Your best trade for Jalen Brown

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,307

Your best trade for Jalen Brown 

Post#1 » by shi-woo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 pm

I'm just interested in seeing what other teams fans think. I know what is perceived value is, but that isn't always what youll get. If Celtics don't make the AD trade, I still think they have to consolidate talent, and JB would probably get traded before JT/Hayward and we just signed Smart to a fair deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a move like JB+LAC pick for Lou Williams and a future pick. Assuming Clips strike out on FA

Sent from my D6708 using RealGM mobile app
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Re: Your best trade for Jalen Brown 

Post#2 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 pm

Sabonis is probably my easy pick.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#3 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:Sabonis is probably my easy pick.

Boston needs to add value to that, and it might be quite a bit. Which they can do with all their picks
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#4 » by brackdan70 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:

Boston needs to add value to that, and it might be quite a bit. Which they can do with all their picks

Yeah at this point Sabonis likely has more trade value... I would argue Brown has more upside. I don’t think the value difference is multiple picks though. Maybe Brown and 22 but that feels like a bad trade for the Cs.
Sign here
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#5 » by Resistance » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:50 am

shi-woo wrote:I'm just interested in seeing what other teams fans think. I know what is perceived value is, but that isn't always what youll get. If Celtics don't make the AD trade, I still think they have to consolidate talent, and JB would probably get traded before JT/Hayward and we just signed Smart to a fair deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a move like JB+LAC pick for Lou Williams and a future pick. Assuming Clips strike out on FA

The draft will be before free agency, so the Clippers would need to really like who Boston drafted in June to trade for him in mid July.

Since the pick owed to Boston was an annoyance/inconvenience to the Clippers, they could be very reluctant to push a pick obligation into the future unless there is enough protection that they would feel comfortable with doing the trade. If there is enough protection to make the Clippers willing to do it, then it could be more than what Ainge would feel comfortable with.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#6 » by TBri1974 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 am

If Irving leaves how about DSJ for Brown? You get an exciting PG, Knicks get a much needed defensive wing.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#7 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 pm

If Irving leaves how about Conley for Brown + Hayward?
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:27 pm

TBri1974 wrote:If Irving leaves how about DSJ for Brown? You get an exciting PG, Knicks get a much needed defensive wing.

I still see Brown as having quite a bit more value than DSJ at this point. The whole being sent away from the team by Dallas thing really hurts DSJ's value, too, I would imagine, as Carlisle is pretty well respected around the league.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#9 » by pacers33granger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:39 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:

Yeah at this point Sabonis likely has more trade value... I would argue Brown has more upside. I don’t think the value difference is multiple picks though. Maybe Brown and 22 but that feels like a bad trade for the Cs.

I'd agree that there isn't a huge gap in value. Both have one cheap year left and both have holes in their game despite being great prospects still. I think the reason we'd need more than a mid to late first is we'd be very hesitant to hand Boston their potential starting center for years to come who would also likely fit in very well under Stevens.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#10 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:

I'd agree that there isn't a huge gap in value. Both have one cheap year left and both have holes in their game despite being great prospects still. I think the reason we'd need more than a mid to late first is we'd be very hesitant to hand Boston their potential starting center for years to come who would also likely fit in very well under Stevens.

I have the value difference as large, I think Brown is living a bit off his Boston hype and really didn’t have a good year.

VORP
DS: 2.6
JB: 0.0

RPM
DS: 1.52
JB: -1.07

PER
DS: 21
JB: 13

Those are massive gaps in advanced stats.

I think the Sacramento pick narrows the game and works for both sides. JMO
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Resistance
General Manager

Post#11 » by Resistance » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:55 pm

shi-woo wrote:I'm just interested in seeing what other teams fans think. I know what is perceived value is, but that isn't always what youll get. If Celtics don't make the AD trade, I still think they have to consolidate talent, and JB would probably get traded before JT/Hayward and we just signed Smart to a fair deal.

What would be the protection on the future pick from the Clippers?
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#12 » by pacers33granger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:55 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:I have the value difference as large, I think Brown is living a bit off his Boston hype and really didn’t have a good year.

