Get OKC some shooters

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Get OKC some shooters 

Post#1 » by Dn4sty » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:23 am

I know this has been talked about like crazy but let’s run this scenario out again.

OKC is in desperate need of shooters. Ideally they wouldn’t want crazy bad salary, and as everyone should know by now, they don’t have much in the way of assets.

So who makes sense

Troy Daniels?
Anthony Tolliver?
Korver?
Fournier?
Lee?

OKC can’t trade a 1st till 2024 (unless the Magic are included and they were willing to send out the OKC 2020 1st round pick). Also a OKC could lower protections if they dealt with magic.

The same scenario exists with the Hawks and the 2022 1st)

As far as available players

Ferguson
Diallo (although many OKC fans are pretty high on him)
Schroder
Abrines
They also have the Melo TPE (approximately 11 million)
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Re: Get OKC some shooters 

Post#2 » by cgf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 am

OKC in: Lee + Burke + Vonleh
OKC out: Schröder + Albrines

PHX in: Schröder
PHX out: Arthur + Daniels + 2 SRPs

NYK in: Albrines + Arthur + Daniels
NYK out: Lee + Burke + Vonleh

Send Daniels to OKC if they'd rather have the extra shooting depth than the tax-relief, cut Albrines out if OKC would rather keep him...as I was thinking about maximizing their luxury tax savings.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,087

Post#3 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:27 am

Trouble is the only real filler would be Abrines, himself a shooter even if not as polished as you'd want, and PPat, a shooter at a very shallow position. I guess they still have a TPE? Doubt it gets used though.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#4 » by Mykhyn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:32 am

cgf wrote:OKC in: Lee + Burke + Kornet

NYK out: Lee + Burke + Kornet

Send Daniels to OKC if they'd rather have the extra shooting depth than the tax-relief.

Suns waived Arthur last week, they can't use him for salary
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#5 » by cgf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:34 am

Cklbmk wrote:

Send Daniels to OKC if they'd rather have the extra shooting depth than the tax-relief.

I missed that. Would they use Chandler as a salary filler to get Schröder instead?
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#6 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:39 am

Dn4sty wrote:I know this has been talked about like crazy but let’s run this scenario out again.

OKC is in desperate need of shooters. Ideally they wouldn’t want crazy bad salary, and as everyone should know by now, they don’t have much in the way of assets.

So who makes sense

Troy Daniels?
Anthony Tolliver?
Korver?
Fournier?
Lee?

I would start with what kind of players/picks are on the table.

Then I would ask if OKC were willing in taking back long term or bad salary.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#7 » by Dn4sty » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:41 am

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:I know this has been talked about like crazy but let’s run this scenario out again.

So who makes sense

Troy Daniels?
Anthony Tolliver?
Korver?
Fournier?
Lee?

I would start with what kind of players/picks are on the table.

Then I would ask if OKC were willing in taking back long term or bad salary.

Sorry I’ll add some stuff and edit OP
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#8 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:16 am

Ben McLemore can be had on the cheap

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#9 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:22 am

They should have traded for Lee last year in the Melo deal. Same for KOQ.

They have the backup C now at least

Ferguson Abrines Singler was a perfect package for the Knicks IMO
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:27 pm

cgf wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

I missed that. Would they use Chandler as a salary filler to get Schröder instead?

Schroder for expiring contracts? OKC is going to have to include enough value that they use don’t have. 2 1sts?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:30 pm

But seriously, Korver seems right there being available. Abrines and a 2nd or two? Cleveland gets younger and with a guy that might be able to keep up with their new pace focused offense, and they get the positive press with agents and players of putting Korver onto a “win now” team.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#12 » by K_chile22 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm

This is my favorite annual thread
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,087

Post#13 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:39 pm

K_chile22 wrote:This is my favorite annual thread

This is at least the tin anniversary of the inaugural.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:But seriously, Korver seems right there being available. Abrines and a 2nd or two? Cleveland gets younger and with a guy that might be able to keep up with their new pace focused offense, and they get the positive press with agents and players of putting Korver onto a “win now” team.

OKC really doesn't have any picks to trade. I'd love to find a third team who would ship them a cheap but serviceable PF for Arbines and then the Cavs could trade Frye and Korver to OKC for P. Pat.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:But seriously, Korver seems right there being available. Abrines and a 2nd or two? Cleveland gets younger and with a guy that might be able to keep up with their new pace focused offense, and they get the positive press with agents and players of putting Korver onto a “win now” team.

OKC really doesn't have any picks to trade. I'd love to find a third team who would ship them a cheap but serviceable PF for Arbines and then the Cavs could trade Frye and Korver to OKC for P. Pat.

They have all their 2nds going forward. Their 1sts are locked up, but really, a combo of Korver and Frye isn’t going to net a 1st at this time. A couple of 2nds, sure. But unless you’re taking back a Schroder or other bad contract, I’m not sure a 1st is involved
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

They have all their 2nds going forward. Their 1sts are locked up, but really, a combo of Korver and Frye isn’t going to net a 1st at this time. A couple of 2nds, sure. But unless you’re taking back a Schroder or other bad contract, I’m not sure a 1st is involved

I'm actually torn on whether we should be trading Korver for picks or a useful player atm. But OKC's seconds are going to be late in the second round for the foreseeable future. It's not an offer that makes you want to do the trade immediately as OKC is not the only playoff team that could use more shooting.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:08 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I'm actually torn on whether we should be trading Korver for picks or a useful player atm. But OKC's seconds are going to be late in the second round for the foreseeable future. It's not an offer that makes you want to do the trade immediately as OKC is not the only playoff team that could use more shooting.

That’s absolutely fair, but it doesn’t mean you can get a 1st because of it. His value is still closer to two late 2nds than it is to a 1st. And the longer you wait, the less impact Korver would have for his new team, so the same or less value as now.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

That’s absolutely fair, but it doesn’t mean you can get a 1st because of it. His value is still closer to two late 2nds than it is to a 1st. And the longer you wait, the less impact Korver would have for his new team, so the same or less value as now.

His value could go up or down depending on how teams perform and how badly they need shooters. But I'd want at least one good second round pick. A late second or two will be available at the deadline and the Cavs aren't in a position where they need to rush anything.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#19 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Jonathon Simmons
SRP

for

Alex Albrines
Lowered protections on owed FRP (Top 20 to lottery)
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Jonathon Simmons
SRP

for

Alex Albrines
Lowered protections on owed FRP (Top 20 to lottery)

I don't really think of Simmons as a shooter and OKC is the one eating salary next year. Given the fact that they're a repeater tax team, that seems unlikely.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions