Raptors go for it all and grab butler ( min,tor, pho)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,174

Re: Raptors go for it all and grab butler ( min,tor, pho) 

Post#21 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:14 pm

scottyg wrote:How bout sending val to Atlanta for Bazemore?

No, Jonas Valančiūnas is worth more than another wing. We have Powell, Wright, VanVleet, Green, Anunoby and Leonard. We don't need Bazemore. I also don't like the idea of sending him to Minny at the cost of Jonas Valančiūnas as well.

Streakers33 wrote:Toronto just trades
Ibaka, Wright, miles, OG
For
Butler and Gibson.

That saves them Ibakas last year adds butler to rotation..

And then suns trade

Bender, chandler, warren
For
Teague, dieng

Suns add a lil payroll but get a legit pg and keep the core ..

Then trade wolves pick and chandler to Kings ...

Toronto looks star studded.. suns literally improve. Wolves cut long term salary. Add quality youth. Ibaka next to towns is actually a good play..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I easily take that deal if I am Toronto. Yes Anunoby's in it and he looks like a very good defensive wing. Butler with all his antics is still a very good two way player. Throwing out a lineup of Lowry, Green, Butler, Leonard, Siakam or Valančiūnas might just give Toronto the edge when playing Boston or Golden State. I also like Gibson the guy is one of these players you want on your team as he's really good at setting screens, rebounding and plays hard nosed defense.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#22 » by mademan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm

On paper, the most I'd do is OG+Powell+Miles for Butler+small contract. $$$ wise, we cant take Dieng. Ibaka will be easier to move this summer when he's an expiring contract and a lot of teams have cap and others (like Cavs) have non-guaranteed contract to allow cap relief. Dieng will be more difficult to move and we'd need the space to be able to re-sign both Butler and Kawhi

In reality, I cant see the FO even entertaining a Butler trade. A lot of these guys we would be moving contribute to a strong environment and are leaders of the team. Ibaka and Miles are vets that have taken leadership roles and Powell is one of Kawhi's best friends on the team and they have family ties as well (with their mothers). Green's both a leader and has a relationship with Kawhi as well. Trading them for the locker room firestorm that is Butler is too much of a risk for a practical organization to take.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,084

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:33 pm

mademan wrote:On paper, the most I'd do is OG+Powell+Miles for Butler+small contract. $$$ wise, we cant take Dieng. Ibaka will be easier to move this summer when he's an expiring contract and a lot of teams have cap and others (like Cavs) have non-guaranteed contract to allow cap relief. Dieng will be more difficult to move and we'd need the space to be able to re-sign both Butler and Kawhi

In reality, I cant see the FO even entertaining a Butler trade. A lot of these guys we would be moving contribute to a strong environment and are leaders of the team. Ibaka and Miles are vets that have taken leadership roles and Powell is one of Kawhi's best friends on the team and they have family ties as well (with their mothers). Green's both a leader and has a relationship with Kawhi as well. Trading them for the locker room firestorm that is Butler is too much of a risk for a practical organization to take.

I'm not sure I agree with the bolded. There's a lot of fans saying player X will be easier to move when they're expiring (a questionable assumption) but I don't really the see they dynamic changing with Ibaka. The Cavs will have $56 committed to their front court next year between Love, TT, and Nance Jr. They're not going take on another $23 million with Ibaka's contract for cheap. I think well-paid big men will continue to to be difficult to move until 2020.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
mademan
RealGM

Post#24 » by mademan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
mademan wrote:On paper, the most I'd do is OG+Powell+Miles for Butler+small contract. $$$ wise, we cant take Dieng. Ibaka will be easier to move this summer when he's an expiring contract and a lot of teams have cap and others (like Cavs) have non-guaranteed contract to allow cap relief. Dieng will be more difficult to move and we'd need the space to be able to re-sign both Butler and Kawhi

I'm not sure I agree with the bolded. There's a lot of fans saying player X will be easier to move when they're expiring (a questionable assumption) but I don't really the see they dynamic changing with Ibaka. The Cavs will have $56 committed to their front court next year between Love, TT, and Nance Jr. They're not going take on another $23 million with Ibaka's contract for cheap. I think well-paid big men will continue to to be difficult to move until 2020.

I guess the Cavs are in heavy luxury tax. That said, we saw teams, like the Nuggets, move off of Chandler for just a 1st. Im not sure why Ibaka cant be moved in the same manner, especially when there will be more cap space around.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#25 » by scottyg » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:10 pm

When I said send Val to Atlanta for Bazemore I meant Bazemore was goin to Minnesota with OG and Wright !
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#26 » by Resistance » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:35 pm

mademan wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I guess the Cavs are in heavy luxury tax. That said, we saw teams, like the Nuggets, move off of Chandler for just a 1st. Im not sure why Ibaka cant be moved in the same manner, especially when there will be more cap space around.