I've been personally high on Brown for awhile, so I oddly might be biased. I think there's something to be said for the position he was put in this year with Hayward coming back whereas Domas was admittedly put in a position to succeed this year. Comparatively, Domas looked pretty bad when he was used as a stretch 4.

I think bottom line is that, while the swap makes a lot of sense (with a degree of sweetener added), it's a tough one to make for either team being conference rivals.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,473

Post#13 » by Chinook » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Not to derail the thread, but I would have been okay with Brown plus for Leonard last off-season. I think it's sort of amazing how far he's fallen in the eyes of this site. With one year left, I'd consider swapping him out for Lonnie Walker, but 19, 49 and Beli would probably be my offer. I still believe in him, but Boston has held onto him for too long if their plan has been to flip him.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#14 » by brackdan70 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Resistance wrote:

I am assuming it’s this years 20th pick that the Cs own from the clippers.
I would not do that deal from a Boston Perspective and I assume Ainge wouldn’t either. But IDK. It is interesting. With Smart on the team perhaps the Cs could mesh well with an offense only guy like Williams. I may be wearing the green colored glasses but I still like Brown’s likely effect on winning in the next couple years more than I do Williams.
Sign here
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#15 » by Mykhyn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Yeah at this point Sabonis likely has more trade value... I would argue Brown has more upside. I don’t think the value difference is multiple picks though. Maybe Brown and 22 but that feels like a bad trade for the Cs.

I have the value difference as large, I think Brown is living a bit off his Boston hype and really didn’t have a good year.

VORP
DS: 2.6
JB: 0.0

RPM
DS: 1.52
JB: -1.07

PER
DS: 21
JB: 13

Those are massive gaps in advanced stats.

I think the Sacramento pick narrows the game and works for both sides. JMO

Argument for Brown is that his ideal role is also filled by Tatum and Hayward so in another situation he likely looks better.

I'd be willing to take that risk on the Spurs, but I'd definitely want Sabonis more
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#16 » by Mykhyn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:55 pm

Chinook wrote:Not to derail the thread, but I would have been okay with Brown plus for Leonard last off-season. I think it's sort of amazing how far he's fallen in the eyes of this site. With one year left, I'd consider swapping him out for Lonnie Walker, but 19, 49 and Beli would probably be my offer. I still believe in him, but Boston has held onto him for too long if their plan has been to flip him.

Wouldn't give up Lonnie....

Forbes + 19 + 29 I'd be ok with though. I really want to see a half a year with White/Dejounte/Lonnie before considering sacrificing 1... and if things go well I'd be looking to trade Derozan 1st.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#17 » by brackdan70 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Chinook wrote:Not to derail the thread, but I would have been okay with Brown plus for Leonard last off-season. I think it's sort of amazing how far he's fallen in the eyes of this site. With one year left, I'd consider swapping him out for Lonnie Walker, but 19, 49 and Beli would probably be my offer. I still believe in him, but Boston has held onto him for too long if their plan has been to flip him.

I can’t see Ainge selling him off for anything like that. It is interesting to see how his value according to this forum has fallen. Take out the first 1/4 of the season and Brown has been as good or better than last season. (I better go check the numbers on that lol, but that’s my anecdotal impression)
Sign here
Resistance
General Manager

Post#18 » by Resistance » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Resistance wrote:

I am assuming it’s this years 20th pick that the Cs own from the clippers.
I would not do that deal from a Boston Perspective and I assume Ainge wouldn’t either. But IDK. It is interesting. With Smart on the team perhaps the Cs could mesh well with an offense only guy like Williams. I may be wearing the green colored glasses but I still like Brown’s likely effect on winning in the next couple years more than I do Williams.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a move like JB+LAC pick for Lou Williams and 'a future pick. Assuming Clips strike out on FA

My interpretation of the above is that the 2019 LAC first (#20) would be returned to the Clippers and the Clippers would owe a future first to Boston. If my interpretation is correct, then clarity on the future pick owed to Boston is being sought.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#19 » by TheNewEra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Can Brown play SF? Hard pressed to see the clippers giving away Lou for anyone
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,625

Post#20 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Mo Bamba and a 2rp