?” How about you stop taking shots at others, and read the trade?

Dude, I just asked a simple question. It wasnt a shot.

But regardless, yeah my bad for interpreting it wrong. I saw the original trade but thought this one was a separate trade from it that you suddenly thought of
shrink
RealGM

Post#16 » by shrink » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:54 am

Asif16 wrote:
shrink wrote:
Asif16 wrote:

Dude, I just asked a simple question. It wasnt a shot. f

Wow. So you asked a Raptors fan if he had looked at the TOR roster, and that wasn’t a shot, because you said it in the form of a question?
Asif16
RealGM

Post#17 » by Asif16 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 am

shrink wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
shrink wrote:Um, Bazemore would then go to the Wolves.

But regardless, yeah my bad for interpreting it wrong. I saw the original trade but thought this one was a separate trade from it that you suddenly thought of

Wow. So you asked a Raptors fan if he had looked at the TOR roster, and that wasn’t a shot, because you said it in the form of a question?

I didnt even know you a raps fan :lol:
shrink
RealGM

Post#18 » by shrink » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:59 am

Asif16 wrote:
shrink wrote:
Asif16 wrote:

You can avoid embarrassing posts if you read more closely before you start typing something incorrect.
Asif16
RealGM

Post#19 » by Asif16 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:00 am

shrink wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
shrink wrote:Wow. So you asked a Raptors fan if he had looked at the TOR roster, and that wasn’t a shot, because you said it in the form of a question?

You can avoid embarrassing posts if you read more closely before you start typing something incorrect.

lol fair enough man
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#20 » by Streakers33 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 am

Toronto just trades
Ibaka, Wright, miles, OG
For
Butler and Gibson.

That saves them Ibakas last year adds butler to rotation..

And then suns trade

Bender, chandler, warren
For
Teague, dieng

Suns add a lil payroll but get a legit pg and keep the core ..

Then trade wolves pick and chandler to Kings ...

Toronto looks star studded.. suns literally improve. Wolves cut long term salary. Add quality youth. Ibaka next to towns is actually a good play..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Trades and Transactions