Use The Lakers Assets To Get The Best Return

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: Use The Lakers Assets To Get The Best Return 

Post#21 » by pelifan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:11 pm

They should do nothing if they cant land a max player. If they can they should trade Ingram, Ball and a first for the best player they can get (Holiday). Keep Kuzma.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#22 » by NYG » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:38 pm

pelifan wrote:They should do nothing if they cant land a max player. If they can they should trade Ingram, Ball and a first for the best player they can get (Holiday). Keep Kuzma.

I feel like any failed AD to the Lakers trade would cause too stubborn of feelings for any Jrue to the Lakers deal to ever really get any where.

Let’s take free agency out of it, eliminate AD, Beal and the other previously mentioned names (McCollum, DeRozan and Jrue)... is there really any realistic option worth Ingram, Ball and a 1st?
NYG
RealGM

Post#23 » by NYG » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Cklbmk wrote:
NYG wrote:Let’s say AD went to Boston, the top 10 free agents all sign else where and the Wizards decide to keep Bradley Beal, but LeBron demands veterans. What do you trade the Lakers assets for to get a veteran starter or 2?

IF Pop retires

Derozan for Ingram + filler

They could have LMA for Kuzma + filler in that situation too

I could get behind

Dejounte/Forbes
White/Walker
Ingram
Bertans(or Kuzma)
Poeltl/Metu

pretty easily

What would it take for the Lakers to get just Aldridge?
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#24 » by Mykhyn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:23 am

NYG wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
NYG wrote:Let’s say AD went to Boston, the top 10 free agents all sign else where and the Wizards decide to keep Bradley Beal, but LeBron demands veterans. What do you trade the Lakers assets for to get a veteran starter or 2?

IF Pop retires

I could get behind

Dejounte/Forbes
White/Walker
Ingram
Bertans(or Kuzma)
Poeltl/Metu

pretty easily

Ingram or Kuzma

Nothing else is that interesting for Spurs
NYG
RealGM

Post#25 » by NYG » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:38 am

Cklbmk wrote:
NYG wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

IF Pop retires

I could get behind

Dejounte/Forbes
White/Walker
Ingram
Bertans(or Kuzma)
Poeltl/Metu

pretty easily

Ingram or Kuzma

Ingram + Wagner for Aldridge?
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#26 » by Mykhyn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:00 am

NYG wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
NYG wrote:

Ingram or Kuzma

Ingram + Wagner for Aldridge?

Assuming Pop retires.. easily
pelifan
RealGM

Post#27 » by pelifan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 am

NYG wrote:
pelifan wrote:They should do nothing if they cant land a max player. If they can they should trade Ingram, Ball and a first for the best player they can get (Holiday). Keep Kuzma.

I feel like any failed AD to the Lakers trade would cause too stubborn of feelings for any Jrue to the Lakers deal to ever really get any where.

Let’s take free agency out of it, eliminate AD, Beal and the other previously mentioned names (McCollum, DeRozan and Jrue)... is there really any realistic option worth Ingram, Ball and a 1st?

Blake or Conley but they cant match salary. Drummond if we take out the 1st or maybe send one the other way. Gordon. long shot Turner if Indy picks Sabonis. Another longshot Gary Harris.
NYG
RealGM

Post#28 » by NYG » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 am

pelifan wrote:
NYG wrote:

Blake or Conley but they cant match salary. Drummond if we take out the 1st or maybe send one the other way. Gordon. long shot Turner if Indy picks Sabonis. Another longshot Gary Harris.

If Lakers renounce every one, then they have $13 Million or so after a Ball, Ingram and ‘19 1st for Blake deal
pelifan
RealGM

Post#29 » by pelifan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:01 am

NYG wrote:
pelifan wrote:
NYG wrote:

If Lakers renounce every one, then they have $13 Million or so after a Ball, Ingram and ‘19 1st for Blake deal

But the whole point is they sign another max player first....

Not worth it to make a move otherwise. Lerbon, Kuz, Blake is winning nothing
NYG
RealGM

Post#30 » by NYG » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:16 am

pelifan wrote:
NYG wrote:
pelifan wrote:

I feel like LeBron would rather use the Lakers first to turn Ingram into Griffin and Ball into the best free agent PG that $13 Million can buy.
pelifan
RealGM

Post#31 » by pelifan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:33 am

NYG wrote:
pelifan wrote:
NYG wrote:

I feel like LeBron would rather use the Lakers first to turn Ingram into Griffin and Ball into the best free agent PG that $13 Million can buy.

Bleh. I think the Lakers will have better options.