Wilson Chandler 31 $12,800,562 (expiring)

Ibaka next season

Serge Ibaka 29 $23,271,604 (expiring)
mademan
RealGM

Post#27 » by mademan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Resistance wrote:
mademan wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Ibaka next season

Ibaka actually plays games and isnt this horrible negative that people like to point out. He gives the Raps good minutes and would give good minutes to another team, even if he's horribly overpaid
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#28 » by Resistance » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:31 pm

mademan wrote:
Resistance wrote:
mademan wrote:

Ibaka next season

Ibaka actually plays games and isnt this horrible negative that people like to point out. He gives the Raps good minutes and would give good minutes to another team, even if he's horribly overpaid

Chandler is a wing for which there is a stronger demand than for a big such as Ibaka.

$12,800,562 (Chandler) / $101,869,000 = 12.57% of the 2018 - 19 Salary Cap

$23,271,604 (Ibaka) / $109,000,000 = 21.35% of the 2019 - 20 Salary Cap

Chandler's percentage of the 2018 - 19 salary cap is low enough that Philadelphia could carry him as a spare tire/insurance.

Ibaka's percentage of the 2019 - 20 salary cap will be large enough that teams like Philadelphia are going to be hesitant to carry him as a spare tire / insurance.

Since the expectation is that there will be less interest from the Philadelphia type of teams for Ibaka (expiring) compared to Chandler (expiring), it is more likely that it will be rebuilding teams such as Atlanta, Sacramento that would be a solicited to take Ibaka in a trade. Bagley has played in three games this season while Zach has played in zero games. Bagley is considered part of the future for Sacramento while Zach is part of the past for Memphis.

The compensation attached to a veteran on the decline is often of more interest to the Sacramento and Atalanta type of teams rather than what the veteran could potentially do on the court.
mademan
RealGM

Post#29 » by mademan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Resistance wrote:
mademan wrote:
Resistance wrote:

Ibaka next season

Chandler is a wing for which there is a stronger demand than for a big such as Ibaka.

$12,800,562 (Chandler) / $101,869,000 = 12.57% of the 2018 - 19 Salary Cap

$23,271,604 (Ibaka) / $109,000,000 = 21.35% of the 2019 - 20 Salary Cap

Chandler's percentage of the 2018 - 19 salary cap is low enough that Philadelphia could carry him as a spare tire/insurance.

Ibaka's percentage of the 2019 - 20 salary cap will be large enough that teams like Philadelphia are going to be hesitant to carry him as a spare tire / insurance.

Since the expectation is that there will be less interest from the Philadelphia type of teams for Ibaka (expiring) compared to Chandler (expiring), it is more likely that it will be rebuilding teams such as Atlanta, Sacramento that would be a solicited to take Ibaka in a trade. Bagley has played in three games this season while Zach has played in zero games. Bagley is considered part of the future for Sacramento while Zach is part of the past for Memphis.

The compensation attached to a veteran on the decline is often of more interest to the Sacramento and Atalanta type of teams rather than what the veteran could potentially do on the court.

I disagree. Chandler had an awful season last year and was even relatively healthy. Ibaka is not a bad player. He's much more productive than Chandler and will be expiring in a year where many teams have cap space.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,174

Post#30 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:56 pm

scottyg wrote:When I said send Val to Atlanta for Bazemore I meant Bazemore was goin to Minnesota with OG and Wright !
Why would Toronto trade OG Anunoby, Wright and Jonas Valančiūnas for Butler? Better question is why does Minnesota want Bazemore? He would look terrible next to Wiggins. If Butler is gone they spotless be acquiring as many rebuilding pieces on cap friendly deals. I don't think Boston wants him because they are heavily invested in Tatum and I think Brown is too good to move away from and Hayward is pretty much not going to move.

I think Philly should look to add him as they need a veteran they have great young pieces in Embiid and Simmons but we seen what Boston did to them last year and this year. If they could get him and Dieng for a combo of Saric, Fultz, Bayless or Chandler and Muscala that I think makes them that much better.

The Bucks should also be looking to see what his price is. Like off the top of my head Bogdan, Bledsoe, Henson and Maker for Dieng and a Butler should work salary wise
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#31 » by Saul Goodman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm

To Phoenix:
Delon Wright
Malachi Richardson

to Toronto:
Gorgui Dieng
Jimmy Butler

To Minnesota:
Serge Ibaka
TJ Warren
CJ Miles
Troy Daniels
2021 Raptors 1st (lotto Protected)

Minnesota gets 4 rotational pieces and some cap flex down the road getting rid of Dieng.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo

Return to Trades and Transactions