Find the missing piece playoff edition: (6) Brooklyn Nets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Find the missing piece playoff edition: (6) Brooklyn Nets 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:05 am

I figured this would be a good project. Throughout the next few days I'll be making posts for each team in the playoffs. The goal is to find the ONE ROLE PLAYER that would set the team up to move to the next level. This isn't make the 8th seed Golden State, but make the 8th seed a potential 2nd round team type of thing. Then how would we get that 1 guy in the off season?

Brooklyn is yet another team in an interesting spot this off season as it could potentially bring in a friend for Russell. That being said for the sake of this hypothetical, let's say they miss out on stars and run it back while picking up this magical role player to set them up for a 2nd round/HCA run. Who is it?

Other threads:
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Re: Find the missing piece playoff edition: (6) Brooklyn Nets 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:15 am

To me, they absolutely need a power forward, preferably someone that can hit an open three, but also someone who is a switchable defender. Thaddeus Young would make the most sense in that role, as would Marvin Williams or Paul Millsap (if Denver wanted to drop $30 million). I'll go with Millsap under the assumption that Denver will want to retool a bit in the offseason and the impediment to doing so is Paul's contract.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:17 am

babyjax13 wrote:To me, they absolutely need a power forward, preferably someone that can hit an open three, but also someone who is a switchable defender. Thaddeus Young would make the most sense in that role, as would Marvin Williams or Paul Millsap (if Denver wanted to drop $30 million). I'll go with Millsap under the assumption that Denver will want to retool a bit in the offseason and the impediment to doing so is Paul's contract.

Agreed, they need a stretch 4. Mirotic should top their list (as he tops Utah's) but the others on your list make sense too.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:20 am

Yeah, my initial thought was Thad Young. I wouldn't hate Niko either though.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 am

loserX wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:To me, they absolutely need a power forward, preferably someone that can hit an open three, but also someone who is a switchable defender. Thaddeus Young would make the most sense in that role, as would Marvin Williams or Paul Millsap (if Denver wanted to drop $30 million). I'll go with Millsap under the assumption that Denver will want to retool a bit in the offseason and the impediment to doing so is Paul's contract.

Agreed, they need a stretch 4. Mirotic should top their list (as he tops Utah's) but the others on your list make sense too.

I'll admit to not being a Mirotic fan. He can definitely be a nice rotation player, but I think he's going to get overpaid this offseason.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,039

Post#6 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:23 pm

They should make a run at Tobias Harris, think he'd be a great fit there.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,598

Post#7 » by NYG » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:52 pm

A very low end option could be Ilyasova if the Bucks need help re-signing Brook Lopez.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#8 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:35 pm

I think Kurucs is the PFOTF esp. given he is barely 21 and is gaining weight and experience. He's tough and doesn't back down despite his lack of bulk (he is pretty cut and athletic tho). He's 3 point shooting isn't consistent this year, but I'm excited to see Kenny and co. continue to work on him. I also don't like the PF market this summer (outside of KD or Kawhi coming to play PF) and am completely torn on Tobias Harris, who I'm not sure is a role player in this sense. The perfect PF for the system with Siakam, but I'm gonna say he doesn't qualify either. Ibaka on the other hand might, especially since he can play PF or C and shoot.

Nets are tough in that, Carroll and Davis are their main glue guys, and both expiring. We kinda need both back. Gonna cop out because his salary doesn't say role player and I used him in the Detroit one, but I think Otto Porter would make a great pairing with Kurucs up front with his 3 point shooting and defensive versatility and relative youth.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,367

Post#9 » by Saul Goodman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:11 am

I feel like Randle is going to sign there this summer to complete the Laker's tears team. He would be a great fit with that young core.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#10 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:05 am

Butler / Middleton/ Harris

Big man, I like Favors.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to Trades and Transactions