AD to Clippers?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

AD to Clippers? 

Post#1 » by slos » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 pm

The Clippers are all in for Kawhi, but it feels like they will make a second big move if they take him.

New Orleans: Gallo, SGA 2020 PHI FRP, 2021 MIA FRP, 2021
Clippers: AD and Hill

Boston can put together a better offer with Tatum, another team could potentially offer Zion but it's not a lock any will do it. SGA, four FRPs and the Gallo/Hill swap is an honest offer to the Pelicans.

LAC will have money for Beverly and some other vets to fill their roster.

Beverly.......Vet
Shamet.......Williams.......Robinson
Leonard......McGruder......Hill
Davis.........Vet
Zubac........Harrell.........#44
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: AD to Clippers? 

Post#2 » by TheNewEra » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Can’t see them letting SGA go and I know that’s insane but I just believe they do something else to make up the difference.

Harrell and Robinson plus another future first even. Harrell is going to chase the most money possible and I don’t know if he sticks around for a lesser role if you have a Kawhi and Davis.

Harrell (expiring), Gallonari (expiring), 2 LAC picks, Mia/Philly firsts, Robinson, Ty Wallace and 2nds.

Clippers
Gilgeous-Alexander/Williams
Shamet/Beverly
ring chaser/McGruder
Leonard/Green/Motley
Davis/Zubac/Delgado
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,553

Post#3 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:48 pm

If LAC gets AD for basically less than Philly gave up for an expiring Tobias Harris, can the league allow Philly to amnesty Elton Brand (again)?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#4 » by rugbyrugger23 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Call me crazy but I don’t like AD on the Clippers —for basketball reasons. Mainly how bare the cupboard would be. It would be cool what getting and keeping AD would mean to city of LA basketball (looking at you Lakers).

Clippers are in easy position to sign 2x max FAs and one consolidation trade for another. Outside of KD + Kawhi pipe dream, my most ideal realistic version...

C: Vet
F: Harrell
F: Kawhi
G: Butler
G: Holiday

And they keep SEGA because Holiday won’t require the assets Davis or Beal (2nd trade for choice) would in trade. Small ball lineup...

C: Harrell
F: Kawhi
F: Butler
G: Holiday
G: SEGA

Add vet shooters and ring chasers and that roster is built to take down the GSW in the West and of course match up with Bucks, Knicks (with KD), or any pretender from East.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#5 » by TheNewEra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Don’t see Harrell ever being a long term starter
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#6 » by Crives » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:42 pm

There will be much better offers outside of Boston/Zion though.

Return to Trades and Transactions