Jrue Trades?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

PELICANSFAN
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Re: Jrue Trades? 

Post#41 » by PELICANSFAN » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:10 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
PELICANSFAN wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Holiday is awesome, but his age and contract has to hurt him a bit here. That Phx trade is way too much imo.

His value is an 8-14 pick in a weak draft.

Are you kidding? He is 28 and not even on a max deal. He is one of the best 2 way guards in the NBA and a top defender. He is easily worth a pick in the 2-3 range or a solid young player and later lottery pick.

2-3 is high, but only because I don't think many players are worth a pick in that range. Jrue is extremely good and I'd love to have him on OKC. But we can't afford him.
I don't think 2-3 is high at all in this draft.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#42 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm

PELICANSFAN wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
PELICANSFAN wrote:Are you kidding? He is 28 and not even on a max deal. He is one of the best 2 way guards in the NBA and a top defender. He is easily worth a pick in the 2-3 range or a solid young player and later lottery pick.

2-3 is high, but only because I don't think many players are worth a pick in that range. Jrue is extremely good and I'd love to have him on OKC. But we can't afford him.

If I’m the Bulls, there is no way I’m trading a top 5 pick. I’d rather spend that money on a free agent point like Bledsoe, who has a higher RPM and whose numbers are comparable to Holiday, AND keep my pick. So it’s Bledsoe or someone like Bledsoe AND my pick or Holiday. It’s an easy choice.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,638

Post#43 » by Qwigglez » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Yeah if the Suns land 2-4 I’d trade Johnson and do a pick swap with the Pels (assume they land 11-13). If the Suns land 5 or higher I’d trade Johnson and the pick straight up for Jrue.
Suns desperately need a leader to show the young guys how to win and play defense.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#44 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
PELICANSFAN wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

If I’m the Bulls, there is no way I’m trading a top 5 pick. I’d rather spend that money on a free agent point like Bledsoe, who has a higher RPM and whose numbers are comparable to Holiday, AND keep my pick. So it’s Bledsoe or someone like Bledsoe AND my pick or Holiday. It’s an easy choice.

The FA option is usually overblown, but I agree generally I'd rather have Morant, RJ, Reddish before I'd trade that pick for Jrue.

Jrue is very very good. But his 3 ball hasn't been very good recently and for most teams I still value the upside.

I think the days of trading a good starter but not all star for a top 5 pick are over in most circles.
PELICANSFAN
Bench Warmer

Post#45 » by PELICANSFAN » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
PELICANSFAN wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Bledsoe not in the same discussion as Jrue, but I see the justification for keeping the pick and taking on a little bit lesser player.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#46 » by panthermark » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:00 pm

I could see Chicago in the mix. Some mixture of our 1st round pick and Dunn. Assuming Asik clears to books in April, we will have about $21M in cap room (that includes the pick).
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#47 » by pelifan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Yeah if the Suns land 2-4 I’d trade Johnson and do a pick swap with the Pels (assume they land 11-13). If the Suns land 5 or higher I’d trade Johnson and the pick straight up for Jrue.
Suns desperately need a leader to show the young guys how to win and play defense.

this is about right to me, except the pelicans pick is going to be much higher than 11-13 so I'm not sure what Phx and NO can include to bridge the gap between 2-3 and Johnson for Jrue.

If Phx ends up 4 though as the draft looks right now NO probably doesnt need to add much to Jrue to get that pick while taking Johnson.

If I were Phx I'd try to trade the pick for Aaron Gordon first though and sign an Indy pg.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#48 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Pistons draft day offer:

Leuer (expiring), Galloway (expiring), Kennard, Brown, 2019 drafted player, 2020 FRP

Thoughts?
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#49 » by TBri1974 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Holiday becomes a lot more valuable after teams lose out on key free agents but have salary cleared. Then a few young assets and absorbing his contract makes sense. All that being said, Jrue is good, but I wouldnt personally want him on the rebuilding Knicks. Doesn't fit our timeline.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#50 » by Resistance » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Bledsoe was unhappy in Phoenix when they were starting the rebuild.

