Undervalued assets on your favorite team

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Re: Undervalued assets on your favorite team 

Post#41 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Karate Diop wrote:The Nets have a few players who fit the label but the one inexplicable one is Ed Davis... He's the kind of guy who can help every team with both his on court play and his off the court leadership. Why teams didn't go after him harder in the offseason is pretty mind-boggling...

He's essentially Kenneth Faried in terms of his living around the rim, and it's hard for teams to game plan around that, let alone for a near 30 year old backup. But for the teams that he fits, he will fit perfectly. And off the court, yeah, he's a dude. He and Dudley both.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#42 » by pacers33granger » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:55 pm

We don't have the asset specifically, but I'll throw out cap space. Seems some have a perception that there's so much of it this offseason that dumping guys won't be as costly as it's always been. Teams with space won't take your overpaid player for 2nds even if they're still a useful player.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#43 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:56 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Klaber & DFS?

well this summer will tell on what kind of offers they get. :)

I think DFS is more likely to get a decent offer sheet because he's a big wing who can defend and while not a great shooter, he's enough of a threat that teams can't ignore him. Every team is looking for those guys.

Kleber we love in Dallas for his sneaky shot-blocking, but his shooting isn't as consistent as it needs to be for him to get a major offer I think. I think his ceiling is as a bench big and so I think Dallas can retain him relatively cheaply.

Definitely fall in those useful rotation guys Dallas hopes to keep, but not special enough as players for other fanbases to be clamoring to add either guy imo.

Maybe I misunderstood the topic then. I consider role players who would be in every team’s rotation as a good undervalued asset :dontknow:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#44 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:11 am

pacers33granger wrote:We don't have the asset specifically, but I'll throw out cap space. Seems some have a perception that there's so much of it this offseason that dumping guys won't be as costly as it's always been. Teams with space won't take your overpaid player for 2nds even if they're still a useful player.

Only guy I can think of, and he’ll be a free agent, but I think people forgot about Kyle O’Quinn a bit because he took less to be the 3rd center and didn’t play most nights. It wasn’t because he’s a bad player, it’s simply because Myles and Dom are really good. When he was called on, he was a top notch backup center or 4th/5th big man. He’ll deserve more than he got this year, maybe up to the full MLE.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#45 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:18 am

Tyus Jones, at least by Minnesota fans.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,748

Post#46 » by Duffman100 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Malcolm Miller. Under the radar guy with a super smooth shooting stroke. Won't be surprised to see him get regular minutes next year.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,699

Post#47 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:37 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Maybe I misunderstood the topic then. I consider role players who would be in every team’s rotation as a good undervalued asset :dontknow:

maybe we have a semantic difference?

I would consider those players valued, but not necessary undervalued. Again, the market is going to speak really clearly on these two guys this summer so we will know in 3 months. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#48 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:18 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Maybe I misunderstood the topic then. I consider role players who would be in every team’s rotation as a good undervalued asset :dontknow:

maybe we have a semantic difference?

I would consider those players valued, but not necessary undervalued. Again, the market is going to speak really clearly on these two guys this summer so we will know in 3 months. :D

Yep, just semantics.

I think someone will make Klaber an offer. Too much money out there.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#49 » by NYG » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:53 am

pacers33granger wrote:We don't have the asset specifically, but I'll throw out cap space. Seems some have a perception that there's so much of it this offseason that dumping guys won't be as costly as it's always been. Teams with space won't take your overpaid player for 2nds even if they're still a useful player.

Cap Space for luxury tax savings will always be undervalued by fans because why would you want to give up a first round pick or so just to get rid of a player without anything coming back if the luxury tax payment isn’t coming out of your pocket?
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#50 » by TBri1974 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:14 am

dakomish23 wrote:Ntilikina. He’s never received any type of commitment to the long term project he was always going to be. Getting the FO / coach’s confidence can’t make it any worse.

I think a lot of Knicks players are undervalued.

Ntilikina would be my top choice for this also. But I think Vonleh, Trier, and to some degree even Kornet are also undervalued.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#51 » by yellowknifer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:18 am

I think Powell on the Raptors. He is a plus asset. Can shoot and play D. Also a decent slasher. He was viewed as a negative for a while on the board but I do not think he should be anymore. His contract is reasonable for what he does and he still has some upside.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#52 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Royce O'Neal. On a minimum contract, great defender, great spot up shooter, could start for quite a few teams at the 2 or 3.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,181

Post#53 » by brackdan70 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Looks like Jaylen Brown is now days.
Sign here
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#54 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Looks like Jaylen Brown is now days.

Just curious on why you think this since you didn't give any basis?
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#55 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:34 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:

Well he has been getting a lot of flack in these threads. I don't agree that there's a big gap in value between him and Sabonis like a lot of people are saying.

For Boston though.....Abby Chin? Maybe Baynes.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#56 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:

Well he has been getting a lot of flack in these threads. I don't agree that there's a big gap in value between him and Sabonis like a lot of people are saying.

For Boston though.....Abby Chin? Maybe Baynes.

Yeah I wouldn't call the difference between them a "big gap". I think folks are adjusting down from Jaylen's previous "elite prospect" consideration which I think is fair. But 6'7'' wings with some decent two way potential will always trade at a premium. Sabonis is more of a "sure thing" talent wise though, but at a less in demand role.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#57 » by Damkac » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:38 pm

For Suns: TJ Warren.
Great scorer on cheap contract. Would be much more appreciated if he played on a team that don't suck.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,181

Post#58 » by brackdan70 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:01 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:

Just based off the the thread in this forum concerning his value.
Sign here
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,734

Post#59 » by gswhoops » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Kevon Looney? He's a serviceable to good big, he's young, and he's inexpensive
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#60 » by j-ragg » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Khem Birch. Solid backup center who comes in and does the dirty work. Only got minutes this year because Bamba has a stress fracture. 4/5 of the guys in our bench unit usually can't shoot so I feel like he could be a really useful roll man in a better spread system, he's a good athlete.

Also think Aaron Gordon would have a lot higher value on a more uptempo team, rather than a team that plays almost strictly walk-it-up halfcourt basketball.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Trades and Transactions