The Raptors want FVV to GTFO - Best offer wins an And-1

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Re: The Raptors want FVV to GTFO - Best offer wins an And-1 

Post#21 » by Resistance » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 am

Getting approval from KCP is the biggest roadblock.

Toronto
In: KCP
Out: FVV, Malachi Richardson, Cash, second round pick

Lakers
In: Ariza
Out: KCP, Cash, second round pick

Phoenix
In: FVV, Malachi Richardson, Lakers second round pick, Toronto second round pick, Cash from LA, Cash from Toronto
Out: Ariza

* Toronto takes on slightly more salary this season, but gets rid of the second year on the FVV contract.
Malachi (or similar) is salary filler.

* Lakers swap KCP and minor assets to get a veteran mobile defensive body at the 3/4. Kuzma and LeBron tend to rest
on defense.

* Phoenix takes a chance on FVV and gets minor assets to cover taking the second year on the FVV contract.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 am

OrlandoDream wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:What has OG done to warrant more value then Fournier? 8pt and 3reb. WHOWHEEEE!!!

Fournier would at least provide an immediate scoring/playmaking piece for Toronto. Orlando is the one taking the risk on an unproven player and an undersized PG. Your not getting a 1st for either.

If Anunoby lacks value, why would you want him for Evan Fournier?
Salary dump and OG fits the timeline with this current roster.

So you want to salary dump Fournier, and you think that you should also get a high level prospect?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#23 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:20 am

Resistance wrote:Getting approval from KCP is the biggest roadblock.

Toronto

Lakers

Phoenix
In: FVV, Malachi Richardson, Lakers second round pick, Toronto second round pick, Cash from LA, Cash from Toronto

* Toronto takes on slightly more salary this season, but gets rid of the second year on the FVV contract.

* Lakers swap KCP and minor assets to get a veteran mobile defensive body at the 3/4. Kuzma and LeBron tend to rest
on defense.

* Phoenix takes a chance on FVV and gets minor assets to cover taking the second year on the FVV contract.
Don't really trust KCP he's a guy I think that isn't a upgrade at the two over Freddy. Both guys have their strengths and weaknesses and I don't see KCP's strengths outweighing VanVleet's. I don't see KCP as a clutch three point shooter and when Powell comes back what do we do with Green, KCP and Powell? I don't see us paying $20 in the next two years to have those two on the roster. I think Toronto has to address their lack of three point shooting and to after a Ariza or even PJ Tucker would look really good here. Right now this team needs a secondary option as Leonard looks like he's tired of carrying this team
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Resistance
General Manager

Post#24 » by Resistance » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:53 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Toronto

Lakers

Phoenix

on defense.

Don't really trust KCP he's a guy I think that isn't a upgrade at the two over Freddy. Both guys have their strengths and weaknesses and I don't see KCP's strengths outweighing VanVleet's. I don't see KCP as a clutch three point shooter and when Powell comes back what do we do with Green, KCP and Powell? I don't see us paying $20 in the next two years to have those two on the roster. I think Toronto has to address their lack of three point shooting and to after a Ariza or even PJ Tucker would look really good here. Right now this team needs a secondary option as Leonard looks like he's tired of carrying this team

FVV. Fred Van Vleet.

Any offers? *Can* be a steady PG, solid defensively, streaky shooter, undersized, decent contract.

Raptors would likely extend Delon if they can deal Fred. Raptors need shooting, rebounding, and someone who can provide something to the bench.

Willing to listen to offers coupling OG to Fred. Even adding a future 1st (not this year).

There are multiple goals in the OP and I don't know if all of them can be met with one trade. I chose moving FVV for an expiring KCP at a modest cost for Toronto as a goal.

I failed at accomplishing the goal of bringing in a secondary option to help Leonard, but that is your goal and not mine.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#25 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:23 am

Resistance wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Toronto

Lakers

Phoenix

on defense.

FVV. Fred Van Vleet.

Any offers? *Can* be a steady PG, solid defensively, streaky shooter, undersized, decent contract.

Raptors would likely extend Delon if they can deal Fred. Raptors need shooting, rebounding, and someone who can provide something to the bench.

Willing to listen to offers coupling OG to Fred. Even adding a future 1st (not this year).

There are multiple goals in the OP and I don't know if all of them can be met with one trade. I chose moving FVV for an expiring KCP at a modest cost for Toronto as a goal.

I failed at accomplishing the goal of bringing in a secondary option to help Leonard, but that is your goal and not mine.
Well your goal is flawed at least for me, KCP isn't that much better than Freddy all he does is save us $9 million next year. The Lakers are getting a homerun here I mean how can they upgrade KCP to Ariza without taking back bad salary?

For me Toronto needs a secondary scoring option like Beal or Kemba Walker I would love to see Beal in Toronto but I don't think we have the pieces to get him
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Resistance
General Manager

Post#26 » by Resistance » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Resistance wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Don't really trust KCP he's a guy I think that isn't a upgrade at the two over Freddy. Both guys have their strengths and weaknesses and I don't see KCP's strengths outweighing VanVleet's. I don't see KCP as a clutch three point shooter and when Powell comes back what do we do with Green, KCP and Powell? I don't see us paying $20 in the next two years to have those two on the roster. I think Toronto has to address their lack of three point shooting and to after a Ariza or even PJ Tucker would look really good here. Right now this team needs a secondary option as Leonard looks like he's tired of carrying this team

FVV. Fred Van Vleet.

Well your goal is flawed at least for me, KCP isn't that much better than Freddy all he does is save us $9 million next year. The Lakers are getting a homerun here I mean how can they upgrade KCP to Ariza without taking back bad salary?

For me Toronto needs a secondary scoring option like Beal or Kemba Walker I would love to see Beal in Toronto but I don't think we have the pieces to get him

Well your goal is flawed at least for me,

I understand that my goal was flawed from your POV, but let me point out a few things that you are ignoring.

1. You aren't the OP of this thread

2. I didn't quote you with my trade proposal, so your goals weren't going to be much of an influence on my trade proposal.

3. I skimmed back through this thread and found your earlier post on the first page.

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Until very recently, you had no previous activity in this thread, but you still want to flog me for not meeting your goals that weren't posted until AFTER I posted my trade proposal.

If my trade proposal was in response to your goals, then I could understand the criticism.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,473

Post#27 » by Chinook » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:07 am

I just don't see the point in worrying about re-signing another player. Two years ago the team extended Powell. The next season, fans wanted to trade Powell to make room to re-up FVV. Now someone wants to trade FVV to re-up another guy. Think the Raps should chill on re-signing low-level rotation players. Good teams lose those guys to attrition all the time. No need to freak out about it.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#28 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:22 am

I don't see why this couldn't be the 3rd team for Phoenix and LA.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Costanza23
Senior
And1: 882

Post#29 » by Costanza23 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Chinook wrote:I just don't see the point in worrying about re-signing another player. Two years ago the team extended Powell. The next season, fans wanted to trade Powell to make room to re-up FVV. Now someone wants to trade FVV to re-up another guy. Think the Raps should chill on re-signing low-level rotation players. Good teams lose those guys to attrition all the time. No need to freak out about it.

Not freaking out. Just suggesting a trade....on a trade board. But thanks for the input. Raps fans are never satisfied. It's that reason why we are #1.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 pm

They shouldn't be moving anyone via trade when they are the best team in the East so far.
Greed for more could get them instant pitfall.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Trades and Transactions