Would Chicago want to sign him and take the risk that he will be unhappy again because the Bulls aren't winning enough?
PELICANSFAN
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by PELICANSFAN » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:13 pm

TBri1974 wrote:Holiday becomes a lot more valuable after teams lose out on key free agents but have salary cleared. Then a few young assets and absorbing his contract makes sense. All that being said, Jrue is good, but I wouldnt personally want him on the rebuilding Knicks. Doesn't fit our timeline.

I have to think the Knicks timeline is going to significantly change this offseason.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#52 » by TBri1974 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 pm

PELICANSFAN wrote:
TBri1974 wrote:Holiday becomes a lot more valuable after teams lose out on key free agents but have salary cleared. Then a few young assets and absorbing his contract makes sense. All that being said, Jrue is good, but I wouldnt personally want him on the rebuilding Knicks. Doesn't fit our timeline.

I have to think the Knicks timeline is going to significantly change this offseason.

I don't hate Jrue, but he would only make sense if he were low cost and was the difference between a championship or none. He is too old for the Knicks to build around.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#53 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:56 am

If Indy were to make one of the young big men available, how would a deal match up? Just hypothetical of course.

And yes, I clearly mean TJ Leaf :wink:

(Not really TJ, he’s much too valuable :wink: )
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,638

Post#54 » by Qwigglez » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:32 am

pelifan wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Yeah if the Suns land 2-4 I’d trade Johnson and do a pick swap with the Pels (assume they land 11-13). If the Suns land 5 or higher I’d trade Johnson and the pick straight up for Jrue.

this is about right to me, except the pelicans pick is going to be much higher than 11-13 so I'm not sure what Phx and NO can include to bridge the gap between 2-3 and Johnson for Jrue.

If Phx ends up 4 though as the draft looks right now NO probably doesnt need to add much to Jrue to get that pick while taking Johnson.

If I were Phx I'd try to trade the pick for Aaron Gordon first though and sign an Indy pg.

I'd like Gordon but he isn't nearly as valuable as Jrue Holiday IMO. He's not very efficient and the Suns have TJ Warren who has stepped up at the 4 spot and is more efficient than Gordon for half the price. Suns need a PG first, and can look at possibly upgraded the PF spot in free agency, though it's slim pickings there.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#55 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Wall + TBJ + #7

For

Holiday + Hill

NOP has Wall sit out all 19/20 — and tank hard. When he returns he plays to raise his trade value to contender as his albatross contract years peel off.

Wizards pair Holiday and Beal. For 2019/20 bring back everyone on 1 year deals — preserving 2020 max cap space. Maybe Portis and Satoransky are in long term plans — but contracts need to keep max cap. Would a max FA join Holiday and Beal?
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#56 » by becorz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Jrue seems to me like on of those players who gets traded on draft day "out of nowhere". Some veteran team with a decent pick will see a very competent borderline all star out there and offer up that pick and other goodies to grab him while they can.

Spurs maybe? I know they like Murray, but Jrue is awesome. I would trade Murray and the first.

Maybe Miami gets in on him after finding a Dragic trade that helps them shed a contract?

Detroit seems logical.

I kinda like the fit next to Kemba.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Post#57 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Holiday is awesome, but his age and contract has to hurt him a bit here. That Phx trade is way too much imo.

His value is an 8-14 pick in a weak draft.

His value is is the best offer and I'm not sure that's it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#58 » by Xman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:35 pm

point guard is one of the most overloaded positions also.

Jrue has value - but his contract and age are enough that his value is limited.

that being said . . . . .
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#59 » by MotownMadness » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Xman wrote:point guard is one of the most overloaded positions also.

Jrue has value - but his contract and age are enough that his value is limited.

that being said . . . . .

He’s also a off the ball guard too though. Actually isn’t that where he starts for NOs?
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#60 » by Coeur » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:34 am

I love the idea of jrue on the suns.

Return to Trades and Transactions