Max Kemba worst case and then throw Ingram Ball and firsts to get Gary Harris and Sabonis in a 3 team deal (Ingram and a first to Den, Ball and a first to Indy) Not sure if either of those players will be on the market but it makes sense for those teams to move on from redundant players. I imagine similar "good starters" with upside players will be out there.

Kemba
Harris
Bron
Kuz
Sabonis

I can go to war with that.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#32 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:29 am

To NOP: Kuzma + 2019 Lakers 1st + Huge TPE

To Wolves: Ball + Ingram + Huge TPE

To Lakers: Covington + Holiday + Teague

Assuming Lakers strike out on all big name free agents. They build a team around James’ weaknesses.

C: Vet by Committee
F: James
F: Covington
G: Holiday
G: Teague

James is surrounded by D and top tier role players (with Holiday being more than that). If James can recruit some sharp shooters off the bench (Redick, Korver, or ?) he makes a run a ring with much better team than current Lakers youth is providing.
NYG
RealGM

Post#33 » by NYG » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:25 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I'm doubt very much that the Wizards are keeping Beal past this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Let’s put him on the table, what Lakers package does it take to get him given they have the cap space to eat salary difference
NYG
RealGM

Post#34 » by NYG » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:26 pm

NYG wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I'm doubt very much that the Wizards are keeping Beal past this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Let’s put him on the table, what Lakers package does it take to get him given they have the cap space to eat salary difference

Kuzma, Ball, Hart and ‘19 1st?
KuzControl
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#35 » by KuzControl » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 pm

If we strike out on an AD trade and any max FA’s, we have to go for lower tier players. If we punt cap until 2020 for AD’s FA, then I’m pretty sure we have to renounce Ingram to open up a max slot, which is horrible management

I’d try and trade for Beal as well as getting Vucevic. Could work something around Ingram and Hart for Beal, possibly, which leaves roughly 20mil to sign Vooch I believe

Ball
Beal
James
Kuzma
Vucevic

Not a bad squad

Edit: If Wizards want more than Ingram and Hart, then Lakers can give up Ball too and sign a PG with the leftover 8mil or so in FA
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#36 » by tiderulz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:17 pm

KuzControl wrote:If we strike out on an AD trade and any max FA’s, we have to go for lower tier players. If we punt cap until 2020 for AD’s FA, then I’m pretty sure we have to renounce Ingram to open up a max slot, which is horrible management

I’d try and trade for Beal as well as getting Vucevic. Could work something around Ingram and Hart for Beal, possibly, which leaves roughly 20mil to sign Vooch I believe

Ball
Beal
James
Kuzma
Vucevic

Not a bad squad

Edit: If Wizards want more than Ingram and Hart, then Lakers can give up Ball too and sign a PG with the leftover 8mil or so in FA

if all it takes is $20mil, Orlando easily re-signs him. He just had a baby and seems to really like Orlando. also he makes more because of no state income taxes or "millionaire" taxes that places like LA and NYC have.
giberish wrote:Sign Vucevic. Should be available for $20-25M starting salary. Has LA ties and probably tired of infinite Orlando rebuild

as mentioned above, Vuc seems to like Orlando. he spend 1 year in high school in Simi Valley and 3 years at USC, moving from Switzerland. i think "ties" to LA area a bit overstated.

On the Magic board, we have talked about what it would take to re-sign Vuc. Most of us see it starting at $25mil, which we think the team would probably do now. We dont see offering him a max deal. but with the growth of the teams younger players and a competent head coach with us on pace to make the playoffs this year, I could very much see him re-signing to keep more stability with his wife and kid.
NYG
RealGM

Post#37 » by NYG » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Chris Paul for Lonzo and Ingram?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#38 » by azwfan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:18 am

#14 to GSW for #29 and a future 1st. (pay no attention to the logo next to my name)
Cap Space for Cousins for a price slightly below max.
Ball and Ingram (plus cap space) for McCollum.

McCollum
Hart
Kuzma
Lebron
Cousins

That should be a pretty formidable shooting lineup around Lebron. The bench may be weak - but they may be able to sign some good vets to minimum contracts with playing time available and they'll still have whomever they draft with their pick.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#39 » by -G- » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:45 pm

I'd say some of these proposals are insane, but Magic Johnson is running things, so anything is possible.

I think:

Ingram + 1st for Beal
Ball + 1st for Jrue Holiday
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#40 » by patman52 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:46 pm

I think Saric could be some value keeping the lanes open for James. Likewise if the clippers need space to sign a 2nd FA, Williams would be a fit.

Return to Trades and Transactions