Find the missing piece playoff edition: (4) Boston Celtics

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Find the missing piece playoff edition: (4) Boston Celtics 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed May 22, 2019 11:15 pm

You guy have all been waiting for it, and someone has been slacking but let's get back to it!

I figured this would be a good project. Throughout the next few days I'll be making posts for each team in the playoffs. The goal is to find the ONE ROLE PLAYER that would set the team up to move to the next level. This isn't make the 8th seed Golden State, but make the 8th seed a potential 2nd round team type of thing. Then how would we get that 1 guy in the off season?

So let's assume Kyrie stays. What one player does Boston need to put them into the next level and how do they get them?

I don't think this quite needs to be AD, a healthier Hayward, a year older Tatum/Brown/etc. and less people playing selfish ball for their next contract should help a ton.

Master Thread
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Re: Find the missing piece playoff edition: (4) Boston Celtics 

Post#2 » by MUpacersSIC » Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:You guy have all been waiting for it, and someone has been slacking but let's get back to it!

I figured this would be a good project. Throughout the next few days I'll be making posts for each team in the playoffs. The goal is to find the ONE ROLE PLAYER that would set the team up to move to the next level. This isn't make the 8th seed Golden State, but make the 8th seed a potential 2nd round team type of thing. Then how would we get that 1 guy in the off season?

So let's assume Kyrie stays. What one player does Boston need to put them into the next level and how do they get them?

I don't think this quite needs to be AD, a healthier Hayward, a year older Tatum/Brown/etc. and less people playing selfish ball for their next contract should help a ton.

Master Thread

Domantas Sabonis and #18 for Jaylen Brown and #14.

OR

Domantas Sabonis and #18 for Jaylen Brown, #20 and #22.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Thu May 23, 2019 1:45 am

Yeah, I like the Sabonis selection. He's young but also productive now, and if we are assuming a Kyrie return then a good big man should be the Celtics' biggest need.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu May 23, 2019 4:12 am

I'm not sure how, but swapping out Rozier for Tyus should help a lot.

I would also look at a Conley for Hayward deal in place of that.

Or try to get Dedmon from Atlanta on the tax payer MLE.

(Potentially losing Kyrie and/or Rozier could be addition by subtraction depending on their replacements)
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#5 » by VDT » Thu May 23, 2019 11:39 am

What's next level though for the celtics? They were at the conference finals last year and got eliminated at the second round this year with a disfunctional team. Next level would be a title or at least nba finals and for that they need to get somehow a top5 player not a roleplayer.

Return to Trades and Transactions